View Poll Results: Who are you holding your nose and voting for?

Voters
24. This poll is closed
  • Trump

4 16.67%
  • Hillary

10 41.67%
  • Johnson

8 33.33%
  • Stein

2 8.33%
Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS Election thread

Default Re: POTUS race

I hope with all my heart that anyone but Clinton wins. I feel her election to president would be a disaster on Par with Emperor Nero of Rome.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veho Nex View Post
    I hope with all my heart that anyone but Clinton wins. I feel her election to president would be a disaster on Par with Emperor Nero of Rome.
    Really? Anyone? Trump? How could you even contemplate it.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Yeah, I would rather see Anchor Baby trump leading the USA than Hillary Clinton
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default POTUS race

Mind telling us the reasons why? Personally I feel that if Trump was president it would be like President Camacho from the movie Idiocracy.

While I don't really like Clinton, I do think she is at least a capable politician and won't make the nation look pathetic.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 10-14-2015 at 11:05.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Idaho 

Blog Entries

I gotta agree with Veho, while I may concede that Bernie sanders is your best choice he's not likely to beat Hillary, and in a choice between Clinton and Trump, I'd vote Trump.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

... Seriously why

Trump is an egotistical monster - why would anyone voluntarily back him...

Blog Entries

Because A: they're all egotistical, (it's kind of a requirement, the only difference between candidates is by degree) B: he's not gonna be swayed by big business; dude doesn't need more money and C: the Email debacle showed Hillary as maybe suspect and definitely irresponsible. Basically I see Trump as the lesser of two evils.

Also, monster? Really? He's said some stupid stuff but what has he actually done to earn that?
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-14-2015 at 15:08.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    he's not gonna be corrupt, dude doesnt need more money
    If anything he would be serving his own interests. Dont kid yourself how he wont be corrupt. The difference is that he will just serve his own interests when he is in office. While he might be forced to leave his companies once he becomes president, dont think that he wont go back to those companies after he leaves office.

the Email debacle showed Hillary as maybe suspect and definitely irresponsible.
    And the large number of Trumps debacles proves the same thing. Look up Trump University.

He said some pretty terrible things about Hispanic immigrants, and Trump supporters invoked his name when beating up a homeless Hispanic man. Dont delude yourself how Trump is any better than Hillary. If anything he is worse.

Trump held many left-leaning positions in the past like on abortion, health care, gun control and the like, and only reneged on them when he wanted to come out more as a conservative hero with the whole birther movement (which by itself should tell you that hes an idiot). He's as much of a flip-flopper as Hillary.

On the other hand, electing Trump might be the kick in the behind that the US needs to finally wake up and stop giving clowns like this a political podium to speak from.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    If anything he would be serving his own interests. Dont kid yourself how he wont be corrupt. The difference is that he will just serve his own interests when he is in office. While he might be forced to leave his companies once he becomes president, dont think that he wont go back to those companies after he leaves office.
    As I clarified in my edit I meant he would be less likely to be swayed by big business; He's a multi-billionaire that barely anyone could afford to bribe and he likely wouldn't care if they tried as he's set for life regardless, whereas with Hillary its basically predetermined she will take lobbyist donations by the truckload. That's not even getting into the fact that Trump is unlikely to toe the party line as I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about his political career outside the oval office.

And the large number of Trumps debacles proves the same thing. Look up Trump University.
    Did trump university put state secrets into servers located in a loft apartment' bathroom?

He said some pretty terrible things about Hispanic immigrants, and Trump supporters invoked his name when beating up a homeless Hispanic man. Dont delude yourself how Trump is any better than Hillary. If anything he is worse.
    Trump is not responsible for the actions of everyone who claim to support him and I frankly don't consider what he said about Hispanic immigrants all that important in gauging his ability.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-14-2015 at 15:52.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Horse Archer Senior Member Sarmatian's Avatar

As I clarified in my edit I meant he would be less likely to be swayed by big business; He's a multi-billionaire that barely anyone could afford to bribe
    It's not about money, it's about power and influence.

