Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Town wins on day 5 following the concession of the last remaining scum. GG all.

At the fall of the previous day, the Archmage, leader of the Mage’s Council, was slain by parties unknown. All throughout the keep heard and sensed the magics being used in this battle, but most were sealed into their rooms by a powerful magic. The various mages have spent the previous evening in meditation and preparation for what is to come.

The sun finally arises over the horizon after tense hours of waiting for members of the Council. Just moments after the first rays of sunlight strike their Keep, the spell blocking the mages doors falters. Throughout the keep mages slowly and cautiously leave their rooms and make their way towards the center, towards the Archmage’s chambers.

As was to be expected the devastation was significant. Vast magics were thrown around, and some of them had a truly alien feel about them, the feel of corruption. It was not clear who attacked the Archmage, but what is clear is that the individual or individuals involved were themselves of the Council, for none other than they were able to enter the keep. It did not take long for each mage to realize their very lives were now at risk.

With their leader gone, the mages discussions rapidly turned towards bickering and blaming, and nearly came to blows. Before that happened however, a consensus of sorts was reached. Letting a corrupt mage into the world was too great a risk, so each mage would subject themselves to Trials of Purity. These trials would destroy any that were tainted by corruption. Unfortunately, even those not tainted still would face banishment to another plane of existence for 100 days, and while there, their bodies would be vulnerable to destruction.

Because of this, none were inclined to go first, either from fear of death, or fear of victory at the hands of the corrupted. In an attempt to address this, they decided to use that which they praised most, logic, to decide the order they would be exposed to the trial. Day one begins with these discussions.

[*] The flavor from role PM’s will be made available after the game for those interested in knowing more about the setting.
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-16-2017 at 04:46.

Default Re: Small Mafia Game: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords

Game Rules.

Please pay close attention as some of these rules are from where I usually host, which means they might not be what you are used to.

Breaking rules will result in penalties ranging from warnings to loss of abilities, being mod killed, or being replaced at the GM’s discretion.

• Do not discuss when you received your role PM or any other GM communication. Do not quote from your PM, paraphrasing is fine. Do not take screenshots or any other workarounds that might allow someone to confirm your role.
    • Players may not communicate with other players unless otherwise notified by the GM that it is acceptable, and only through channels they authorize.
    • If you have any questions of the GM, send it via PM. GM will only answer basic questions such as clarification of the posted rules, time till lynch, or vote count. All other questions will be ignored. Non-response on the part of the GM is neither confirmation nor denial of the question.

• During the day phase each player must cast one vote for someone to be lynched.
    • Votes must be posted in RED text or they will not count. Votes with spelling errors of names do count, so long as it’s unambiguous in the GM’s opinion whom is being voted for. Votes embedded in quotes do not count.
    • Voting is mandatory. Voting no lynch or abstain is not an option. Failure to vote is subject to penalties up to and including being mod killed. Failure to vote on two separate occasions will automatically initiate a modkill and a loss.
    • The player with the most lynch votes at the end of the day is lynched, and eliminated from the game. In the event of a tie, the lynch will be resolved in a pre-determined manner that makes sense to the GM. Only the GM lynch tally is official.
    • Following death you will be allowed one posthumous post that doesn’t contribute to the discussion. IE GG, assholes, I’ll get you next time, etc. There will be a dead quicktopic, and you will be given the address once you have passed on.
    • Alignment and role will be revealed upon death.
    • If all players are simultaneously eliminated, the game reaches a stalemate situation, or a tie is achieved, scum will win.
    • All details about how a player died will be strictly flavor, with the exception of the disclosure of their faction and role.

• Days are 48 hours long, nights are 24 hours long unless otherwise noted. Starting time for both phases is 12:00 PST or 20:00 GMT. The forum clock is used as the official clock. Votes and actions posted at 11:59 count, votes and actions posted at 12:00 do not. Stop posting at 12:00.
    • In the event of extended forum downtime or downtime that occurs in close proximity of the deadline or some other event that disrupts the game, the day may be extended 24 hours at the GM's discretion.
    • Do not post after the end of the day or night cycle until the GM has posted. You must check PM’s before posting at the start of each day to verify that you are still alive.
    • Posting at night is acceptable in the main thread.

• To prevent confusion that may arise in the case of cross posting, posts may not be edited for any reason.
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-04-2017 at 00:36.

Day One Resolution
    Night One Resolution
    Day Two Resolution
    Night Two Resolution
    Day Three Resolution
    Night Three Resolution

Player List. Order from Signup Sheet.

Living Players.

[
    1. GeneralHankerchief (Mason) survived.
    2. Montmorency (Guild Member) survived.
    3. Choxorn (Guild Member) survived.
    4. Arakhor (Guild Member) survived.
    5. Csargo (Guild Member) survived.
    6. Winston Hughes (Hunter) survived.
    7. Kcaz (Guild Member) survived.
    8. Renata (Mason) survived.
    9. Lewwyn (Guild Member) survived.

The Deceased
    Dp101 (Corrupted Mage) Lynched on day one.
    Al Sipsclar (Corrupted Mage) Killed Night one.
    Bsmith (Guild Member Killed Night one.)
    Visor (Corrupted Mage)Lynched on day two.
    Atheotes (Guild Member) Killed Night Two
    Sooh (Betrayer [Serial Killer]) Lynched on day Three
    Snerk (Corrupted Mage) Self Lynched on the morning of Day 5, conceding the game to town.

List of QT's and the Master Spread Sheet

Full PM Text
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-16-2017 at 04:52.

