Thread: history fan hope for EBII Teams help

Default history fan hope for EBII Teams help

I am a history fan.Especially for geology of antique middle east.But I cant find any detail map of iran and central asia of neither parthian nor sassanid not even abbasid time in google or anywhere else.I want detail map of cities not a map of just 2-3cities in one province.Can any expert help a keen history fans out?

Default Re: history fan hope for EBII Teams help

Well, since contemporary maps would be hopelessly inaccurate, maps of archaeological sites would be the most relevant for you. Something like these for example? https://oi.uchicago.edu/research/com...east-site-maps

If I knew what you were trying to achieve it would be easier to help though...
    X3 From The Blacksmith, d'Arthez and The King for my Keltoi reproductions and dressing up.

I'm always around here lurking in the shadows; not as easy as it sounds when wearing this much shiny iron :)

Thank you.but it cant help me much.I find a fantastic islam book about roads and cities and revenues in abbasid world.While I can know almost every place name it registered in ancient syria due to my knowledge of ancient roman empire.But when it come to Iran,almost nothing.Your map cant tell me where those place in the book is.Thank you anyway.Pity on Iran with such a long history and so few history.Not like our china.

COYATOYPIKC Senior Member Flatout Minigame Champion Arjos's Avatar
    Prisoners upon this rock, flying without wings...

Although on paper about the Roman Empire, this interactive map shows ancient settlements and archaeological sites. Unfortunately no roads in the east, anyway by zooming in most if not all sites in Iran can be found. After that cross referencing and checking entries in the Encyclopaedia Iranica might be the best way around it...

Maybe articles from the CAIS can help as well...

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Arjos View Post
    Although on paper about the Roman Empire, this interactive map shows ancient settlements and archaeological sites. Unfortunately no roads in the east, anyway by zooming in most if not all sites in Iran can be found. After that cross referencing and checking entries in the Encyclopaedia Iranica might be the best way around it...

Maybe articles from the CAIS can help as well...
    That map is really cool! Thanks!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Member thankful for this post:

Arjos 

thank you.I know that map long ago.My knowledge of classical roman map is mainly due to it.Maybe I am trying nobody had tried before.