What is the difference between 1 and 5bn? What can't you buy for 1bn? Can you actually spend it? Unless you want to form your own army and conquer yourself a piece of Africa, there is no difference between 1, 5 or 500bn. And yet, they always want more.

It would be interesting to see if it ends up Trump vs. Sanders. That would be priceless.

Husar 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarmatian View Post
    It's not about money, it's about power and influence.
    Considering he's be the president, I dont see anyone being any more capable of swaying him with power and influence than they would money.

What is the difference between 1 and 5bn? What can't you buy for 1bn?

Can you actually spend it? Unless you want to form your own army and conquer yourself a piece of Africa, there is no difference between 1, 5 or 500bn. And yet, they always want more.
    Do they? All of them? I'm getting the feeling you don't know many rich people outside of those who end up in the newspapers.

It would be interesting to see if it ends up Trump vs. Sanders. That would be priceless.
    Yup.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-14-2015 at 15:49.

As I clarified in my edit I meant he would be less likely to be swayed by big business; He's a multi-billionaire that barely anyone could afford to bribe and he likely wouldn't care if they tried as he's set for life regardless, whereas with Hillary its basically predetermined she will take lobbyist donations by the truckload. That's not even getting into the fact that Trump is unlikely to toe the party line as I'm pretty sure he doesn't care about his political career outside the oval office.
    Oh I dont disagree that Clinton wouldnt be in the hands of big business. I just dont think that Trump is immune. Rather, he would be in the hands of his own businesses so suit his interests once he gets out.

Did trump university put state secrets into servers located in a loft apartment' bathroom?
    As bad as being investigated and possibly charged for illegal business practices that cheated thousands of people out of money in a scam I would say.

Besides, I think the whole email scandal is making mountains out of molehills. Nothing illegal was done from what Ive read. Poor judgement, yes. Compromising national security? Possibly. Was anything actually compromised? That's still being determined, but from what I have read, there is no evidence that it was.

Trump is not responsible for the actions of everyone who claim to support him and I frankly don't consider what he said about Hispanic immigrants all that important.
    I disagree. You are, to a degree, responsible for the actions you influence. And while you might not consider the racist things that he said about Hispanic immigrants important, it sure is for a lot of others, especially considering that Hispanics make up a rather large section of the US.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Master of useless knowledge Senior Member Kitten Shooting Champion, Eskiv Champion Ironside's Avatar

Because A: they're all egotistical, (it's kind of a requirement) B: he's not gonna be corrupt, dude doesnt need more money and C: the Email debacle showed Hillary as maybe suspect and definitely irresponsible. Basically I see Trump as the lesser of two evils.

Also, monster? Really? He's said some stupid stuff but what has he actually done to earn that?
    Trump will ruin the US budget. Huge income tax drops (that are focused on the rich, since the poor barely pays the type of taxes he wants to cut), financed by magical growth numbers. Or massive cuts in medicare/aid, social security or the military (they+ the debt interest on 9% are more than 75% of the total budget).

He'll probably start a at least one war. He'll definitely try to strong arm himself in international politics, so expect Putin to be more popular than Trump.
    Expect state sponsored xenophobia.
    This is either public or him behaving exactly as he already does, no secret conspiracy needed.

A. He's somewhat more severe than usual. He's also known to be petty.
    B. Eh what? Having money/power is by far no guarantee of not wanting more. The opposite is common enough to have their own expressions (like power corrupts.The world has enough for everyone's need, but not enough for everyone's greed.).
    C. The Republicans screamed fire enough to get it to stick there, despite Biden saying what the US agrees on? I mean, short version, she stored non-classified work mails on a private server at home server when she worked as a Secretary of State, with an increased risk of that being hacked.
    It's pretty obvious that the only purpose of the Benghazi committee is to try to get dirt on the Obama administration and Hillary in particular.
    We are all aware that the senses can be deceived, the eyes fooled. But how can we be sure our senses are not being deceived at any particular time, or even all the time? Might I just be a brain in a tank somewhere, tricked all my life into believing in the events of this world by some insane computer? And does my life gain or lose meaning based on my reaction to such solipsism?

Project PYRRHO, Specimen 46, Vat 7
    Activity Recorded M.Y. 2302.22467
    TERMINATION OF SPECIMEN ADVISED

he's not gonna be swayed by big business; dude doesn't need more money
    You honestly believe this? You honestly believe that money shields you from money? That's like saying that being on fire shields you from fire because more fire can't get on you.
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

Idaho 

Blog Entries

Money always shields from money? No. Can? Yes.

Trump's not gonna be swayed by any sum lower than several hundred million and as samaritan said "What is the difference between 1 and 5bn? What can't you buy for 1bn?"
    I also take Trump's ego into account as I believe that most everything will boil down to trump saying "I want to do this and I don't have a particular need for more money so I'm gonna do it. Halliburton/JPMorgan/Exxon/whatever big company who objects can suck it." Which would be a big improvement over the last few presidents.
    Oh I dont disagree that Clinton wouldnt be in the hands of big business. I just dont think that Trump is immune. Rather, he would be in the hands of his own businesses so suit his interests once he gets out.
    Maybe, perhaps even probably but I don't see him reneging or delaying a campaign promise due to outside pressure like Obama has or bending over backwards for big buisness like bush. His platform might not be all that nice to contemplate but I do believe that he will follow through on most if not all of his promises, a belief that I cant remember ever holding about any other major politician.

As bad as being investigated and possibly charged for illegal business practices that cheated thousands of people out of money in a scam I would say.

Besides, I think the whole email scandal is making mountains out of molehills. Nothing illegal was done from what Ive read. Poor judgement, yes. Compromising national security? Possibly. Was anything actually compromised? That's still being determined, but from what I have read, there is no evidence that it was.
    Well the illegality of Clinton's operations isn't what I'm most interested in it's the incompetence she showed, in a time of cyber warfare a candidate for the presidency of the united states should not be so deficient in the area of cyber security as to give sensitive information to such a ramshackle IT company.

Basically it does not give me confidence in her competency.

I disagree. You are, to a degree, responsible for the actions you influence. And while you might not consider the racist things that he said about Hispanic immigrants important, it sure is for a lot of others, especially considering that Hispanics make up a rather large section of the US.
    I'm not entirely convinced that he so much racist against Hispanics as he is paranoid against first generation Mexican immigrants, regardless of that distinction I do not think it is a significant factor in determining his competence; I really don't think he will act specifically against the interests of native Hispanics or anyone who arrived before 2010.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-14-2015 at 17:00.

I'm not entirely convinced that he so much racist against Hispanics as he is paranoid against first generation Mexican immigrants, regardless of that distinction I do not think it is a significant factor in determining his competence.
    I gotta run to class so I cant do a full response but I will ask you this: if someone called Jewish immigrants thieves coming to take money away from non-Jews, would that not be antisemitism?

The President is the face of the nation in international affairs. Would you really want Trump representing the US? What if he has to meet with the leaders of Central and South America? I will wager that he wont be regarded kindly.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

The President is the face of the nation in international affairs. Would you really want Trump representing the US?
    Greyblades is British, be careful.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

I can't believe this idiot is still running.

This idiot grew up in NY in the 80s, his corruption is practically in Sammy the Bull's book from what I hear too. You know somewhere down the line this guy was in bed with the mafia, how many family businesses has this real snake agent stiffed? Feds probably have their files and as soon as this guy moves up EEEeeeehrhrrrr where the $$ at Trump. In b4 cops go super-saiyan under this clown.

Get this crook out of here. Calling people who crossed the border thieves when his wives had to do nasty things to get citizenship.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 10-14-2015 at 19:54. Reason: Edited for the Kingdom of Peace and Love

I know where trump stands. Hillary scares me because if she takes power she doesn't strike me as the person to give it up. If she won a second term at the end she'd campaign for President4Lyfe.

I want Sanders to win. I stand by the majority of what he stands for and if enough people feel that way he may win.

Anyone but Clinton and I mean that.

Hillary scares me because if she takes power she doesn't strike me as the person to give it up. If she won a second term at the end she'd campaign for President4Lyfe.
    Lolwut?

You do realize that the crazies on the far right are saying the same thing about Obama right? How January 2017 will roll around and he will refuse to give up office?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I consider myself to be pretty centrally located between the left and right. Hillary just looks like a greasy corrupt politician who actually would try to buy her way into president for life. The crazies on the right are just that. I remember people on the far left worried about GWB running for life, going to school in SF at the time I heard all sorts of stupid crap.

Hillary would America's metaphorical Nero IMO.

More like America's (female) Gerald Ford, if anything.
    Vitiate Man.

Sounds like a bunch of silly paranoia to me.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Members thankful for this post (3):

...If she won a second term at the end she'd campaign for President4Lyfe.
    This ain't Russia, pal. This kind of stuff doesn't fly here in the States.

As for Bernie, if that moron gets the Dem nomination, that just means that a republican, any republican will be our next prez. Yes, even Trump.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 10-14-2015 at 22:49. Reason: Language
    "And if the people raise a great howl against my barbarity and cruelty, I will answer that war is war and not popularity seeking. If they want peace, they and their relatives must stop the war." - William Tecumseh Sherman

“The market, like the Lord, helps those who help themselves. But unlike the Lord, the market does not forgive those who know not what they do.” - Warren Buffett

I know where trump stands. Hillary scares me because if she takes power she doesn't strike me as the person to give it up. If she won a second term at the end she'd campaign for President4Lyfe.
    ---- Because you have not even read the 22nd Amendment.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 10-14-2015 at 23:18. Reason: Edited out personal insult

To be honest, I wouldn't myself recommend that anyone read the 22nd Amendment.

that noise.
    Vitiate Man.

Lol, its not even 500 words.

If I were elected President, I would declare that, on penalty of summary execution, no one perform an electronic or automated search for any "22nd Amendment" in any source, and that wherever lists or descriptions of amendments are given, that no space beyond the 21st Amendment or immediately prior to the 23rd Amendment be glimpsed. Avert your eyes or pay the price.

Then, when I run for a 3rd term and the whining begins, I'll say, well, can you prove that there is any such amendment to the Constitution prohibiting a 3rd term?

"The 22nd Amendment."

I sure don't see any such Amendment listed anywhere.

"But it's right h-BLAM"

You all know the policy forbidding the gathering of sensory information on any concrete or abstract space between the 21st Amendment and the 23rd Amendment.

"Thousands of diverse sources across decades reference it or even describe it at length. In fact, here's a -"

Making secondary claims about constitutional amendments that could be construed to constitute a 22nd constitutional amendment is, while not a capital offense, still quite serious. *motions to SS agents*

"Well, I'm sad to see two of my colleagues go, but nevertheless, I distinctly recall there being a 22nd Amendment, and that there was a general consciousness of there being such an amendment to the effect that -"

It's all a hoax, you fools, a goddamn fairy tale! Things have always been this way, get it through your thick skulls!

Now that we have confirmed the absence of any empirical evidence toward my ineligibility to run for a third term, I will assume the office of President for my third term, effective immediately.

Further, the Republic will be reorganized into the first Galactic Empire, for a safe and secure society, which I assure you will last for ten thousand years. An Empire that will continue to be ruled by this august body and a sovereign ruler chosen for life. An Empire ruled by the majority, ruled by a new constitution!

Vitiate Man.

Members thankful for this post (2):

Palpatine is behind it all!

Page 5 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast