Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111
Results 3,301 to 3,317 of 3317

Thread: Futuramafia [Concluded]

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Default Re: Futuramafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    leaving GH alive here inspired by leaving choxorn alive in the Ciretako game. A live protective role for town that cannot scan is a reason why a super-townie player or a claimed town power role isn't being murdered by scum. Not quite enough for my purposes here, but with Winston's role in play and Riedquat's, I was able to successfully argue why my slot wasn't being killed. The mafia had their hands full argument.
    I fell for it again, too, and kept thinking you were town. Well, that, and I didn't see you and Monty being scum together the way you'd been interacting all game.

I should know better by now that there's no way I can ever be 100% sure if you're town. If I have a truecop result saying "Pizza is 100% Absolutely Townie," I'm still not going to be completely sure.

And gah, Pelican. I caught a huge scum whiff on him around day 3 but I thought he was teammates with Stork and then Stork flipped neutral and I backed off my Pelican read.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Postmore =/= townie.
    I'd add to this that there's a point - relative to the player roster of any given game - at which higher overall activity levels stop benefiting town and start benefiting scum.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    The Riedquat thing was hilarious. We had been tracking you, and you even were willing to work with Mafia, in the end, but it seemed nothing short of, "We are Mafia vote this way for God's sake" could have gotten through to you.

So we had to spank.
    Heh, Bender had to kill most of your opponents and keep one of you alive to win.

And kill me, now that I think of it.

I'm glad he died.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Member thankful for this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Winston Hughes View Post
    I'd add to this that there's a point - relative to the player roster of any given game - at which higher overall activity levels stop benefiting town and start benefiting scum.
    depends on how much wolves are posting and how much townies are posting

the ratio is important

edit: and monty + pizza had about 1/3 of the total posts in the game thread

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Oh, rules question, was I categorised as human or robot? Since I believe my character is a cyborg or something. Anyway, time to ISO myself to see where I went wrong and where I was right.

Oh, rules question, was I categorised as human or robot?
    Generally, it should count as human, since the jar is merely a life-support device that doesn't fundamentally change your constitution as a human being (unless I'm missing a canon detail).

You could have won by:

1. Listening to me.

then

2. Listening to Winston.

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I'm well aware that I could have won, but in all honesty your sniping comments every time I dared to even approach working with Pizza put me off trusting you.

Oh, that was in reply to ISOing where you went right. You came closest in endorsing my case on Pizza, and in endorsing Winston's case against me and Pizza.

I don't have much guile. I was sniping only when you came closest to abandoning Pizza, so if that proved counterproductive then it would be exactly in character with my town game. :)
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

the ratio is important

Also depends on what's being said. Sometimes the town is way more active than the mafia but they're all going after each other and letting the mafia skate by with little pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post

the ratio is important

It's also about how much reading people are able/willing to do. Stuff that looks uber-scummy when you haven't properly followed what went before can look straight townie when you have, and the same is true in reverse.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
    now i realize what happened...every day i saw the statement "today's the day we lynch pizza"

then none of novice, mursska, or atheotes fought their own lynch :(
    actually i'm sorry for this post. what's done is done.

i'm just an asshole

i'm the asshole

actually i'm sorry for this post.
    Apology accepted on my part. I really enjoyed playing with you, even though it seemed some of the regulars here thought you were too... unfiltered. :)

Don't worry, you weren't that bad. Sure you were sometimes overly aggressive, but under all that you were still trying to solve the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Don't worry, you weren't that bad. Sure you were sometimes overly aggressive, but under all that you were still trying to solve the game.
    The biggest thing to remember about Mafia/NOTW is that this is a game based on lying and deception. There will always be players with agendas that are unclear to you. It can be really easy to get frustrated with people not listening to you, being aggressive towards you, twisting your words and using them against you, etc. Generally speaking, they are not doing this because they are being asses or rude. They either have an agenda, or rightly believe that you do too – even if you really don’t.

It’s hard to walk away from the heat of the moment, but I find if I am getting really frustrated that is a big sign that I am on to something and need to dig deeper.

Anyway, fun game while it lasted. Sorry my participation dropped significantly after I was lynched. RL became much more of a distraction and frankly when you are dead it is harder to stay engaged. Scum did a great job here, but I really should have pushed harder post death on Pizza. The engineered CFD on me felt forced and I could have countered it harder. Monty and Pelican though would likely have stayed off my radar for some time.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

actually i'm sorry for this post. what's done is done.

i'm just an asshole

i'm the asshole
    If you want exclusivity on that, I will fight you for it.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Next game sign-ups / discussion here.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...Players-wanted

@ Players from this game.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111