Default Re: This is a really bad idea mafia- SIGN UP SHEET

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    In order of preference, 1-3-2-4.
    I'm mindmelding with GH.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

All these options are acceptable to me.

Hey, I'm the 20th-of-December guy Dp101 mentioned. Can't commit to playing before then, but if the game's still open by that time I'm in.

Otherwise my preferences are 1-3-2-4 from the list.

Member thankful for this post:

3 - 1 - 2 - 4. I really don't like the idea of having a multi-day pause in between. I'll play either way, but yeah. Also, I believe I have an additional one coming for the game, my adult son, as long as no one minds family members playing together. No collusion obviously.

Member thankful for this post:

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    3 - 1 - 2 - 4. I really don't like the idea of having a multi-day pause in between. I'll play either way, but yeah. Also, I believe I have an additional one coming for the game, my adult son, as long as no one minds family members playing together. No collusion obviously.
    I enjoyed playing with him last time, this should be good.

probably prefer number 1 really

1 or 3 would be my preference, but I don't really mind since I'm gonna be hectic as usual and popping in and out erratically around family and work anyway.

PIZZA IF YOU CATCH CASS POSTING AFTER 11PM SHE IS TO BE MODKILLED!!

she must sleep this game and not let it take over her life

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabbz View Post
    This is fine. Sooh is my wife, and we're in the same house. Ground rules for something like that, just in case someone does accidentally get spoiled (it can happen):

1) Stop posting in the game or in any related quicktopics, etc.
    2) As soon as humanly possible, PM me explaining what happened. I will replace or modkill whichever slots I need to, with no hard feelings.
    3) Don't use the same computer, stuff can pop up in the search bar if you type something innocuous. Happened in a game I hosted on GITP, brothers sharing a computer accidentally saw the other's qt.
    4) Please avoid clearing/condemning one another for reasons you can't explain publicly. Mainly because they can be very wrong. One time I was in a turbo with someone and they heard me typing a lot in the other room during night phase. But I was vanilla town, taking notes and trying to jot down all the fake peeks. Sounded a lot like I was in a mafia chat though. If you stick to in-game evidence, you will always feel better about it, right or wrong. Plus others playing with you can follow your reasoning.

Also @ everyone:

• Make sure you guys all have read the OP of this thread, due to the unusual representative voting mechanics of this game.
    • Due to this game's referencing of a real-world voting mechanic, it's possible that real world politics will be brought up in the game. Don't do that at all. It can easily derail the game, offend people on your own team, and force the moderators to intervene. Consider it a house rule for this game just to keep things focused on what they should be.
    • If you're new to the .org, here's a quick and dirty version of what to avoid: Insults, flaming, quoting/screenshotting your role PM, multiple accounts in one game, trolling, baiting, anything that wouldn't be appropriate sitting around your fiancee's family's dinner table and playing monopoly with them. Treat everyone in the game as an honored guest and, even though your aim is possibly to defeat them, remember we're all friends or we're all civil at the minimum.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

It's looking like people are fine with starting sooner rather than later, and simply extending day or night phases through the holidays. At minimum I will add Christmas Eve and Christmas Day to whichever phase requires it, possibly the day after if it is a Day Phase, thus guaranteeing two in-game days outside of Eve and Xmas. I will also extend the phase that covers New Years Eve/Day, but I won't lock the thread during these extensions.

I will fill the game at 21 players, and anyone else that would like to get involved will be a reserve, and please note that I may actually use a reserve player, so keep an eye out for a PM at anytime. In general I will try to replace people in as early as possible.

@Fenn

If we start before the 20th, can I have you as the first guy who replaces in, if I need a slot replaced?
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

EDIT - Never mind!
    Last edited by Schema; 12-16-2016 at 15:46.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I'll play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    If we start before the 20th, can I have you as the first guy who replaces in, if I need a slot replaced?
    Sure, that sounds good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    I didn't know you were from India. My husband is from Chennai.
    Ohh...I currently live in Chennai!

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    Ooohhhhhh!

*impressed sound*
    One more vote acquired!

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    Ohh...I currently live in Chennai!
    No kidding. My husband's relatives live mostly in Kodambakkam (I don't know spelling). Do you speak Tamil? I only know a little.

Oh... I won the fictional game! Count me in!
    returning to the shadows.....

No kidding. My husband's relatives live mostly in Kodambakkam (I don't know spelling). Do you speak Tamil? I only know a little.
    you are spot on about the spelling. Hope no one was injured in the cyclone earlier this week.

Tamil and English are the only languages i can speak. I am a native of Madurai (Credited with the creation and growth of Tamil language...so we call our slang the best form of Tamil )
    Great to know you can speak Tamil

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    you are spot on about the spelling. Hope no one was injured in the cyclone earlier this week.

Tamil and English are the only languages i can speak. I am a native of Madurai (Credited with the creation and growth of Tamil language...so we call our slang the best form of Tamil )
    Great to know you can speak Tamil
    Everybody's fine, but they sent us video of trees blowing around and stuff. Not my idea of a fun time, I guess you can relate!

My mom-in-law writes Tamil poetry. She's been known to talk about the "pure" Tamil of various areas that are definitely not Chennai, hah! I swear half the nouns my family uses are English words; that's the only reason I can occasionally tell the topic of conversation, other than a bunch of common phrases. It's not like I can carry on a conversation, sadly.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Game will start in 24 hours EXACTLY from now. :P
    Crap, I'm only at 268 words for Zack so far.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Crap, I'm only at 268 words for Zack so far.
    Probably going to be hard to reach 500 I imagine, what with the limited source material and all.

Is it that difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Probably going to be hard to reach 500 I imagine, what with the limited source material and all.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Game will start in 24 hours EXACTLY from now. :P
    I… was going to say that it was better if we started in January so we don't get any interruptions but if you all wanted to start earlier I still have to be around to host the RPS game so it's not biggie… also vote: Renata. You know why.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

OMGUS.

Everybody's fine, but they sent us video of trees blowing around and stuff. Not my idea of a fun time, I guess you can relate!

My mom-in-law writes Tamil poetry. She's been known to talk about the "pure" Tamil of various areas that are definitely not Chennai, hah! I swear half the nouns my family uses are English words; that's the only reason I can occasionally tell the topic of conversation, other than a bunch of common phrases. It's not like I can carry on a conversation, sadly.
    ha..i can imagine. hey..as long as you can speak English, you can get around in Tamil Nadu!

The game has begun. If you wish to contact the game host about being a substitute player, PM Askthepizzaguy.

This thread can be locked

@GeneralHankerchief
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123