Thread: Game seems to ignore ebii.cfg on my setup

Default Game seems to ignore ebii.cfg on my setup

So I just installed EBII my Windows 10 partition, and I'm not sure the game is reading my EBII.cfg at all. I can't find any logs, and the game is ignoring my disable_arrow_markers and auto_save settings.

Steam *was* installed in Program Files, but I moved it to a subfolder of Documents as per method 2 from here: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...7418-YUBN-8129

I didn't see anything for Medieval 2 in virtualstore, either from my user or admin account, but the game (both Med 2 and EB II) does still ask for my admin password. Though it doesn't actually need me to enter the password for the game to work.

Am I going to need to fully re-install M2 to get this game to work properly? I'm asking here instead of just trying it because it's kind of a big download.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Default Re: Game seems to ignore ebii.cfg on my setup

What does your medieval2.preferences.cfg say? Could it be overriding your EBII.cfg? It's not supposed to work that way around, but sometimes seems to.

You may need to reinstall, though I can't profess to be able to diagnose what's going on with either Steam or VirtualStore/UAC, since I've got a retail version on Win7 (with UAC disabled).
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Hmm... I made a backup of medieval2.preferences.cfg then moved the changes from ebii.cfg into that file. Then I did it all over again and made the file read-only when the game overwrote it.

Things appear to be working on the surface. Should the logs be clean of warnings or errors? I'm getting a few (thousand).

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

There's all sorts of warnings and errors, they don't necessarily mean anything. For example, every single line saying:

Code:
    00:33:26.900 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/EBII/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 30118, column 3
    Building DB error - faction f_gandhara has gap in building prior to zurkhaneh
    Is a false positive you can ignore.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR