Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm hosting a game!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: We're playing!

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Why would they kill me? Its moronic from the mafia perspective to kill someone they can win with and I'm never going to be blackmailed or threatened in doing anything I don't want to.

I'd reveal them instantly.
    It's a threat nothing more. You just said you always play to your win condition why wouldn't they use that against you. You reveal whoever contacted you and you die. It's pretty simple to me, even if it's stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    It's a threat nothing more. You just said you always play to your win condition why wouldn't they use that against you. You reveal whoever contacted you and you die. It's pretty simple to me, even if it's stupid.
    Why would they threaten me in the first case?

They threaten me, I reveal them, its a 1-1 trade with someone who isn't town and doesn't conflict with their wc

makes zero sense

@GH

They killed Arjos!

Default Re: I'm hosting a game!

My posting style has gotten more aggressive thanks to being around 2+2/MR a bit more.

It's mostly the frustration shining through at this point.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I'm hosting a game!

Okay, I can't do the "talking to myself" schtick anymore. W/e

So here's the thing, Visor. You admitted the mafia have no interest in killing your role. That is correct. Therefore the likely result of your roleclaim is you make to a theoretical end game by virtue of announcing your role. Which means, if you *are* a ballsy mafioso, if your claim stuck, you'd basically not have to defend yourself past day 1. I don't think it's *likely* that you're a mafia making this claim, hence why I'll keep my vote on Bsmith. But, I have seen less likely things happen. Do I think this is the best lynch? No, not on probability. But I don't begrudge it because at the end of the day, it spares us from a potential last day phase where we toss a coin on whether you fake claimed, so I don't think this is even the worst result either.

Also, don't complain about the round being all about you when *you* made the round all about you by claiming a role on day 1.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Current phase: Night One

DAY ONE

Visorslash was lynched. He was a Survivor!

Csargo: landlubber
    Visorslash: Montmorency; landlubber; Csargo; Winston Hughes
    Winston Hughes: Ishmael;
    BSmith: seireikhaan; GeneralHankerchief
    Montmorency: Kagemusha
    seireikhaan: BSmith
    landlubber: Visorslash

Abstain: none
    Not voting: none

Player list
    1. GeneralHankerchief
    2. Visorslash, Survivor, Lynched Day One
    3. BSmith
    4. Ishmael
    5. seireikhaan
    6. johnhughthom
    7. Kagemusha
    8. Csargo
    9. Winston Hughes
    10. Montmorency
    11. landlubber

It is now NIGHT ONE.
    Time remaining:
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Current phase: Night One

I guess some things never change.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Current phase: Day Two

NIGHT ONE

Kagemusha was killed. He was a townie!

Player list
    1. GeneralHankerchief
    2. Visorslash, Survivor, Lynched on Day One
    3. BSmith
    4. Ishmael
    5. seireikhaan
    6. johnhughthom
    7. Kagemusha, Townie, Killed by Mafia on Night One
    8. Csargo
    9. Winston Hughes
    10. Montmorency
    11. landlubber

It is now DAY TWO.
    Time remaining:
    Last edited by El Barto; 08-07-2015 at 03:51.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Vote: GH
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Blog Entries

Oh boy.

I'm inclined to put my vote back on Bsmith. Still not a fan of his posturing, nor of the OMGUS vote upon receiving pressure.

Vote: Bsmith
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 08-07-2015 at 01:05. Reason: Forgot to host image
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    Vote: GH
    Why?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

No reason.

Unvote; Vote: khaan
    Vitiate Man.

The .org's resident pirate Member landlubber's Avatar

I'm confused by Monty so far, I'm not quite sure what he's thinking. It seems like he's somewhat overeager to vote for people who have already been accused by someone else. Could be an attempt to lay low and avoid saying something potentially incriminating.

I'm also puzzled by Winston's switching from Visor to GH and then back to Visor. With or without Winston's vote, Visor would have been lynched, and it meant abandoning his vote on GH, which had some merit. Why?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    No reason. Unvote;
    Hmm.... let's test this. FOR SCIENCE!

Vote: khaan

Why?

For one, khaan is definitely scum. This will become clearer over the course of the day.

Well landlubber, I was the first to seriously vote Visor, and khaan is in the top 5 for least-pressured players so far - as are you and I.
    Vitiate Man.

It looks like Montmorency is doing his usual shtick, so I can't really deduce much from him yet. landlubber has also continued in much the same vein as yesterday, and given that I thought he was leaning town then I see no reason to change my mind yet. I somewhat agree with Montmorency that 'khaan is worth keeping an eye on, since he (and GH, actually) is coming off as confident and relaxed in his posting, and that makes me nervous.

And of course, I then find myself agreeing with GH and 'khaan in finding BSmith to be suspicious for the combination of hedging his bets, seemingly trying to actively give off a vibe of 'townie analysis,' and the highly defensive OMGUS vote in response to pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Dammit Visor. You are making me actually think on D1. Why can’t this just be a lazy random vote day?!

I am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt for now, though I agree completely with Winston that you would be more than capable of pulling off the WIFOM ploy precisely because it would not be the boring approach.
    To give an example, this post in particular came off rather strongly as positioning himself against the Visorslash wagon whilst still giving himself room to lynch Visorslash later on should he survive D1. Also:

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    Absolutely. There is much more discussion than there otherwise would have been, which on balance is a positive thing. If Visor does backtrack into that defense, then I would be much more willing to vote for him.

Indeed, which is why I haven’t voted for anyone yet. I am tempted to vote for someone that took the knee-jerk “let’s vote Visor because ‘reasons’” path, but I have yet to have any one poster stick out as manipulating that very obvious response. No one has completely ignored Visor either, which would be another thing to pick on.
    Again, this comes off as somebody very deliberately trying to keep their options open.

So, for want of anything better:

vote: BSmith

1. I was keeping my options open because I didn't like any of the ones in front of me.
    2. OMGUS is not the scumtell it used to be. I would certainly avoid it if I were actual scum simply because of the knee-jerk reaction it tends to provoke.
    3. I really do like my vote: khaan and think I will do it again.
    4. I am posting from my phone.

:p
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

I'll have to be somewhere on Caturday IRL so I've moved the deadline forward by a couple hours.

Time remaining:

Interesting move from mafia. Can i keep posting while dead, as i did not see anything about it in the rules?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

No you need to keep me comfy.

Let us huddle for warmth.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Vote:GH

Because reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by landlubber View Post
    I'm also puzzled by Winston's switching from Visor to GH and then back to Visor. With or without Winston's vote, Visor would have been lynched, and it meant abandoning his vote on GH, which had some merit. Why?
    I didn't see any chance of GH getting lynched and, by that point in the day, figured it was best just to make sure the Visor lynch was locked down. Even though it was clear by then that he really was telling the truth, lynching Visor was a far better outcome than lynching a townie, which was the most likely alternative.

For the time being, I'm going to go with vote: GH once again. As I said yesterday, his private dealings with Visor are deeply suspicious to me, and I still fail to see how his original accusation could possibly have trapped a scumbag, making the characterisation he gave of it seem quite implausible.

That said, I'm interested to hear Csargo's reasons for the same vote, which must presumably be different to mine (or else he would have said so, right?).

Peerless Senior Member johnhughthom's Avatar

I don't think there is much point looking to deeply at yesterday's voting, it was clear early on, pretty much from his roleclaim tbh, that Visor was going to be lynched. Scum had plenty of time to decide whether popping an easy vote on him to hide with the crowd, or putting a vote somewhere meaningless was the least conspicuous route.

Blog Entries

"Private dealings"

Here's the extent of my communication with Visorslash from the first day phase:

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    I'm not keeping my vote on you long-term, just fishing for responses.

GH
    Aye I'm sure. You're too good of a player to actually think I'm scum here lol.
    Maybe in the past. Don't think that's still the case. But yeah, logically it just doesn't make sense. Probably.

Time to get trollier with my logic.
    Honestly I thought we had put the issue of Visor's identity to bed when it was revealed yesterday, but apparently not.

What was the point? I don't understand at all.

Blog Entries

I wanted a D1 that was something besides 11 random votes for a change. Visor got the ball rolling, I wanted to keep it going.

I mean why did you contact him? I can understand why you put the vote on him initially. I don't understand the PM.

But, GH, why tell him you weren't planning keeping your vote on him?

I'm struggling to think of a townie reason for doing so. By contrast, it's obvious why scum might want to cozy up to him.

Also, this 'fishing for responses' thing... People were always going to react to Visor's claim. It was the only thing anyone had to talk about. It's notable that the rest of us who pushed on Visor all provoked a response (indeed, I think every one of us caught a vote as a direct consequence), but your accusation got nothing at all until you retracted it. Looking back, it's not hard to see why. Far from demanding a reaction, your accusation was so hedged it would be hard to pick any solid point to address from it. At the time, it looked townie enough. But that's the idea, isn't it? Only when you tell me it's supposed to be provocative does it stop making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I mean why did you contact him? I can understand why you put the vote on him initially. I don't understand the PM.

Blog Entries

It made sense at the time?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast