Thread: Food shortages

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Food shortages

I don't quite get the mechanics for this - I have over 1000 food surplus overall, playing as ERE, but some provinces have food shortages for a lot of turns. Why?

How do you manage this? How do you eliminate those food shortages?
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Default Re: Food shortages

Food supply is on a per province basis in Attila. I'm not entirely sure how the number at the top of the screen is calculated. Best I can come up with is that it's the sum of all food totals. What's probably happening is you're getting hit by climate change fertility drops. When Attila dies the global fertility is -4 in every province.

It's the reason I use a mod that puts an irrigation bonus on sanitation buildings.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Most probably it is indeed the sum of all food totals, minus what your provinces consume. I have problems in Constantinople for example, where I have 2 Thermae built to offer sanitation, but they consume so much food + other buildings, I have a serious public penalty.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Throwing stones from afar Member Cazbol's Avatar

In my opinion, settlement management Attila's main campaign was considerably more difficult than in any other Total War game. After only a few turns, I decided that I was simply forced to make a massive Excel spreadsheet for planning each and every province.
    Last edited by Cazbol; 06-07-2016 at 10:30.

Clearly, for WRE you do need some help. It's actually worthy of a serious prize if you manage to finish WRE on Legendary and win. (LegendOfTotalWar did it )

Proud

Been to: