Thread: Your Favorite Org Mafia Writeup

Default Your Favorite Org Mafia Writeup

I was thinking of this one, the death of Erebus in Capo IV.

However, when I went to read it after deciding to make this thread, I found that it was much shorter and less detailed than I had thought, meaning I must have heavily elaborated my memory of it over the years. Nevertheless, it's still a great piece of work and I can't think of any that I've enjoyed quite as much. Who wrote it, anyway, between co-hosts GH and Khaan, and thePizza?
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your Favorite Org Mafia Writeup

If it was a lynch writeup from that game (damn you for making me think of Capo IV, bad times) then whoever was Director at the time supplied it. In this case that would be Pizza.

The one I'm most proud of from that game was MRD's - it got a bit surreal maybe but I still liked it.

While we're on the "games I'd prefer to forget" theme people seemed to like my lynch from Capo III, courtesy of Reenk.

Kommodus wrote some fantastic bits back in the day, both when he was forced to in Mafia III and when he was hosting his own games.

Sigurd's Loki vs. Heimdall Holmgang in Midgard I was suitably epic.

khaan's Resurrection of Sigurd in Netherworld I is a sentimental favorite just for the shock value. He's going to say he's written better things, though.

However, my favorite kill of all time is a humble, unassuming kill written by Reenk Roink in Csargo's long-forgotten "Rise of the Mob". Deliberately written as such for Reenk to evade detection (he had just finished playing Mafia V where his kill writeups were quite detailed and elaborate), this kill somehow resonated with the people and popped up in game after game over the years, proving that great monuments can arise from humble beginnings. I proudly present to you the greatest piece of literary art the Gameroom has ever produced: The Sniper Kill.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

all the ones involving zackbeard kicking ass

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Some of the ones in the Pirate Mafia games were great.

But my favourite of recent times has been -off the top of my head, perhaps I can find a better one by rereading- the series of updates for Polandball mafia. They actually fitted together into a comic.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    If it was a lynch writeup from that game (damn you for making me think of Capo IV, bad times) then whoever was Director at the time supplied it. In this case that would be Pizza.

The one I'm most proud of from that game was MRD's - it got a bit surreal maybe but I still liked it.

While we're on the "games I'd prefer to forget" theme people seemed to like my lynch from Capo III, courtesy of Reenk.

Kommodus wrote some fantastic bits back in the day, both when he was forced to in Mafia III and when he was hosting his own games.

Sigurd's Loki vs. Heimdall Holmgang in Midgard I was suitably epic.

khaan's Resurrection of Sigurd in Netherworld I is a sentimental favorite just for the shock value. He's going to say he's written better things, though.

However, my favorite kill of all time is a humble, unassuming kill written by Reenk Roink in Csargo's long-forgotten "Rise of the Mob". Deliberately written as such for Reenk to evade detection (he had just finished playing Mafia V where his kill writeups were quite detailed and elaborate), this kill somehow resonated with the people and popped up in game after game over the years, proving that great monuments can arise from humble beginnings. I proudly present to you the greatest piece of literary art the Gameroom has ever produced: The Sniper Kill.
    God, I hope I've written better things. Last time I re-read netherworld was a cringe fest. Anyways, if that was your way of poking me for what my favorite writeup that *I* wrote was, well, I'm a bit sentimental, so I'll go with my sendoff of the netherworld series, culminating in Beskar's victory.

Anyways, gun to my head, absolute favorite? That'll probably always go back to the Campground - The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly finale. Shame the link for musical accompaniment broke.

Also a pretty big fan of Andres' nonsensical lynch writeup for El Barto a while back: Death by kumquating.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 08-21-2016 at 19:58.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    Also a pretty big fan of Andres' nonsensical lynch writeup for El Barto a while back: Death by kumquating.
    The fact that I accidentally changed my name (rather than my usertitle) to ‘dead of kumquats’ might have helped. XD

That game had really good updates in general.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Alright, this is going to be super conceited, but this thread has been in my head all day and I'm going to do a rundown of what I think were *my* best writeups. Feel free to make fun of me - or, alternatively, feel free to do the same, if you want me to feel better about this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Already mentioned the MRD lynch and khaan brought up Campground.

I disliked Capo IV for a variety of reasons, but one of the biggest reasons was that I felt like I had absolutely no control over the game, even when filling in as co-host. The ending was an attempt at catharsis and to re-assume a tiny amount of that control. I feel like I got the mood of the series' ending correct and brought it back to reality, for better or for worse. Anyway, done talking about that game.

The Pirate Ship series is interesting. There was one I remember resonating in the first game but I went back to it and there was a horribly-dated Inglourious Basterds reference in it that I don't want to link to. In terms of Pirate Ship II, I have to mention probably the climax of the entire series: Night 4 where the Frenchman launched a daring attack on the Captain and only just failed. I must also bring up the epilogue of Pirate Ship III and the demise of my favorite role ever: Farewell to the Frenchman.

This lynch writeup in Mafia IX was ridiculous but it happened right after one of the greatest upsets in college basketball history so that allowed me to go ham with it (khaan, the lynchee, was a student at the school that won at the time).

Speaking of ridiculous the Nude Unicyclist kill in Godfather 3 was pretty fun to write.

Finally, let's end this little exercise in self-congratulation with something that people never let me live down afterwards: The Mafia III fake ending. I only did it one more time after that, ever (in Godfather 3, where I learned to allow some time for the fake ending to marinate) but apparently twice was enough for people to continue to not trust my finales for years afterwards.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Arrr, we be doin' that but only in exchange fer some doubloons, ye scurvy cur.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    But my favourite of recent times has been -off the top of my head, perhaps I can find a better one by rereading- the series of updates for Polandball mafia. They actually fitted together into a comic.
    In yonder game, me favourite update was th' one wherein Franceball got them little guillotines in his eyeballs -he got to look sharp, if ye're savvy to my meanin'.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    all the ones involving bowser kicking ass
    fixed

I like the writeups where Double A dies.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I like the writeups where Zack dies. So, yknow, most of the early ones.

That would reflect on Zack being worth killing.

Blog Entries

Well, by that metric, you think I'm worth killing.

For wildly differing reasons.

My favorite was probably the death of Andross in Lylat Wars.

On a more current note, I've got a game in sign-ups over on civfanatics (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=573321) Come play with me!
    Last edited by autolycus; 08-30-2016 at 14:55.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!