Mechanics explanation and clarification.

Each player has been given a mana total and a list of spells to select from.

Think of mana as two separate values that are spent differently, and each spell simply has the same numerical value for both types.

In the first instance think of mana as capacity points. If you are told you have 5 mana, you have 5 capacity points. Those capacity points are used to select spells up to and including that capacity. Since Tier 1 spells cost 1 mana, Tier 2 spells cost 2 mana, and Tier 3 spells cost 4 mana, you could pick any combination of those that do not exceed your capacity. This must be done on night 0 (now).

For example, you could pick one tier 3, and one tier 1 spell, which would use a total of 5 mana. You could also pick two tier 2 and a tier 1, or any other combination resulting in 5 or less. You do not have to spend all of your capacity points.

The second part of mana is its usage. This is what is consumed after the game begins. If on night one you wish to cast your level 3 spell, it will consume 4 mana, leaving you with 1 remaining. If for some reason you lost access to two points of your mana (mod punishment for rule violation, hostile spells, events, etc) and you had not cast any spells, you would now have 3 mana total. This would mean you would not be able to cast your tier 3 spell, as it costs four points, but you would still be able to cast your tier 1 spell, and the remaining 2 mana would sit unspent unless something else happened.

I hope this clarifies any questions you may have, if it does not, please don't hesitate to PM me.
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-04-2017 at 00:33.

Day One Begins
    Last edited by Jabbz; 02-05-2017 at 20:35.

In case you missed it in the edit, you may now post.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Good afternoon, scumbags and normal people.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

Csargo is one of the names I don't recognise, so clearly we must deal with suspicious strangers first!

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Hi everyone!

Hi Arakahor!

Maybe Dp gets a hi, maybe not. Depends if he's a scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    Maybe Dp gets a hi, maybe not. Depends if he's a scumbag.
    Why ;-;

I'm 100% sure Renata is scum. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Why ;-;
    A lady doesn't consort with scumbags, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    I'm 100% sure Renata is scum. You're welcome.
    Silly boy, that was last game. This game I'm a townie.

Dremora Courtier Member Arakhor's Avatar

Hiya, Reanata. Long time, no see.

Over five years since we've played together, I think. How's CFC been treating you?

We are treating him pretty badly to be honest. But he still hangs out. :)

Hi everyone! Reading up.

Vote: BSmith

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    We are treating him pretty badly to be honest. But he still hangs out. :)
    Nice, lol.

My logic says that we check the archmage's library on how to detect unknown magics. Then we kill the traitors.

Don't mess with me: I know Force Lightning.

Vote: Renata
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vote: Montmorency

Obligatory fear vote.

You seem copacetic.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I am very bored this evening.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Vote: Kcaz

Only a traitor would spell his name backwards.

Vote: Lewwyn

Huh, that's annoying. Novice's votecounter is designed to pick up the regular Vote: Lewwyn format, rather than the one used on RB and in this particular game, ie Lewwyn. Might make things interesting.

We just make Jabbz do manual vote counts every hour on the hour.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

~~~An Appreciation of One of Our Betters~~~

Friends, Orgahs, fellow countrymen. I stand before you all today with the intent to extol the many virtues of one of our number. You may be surprised by whom I about to speak of, but the reason for my doing so is simple: Among his many admirable qualities, his humility perhaps shines most gloriously of them all. Thus the task falls upon me to wax poetic about the man who deserves all of the accolades we can think of. I speak, of course, about Zack.

If you're not familiar with Zack, perhaps you might know him by one of his alter egos. Zaccino, ZackCFC, he even briefly went as Zackbeard in a very successful tenure aboard the legendary vessel Presence where, of course, he was immediately named Captain and steered the ship home and presided over the smallest loss of life in all three of the ship's great voyages. His gold total accumulated from that expedition still singlehandedly pays for the satisfaction - and pleasure! - of many a night worker in Nassau even today, and his name still rightly strikes fear in the heart of many a Frenchman.

He is a decorated and exemplary host, welding together many universes in his famous None Shall Pass series with the raw power of an overclocked jackhammer yet also the fine precision of a razor for ants. In terms of hosting games set in an established universe - which I notoriously despise - there is perhaps no finer and more talented figure at this than Zack. His Futurama game aptly demonstrates his skill at this always-difficult task.

Zack's skill as a player is also, of course, unmatched. Truly Visor's better half, Zack has weaved through the myriad of thankless roles he has been assigned over the years, always cutting the most dashing figure on the dance floor that is our lives. He also made the finals of the annual Mafia Championships a year before such noted competitors as GeneralHankerchief, Apoc, and Newcomb, and did better than Askthepizzaguy, who could only muster up a N1 death while Zack, as part of the winning mafia team, gentlemanly subbed out on D2 in order to give the doomed town at least a fighting chance.

Yes, truly Zack is a shining example and role model to all of us on all possible fronts that you can think of. While I, GeneralHankerchief, may have been around the longest, while Sasaki Kojiro was the most influential of us in the early days, while Askthepizzaguy may have more posts, and while seireikhaan may be my best internet friend (and occasional secret dalliance partner), there is one person who shines above them - and us - all. I speak of the one and only...

Heart-stopping,

Pants-dropping,

House-rocking,

Earth-quaking,

Booty-shaking,

Logic-taking,

Looooooove-making...

The one...
    The only...

The great...

ZACK!!!

Long may he grace us with his presence!
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Small Mafia Game: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

Wait, wrong game.

Vote: Sooh
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Page 1 of 49 1234511 ... LastLast