Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Hosting Queue 6.0 | Requests to Host Games

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Mafia Hosting Queue 6.0 | Requests to Host Games

Thanks to Silver Rusher, Sasaki, Andres, Seamus, Sigurd, and Askthepizzaguy for their previous iterations of this queue.

Please read this first!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    As per discussion in this thread, these are the current number of games allowed to run at one time (though some leeway is allowed - i.e. a host may begin signups for his or her game if the currently running game is in its final phase or two:

Regular games (10 or more players at the outset of the game)

• One at a time.

Mini games (3-9 players at the outset of the game)

• No queue required, but mini games should conclude within 120 hours of game start

Speed Mafia (number of players will vary)

• No queue required, but exercise good judgment when creating one.
    • Phases limited to a maximum of 30 minutes

Non-Mafia games

• Consult with the moderator before setting one up, but I will usually have no objections. Not subject to the queue.

tl;dr if it's a mafia game for 10 or more people, it goes in the queue. Otherwise it doesn't.
    Restriction subject to change based on current activity levels.
    See Gameroom rules and reference for additional information.

In your request, please note the following:
    Name of host - Name of game (if known)
    ex. GeneralHankerchief - Pirate Ship Mafia III

• You cannot request a new slot of same game size in the calendar until a previous game of yours with the same game size has reached concluded status.
    • Liaising with other hosts if you need additional time/want to trade slots etc is permitted in this thread.

The Queue:

Currently hosting:
    Zack - XCOM

Next up:
    - Jabbz
    - Sooh
    - Zack - Ad Astra
    -
    -

Have at it.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 08-03-2017 at 02:45.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Default Re: Mafia Hosting Queue 6.0 | Requests to Host Games

Confirm.

Zack - Futuramafia

Visorslash - Rise of the Snake Cult
    Last edited by Visor; 09-13-2015 at 01:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Visorslash - Rise of the Snake Cult

Is that a reference to what I'm thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

Is that a reference to what I'm thinking?
    It might be, but I don't know what you think you know I'm referencing.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Put me in as someone who can host whenever, I have a couple low-maintenance setups that can get quite complex and can start with a couple days' notice, and I have one or two that are more elaborate and would require a ‘real’ booking.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'll slot you in behind Visor for now. If somebody wants to leap you, or if somebody needs you to leap them, that can be negotiated in this thread at the particular time.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya, I'll host one.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Member thankful for this post:

Csargo 

Blog Entries

Whenever you're ready, @Zack.

I'm in the middle of hosting a game on CFC right now, so skip me for the time being.

Blog Entries

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

If he's not available I have a game ready to host, can start within 24-48 hours of finishing signups.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can also get my game up and signups going within 72 hours if the need arises.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

If such be the case then I be votin' fer mutiny!

I can host, but there seems to be quite some interest so I'll pass to whoever is next in line.

I recently finished hosting a 30 player game and playing quite a bit, so I'm taking a bit of a break.

Blog Entries

Alright Barto, looks like you're up. Feel free to start the signups whenever.

Blog Entries

khaan has negotiated a jump in line ahead of El Barto in return for 10 gold once/if Pirate Ship IV starts, he'll be starting signups within the next couple of days.

Visor 

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Out of curiosity, who would be interested in a Diplomacy game?

It would be seven players and it generally only runs for 16-20 rounds.

Starting map:
    Last edited by Beskar; 10-23-2015 at 18:57.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Csargo 

Blog Entries

I'd be down for sure.

I'd play. Kennigit I know would be interested.

Blog Entries

Tentatively putting myself on the list to host sometime in the New Year.

GeneralHankerchief - Polandball Mafia

Yuo is of owing ten doubloons if yuo is of wanting to host such game in spot of mine!

Blog Entries

@Zack is next in line to host, but I take it from his recent posts on this site that his RL schedule is too busy until around the new year. @Visorslash, are you ready?

Go ahead and move me to the end of the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    @Zack is next in line to host, but I take it from his recent posts on this site that his RL schedule is too busy until around the new year. @Visorslash, are you ready?
    Well no, but I always design my games after signups finish and before I open the thread later that day so.... (okay thats only 90% true)

I have some things I've always wanted to test out, no idea how many players I will get either. If you're willing to go with something a bit experimental I'll throw it together ASAP and opens signups now.
    @GeneralHankerchief ?

Quote Originally Posted by Visorslash View Post
    Well no, but I always design my games after signups finish and before I open the thread later that day so.... (okay thats only 90% true)
    Indeed, you open the thread on a different day.

Blog Entries

I certainly would be fine with experimental, especially since you're up front about it. Feel free to start signups at your convenience.

Host Member Maeda Path Champion, Arkanoid Champion, 3D SuperBall Champion, Simon Champion, Disc Dash Champion, Breakout Champion Zain's Avatar

An idea is bumping around in my head, a non-mafia PvPvE game for the imagination. Refer to The Mansion which I hosted years back, I wish to make another of a similar style.

Thoughts? Permissions? Recommendations on recruitment/signups?

Would love a partner to help me gather players from various forums, as I am not around. As well as someone to bounce ideas off of and help me develop the plot/game mechanics/etc.

Thanks all!

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I missed out on the original Mansion game, and would definitely play such a game if you wanted to host another.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast