Thread: User Submitted Total War Strategy Guides and User Reviews website

Default User Submitted Total War Strategy Guides and User Reviews website

I was thinking of building an extensive Total War strategy guide website where users can submit their strategy guides and have other users review it. Because there are literally infinite ways to play the game, each strategy guide can be reviewed in various categories:

- replay-ability
    - creative
    - fun factor
    - difficulty
    - duration(too long/short)
    - balance
    - army power
    - strategy
    - other

Theres still ton more features I have in mind, but what do you guys think of this website?

I understand there are extensive strategy guides online for total war games, but they're not user submitted/reviewed and theres literally infinite ways to play total war games.

What you guys think?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: User Submitted Total War Strategy Guides and User Reviews website

Hello shogunner, welcome to the .Org .

I admit that I am not entirely sure what it is that you are proposing. User-submitted guides are nothing new: our own guide-sections contains nothing but user-submitted stuff. And everyone can leave a post to review it. I'm guessing that you are proposing something more structured?
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: User Submitted Total War Strategy Guides and User Reviews website

yes exactly. currently you can't search the guides by certain criteria, like how to win a battle with just calvary, or basically search guides by popularity, fun factor, etc...

I'm thinking of a site where users submit their total war strategies, and they can also rate the strategy based on several categories, and be able to search for specific strategies which you cannot do on any of the websites.

Would u personally find that useful?
    Last edited by shogunner; 05-25-2015 at 21:24.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: User Submitted Total War Strategy Guides and User Reviews website

Ah, I see. You mean that users submit and rate strategies. When you mentioned guides, I was thinking of major guides that cover the the entire game. The rating criteria that you suggested wouldn't really work for those.

I am afraid that I wouldn't be very interested in such a website. I like to work out my own battlefield strategies. If I have trouble with a particular battle, I'd discuss it in the forum rather than look for a specific guide (not in the least because it depends on many factors, such as terrain, units, etc.).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!