Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1455

Thread: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [Concluded]

Default Re: Swords and Sorcery Mafia Without the Swords [In Play]

I prefer vanilla or vanilla-ish games most of the time. The less "decoration" the better imo.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by atheotes View Post
    i picked vitality bcos there was nothing else to pick.
    I was late for d1 and had to kind of rush to choose and picked the stasis thinking it will prevent night kills. yes. it says moon rise, governor etc. still my brain only registered high tier, town ability and my own high mana (based on tier 1 track,watch etc. and tier 3 doc)
    I picked stasis for the same reason. I read moon rise as sunrise scanning the spells.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Front page has been updated with all links, roles, deaths, etc.

Members thankful for this post (2):

SoohZack 

I dont mind playing a bastard set up when it is announced as such

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    The only other comparably bastard lynch-proofing I've seen was Camikaze's LOTR game way back, where some of the scums were immune to death until other scums had been killed first, but at least when sprig got lynched and showed his immunity the first time, he lost his own lynch vote and was publicly revealed as Sauron. Then someone else on the secondary scum-team was lynched out of order, and we didn't get to know why other than they just couldn't be lynched, no reveal of why or even taking his vote away the way that happened to sprig.
    I remember that. Was Beefy who couldn't be lynched until the rest of our Isengard crew was eliminated. Problem was that Camikaze forgot to specify that in the lynch write-up, so town wasted yet another lynch trying to string up Beef. So yeah, not so good. And you never know, it's possible that lynch won us the game.

As for bastard elements in a games yay or nay, I'm fine with it. I'm no puritan when it comes to these games at all. If anything I'm the opposite, I prefer that games aren't too vanilla as I tend to grow a little disinterested if it's just an endless slog of tone analysis. I love a good mechanical mystery. Kennigit's games usually scratch my itch in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Of course the dead QT still has people listing me as their first choice for scum.
    Well, I did say it was tinfoil, so no really a serious allegation. I did find it strange that we did the exact same thing on the same night, so the paranoia led to the thought that maybe you didn't do it and could see what people you killed did instead and were reporting that as cover.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

GG to town here. Finally a game that had tons of roles/abilities and was one that I could actually keep up with. Naturally I get offed N1.
    Always meet on the level, act by the plumb and part on the square.
    2B1ASK1

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    GG to town here. Finally a game that had tons of roles/abilities and was one that I could actually keep up with. Naturally I get offed N1.
    Renata and I were pretty much determined to see you lynched had you survived, so that actually might have been for the best.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Yeah, it moved suspect #2 (Visor) into prime voting territory.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    I remember that. Was Beefy who couldn't be lynched until the rest of our Isengard crew was eliminated. Problem was that Camikaze forgot to specify that in the lynch write-up, so town wasted yet another lynch trying to string up Beef. So yeah, not so good. And you never know, it's possible that lynch won us the game.
    IIRC, He was Wormtongue, you were Saruman, and who else was on the team? I think I remember Autolycus being a member of the team...

But yeah, it got kind of frustrating to lynch lots of scums for a while and then not be able to do anything at all to you guys, and then we ended up lynching Earthling and Takhisis, who were very bad townies but very obviously townies.

oh..i meant to ask earlier. @Sooh - why did you claim that you protected Renata? and why did you kill me when i could have been the mislynch?

Quote Originally Posted by Choxorn View Post
    IIRC, He was Wormtongue, you were Saruman, and who else was on the team? I think I remember Autolycus being a member of the team...

But yeah, it got kind of frustrating to lynch lots of scums for a while and then not be able to do anything at all to you guys, and then we ended up lynching Earthling and Takhisis, who were very bad townies but very obviously townies.
    Correct. He was Wormtongue, Auto was an Uruk-Hai, and I was Saruman. I might be mixing it up here but I seem to recall Beef being able to recruit another member after Auto was lynched. CCrunner or Drumstudent/Verarde beacame an Uruk-Hai or something. But it's been too long, I'd have to read the thread.

oh..i meant to ask earlier. @Sooh - why did you claim that you protected Renata? and why did you kill me when i could have been the mislynch?
    I guess to be able to try and sell it as a vig if need be. Usually fair SK play but in this game the scum faction and SK desperately needed to work somewhat in tandem. Instead we stumbled against each other right out the gate, with us targeting Sooh n1 which lead to me having to forge a case on Sooh and in the process looking super scummy after her flip.

Well, I knew I had to claim something, so I picked an action I thought sounded good and since Renata pretty much owned D1 I thought it would have made sense to protect her. Remember, I was only half aware of what was going on in the thread because of my fever. Killing you was to create wifom.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snerk View Post
    Correct. He was Wormtongue, Auto was an Uruk-Hai, and I was Saruman. I might be mixing it up here but I seem to recall Beef being able to recruit another member after Auto was lynched. CCrunner or Drumstudent/Verarde beacame an Uruk-Hai or something. But it's been too long, I'd have to read the thread.
    Oh yeah, now I remember that. Of all the bastard recruitments, that was the bastard-iest. He can't be lynched before his recruits, and he can recruit new recruits as lynch protection? The hell kind of balance is that?

Lol that role was cray cray! Though IIRC he could only replace Auto with a new recruit. I could be lynched and that would also end our faction kill.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849