Thread: Euro Truck Simulator

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Default Euro Truck Simulator

No thread on ETS? Oh come on, no virtual truckers around? Come on guys, I know you drive huge trucks on European roads!

http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com/

Made by SCS Interactive, a Czech company, ETS 2 is actually a very popular game with a really dedicated fanbase that somehow makes me very calm and is very welcome after a long day. Long winding roads in a truck, with local radio (wooo, English radio over the internet!) and a comfy chair makes it for a really relaxing game.

So, who's in the business?

For the record, I put ETS as a general thread because the current version is 2 and I'm sure 3 will follow at least. Instant buy from me.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Euro Truck Simulator

Do you get to fend of agressive illegal immigrants?

You get to navigate throughout thousands of kilometres of European roads carrying goods for all sorts of different companies. The driving in itself is very pleasant + the idea of local radio is fantastic (radio over the internet - REAL radio) and you get to drive the licensed trucks.

Plus, if you have a good rig - scenery is wonderful sometimes. Especially in the newly developed Scandinavian part of the map.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Scandinavia gameplay - it's a DLC of the main game, but a very pretty area of the game too.

Proud

Been to:

Does it have hills and mountains to go over? I think that would add to the challenge. I didn't notice any in the video (I'm jumped ahead a few minutes at a time).
    This space intentionally left blank

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    Does it have hills and mountains to go over? I think that would add to the challenge. I didn't notice any in the video (I'm jumped ahead a few minutes at a time).
    Hills and mountains to go over as in Spintires?

It's only focused on carrying cargo over highways and side roads, and it does include roads through mountains, hills and the like, including tunnels. It's accurate European geography.

Proud

Been to:

That Spintires looks kind of cool. However, I was referring to going UP and DOWN hills and mountains, not through (valleys) or under (tunnels). I'm thinking of trucks just trying to handle the lowly Appalachian mountains in Pennsylvania. They crawl up the mountain and have to exercise care (speed management) on the way down - to the point of having run-away truck ramps on some of the steeper grades. They are also notorious for trying to build up a head of steam approaching a hill so that momentum can carry them over it with a better speed. It can be unnerving to see such an approaching truck in the rear-view mirror if they haven't changed lanes yet. I just imagine that being one of the challenges of driving a rig and I didn't notice any such thing in the video you posted. It all looked pretty flat to me.
    This space intentionally left blank

That's because in Europe we'd rather build a tunnel than have hundreds of trucks burn fossil fuels for no good reason. Then again we still haver too many trucks anyway...

As for the game, sorry, but no. I already heard from others about how good it is, but even farming simulator sounds more appealing to me.
    I might/would play it if it were a strategy-type simulation like Train Fever or the upcoming Transport Fever.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Gregoshi View Post
    That Spintires looks kind of cool. However, I was referring to going UP and DOWN hills and mountains, not through (valleys) or under (tunnels). I'm thinking of trucks just trying to handle the lowly Appalachian mountains in Pennsylvania. They crawl up the mountain and have to exercise care (speed management) on the way down - to the point of having run-away truck ramps on some of the steeper grades. They are also notorious for trying to build up a head of steam approaching a hill so that momentum can carry them over it with a better speed. It can be unnerving to see such an approaching truck in the rear-view mirror if they haven't changed lanes yet. I just imagine that being one of the challenges of driving a rig and I didn't notice any such thing in the video you posted. It all looked pretty flat to me.
    http://americantrucksimulator.com/

I believe this is what you seek, Gregoshi.

Made by SCS, the same game studio that makes Euro Truck Simulator.

Proud

Been to:

New DLC is out, expanding on the beautiful scenery of France.

Vive La France DLC - http://store.steampowered.com/app/531130/

Proud

Been to:

That looks very cool
    Does it model little things like the only real way to see the highway in a blizzard (or very dense fog) is to turn your lights off?; even the reflect from daytime running lights tends to make what you see very confusing.
    Are the maps geographically accurate? I think this would be a great way to learn geography if the maps are good.
    I used to drive for a living so I really like the idea
    Ja-mata TosaInu

It is very cool, indeed, I love this game.

Yes, the maps are geographically accurate! But apart from heavy rain, you don't have much in terms of extreme weather. Perhaps mods can help out - and the developer greatly supports mods.

Proud

Been to: