Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by SeveringViper View Post
    He only said "Not(ic)ed". Granted, I'm interpreting that, but why are you saying my interpretation is wrong?
    Maybe it's mine that is wrong. I figured he was referencing my play in previous games.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I mean, I can link you to a post describing my play made by someone I play with regularly, though it is a few months old.
    What I do notice though is that you don't really describe any difference in terms of my town or scum play, but I'm not sure how many of either we have played together. Other than that it's sort of just a description of my personality.
    He's made a point of saying he might not be able to read you correctly because of having played with you regularly before and having formed a preconception of how you play. Are you saying he hasn't played with you that regularly?
    I'd say rather that he's only describing how he sees/what he looks for in your town play, since nobody talks about how mafia is rarely "wrong".

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Pre-game]

What did I miss?
    Questions to Raith and what I meant by that question to novice in regards to analyzing things.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    Maybe it's mine that is wrong. I figured he was referencing my play in previous games.
    Saying that this approach of being the detective/interrogator is unusual for you?

I mean, I can link you to a post describing my play made by someone I play with regularly, though it is a few months old.
    What I do notice though is that you don't really describe any difference in terms of my town or scum play, but I'm not sure how many of either we have played together. Other than that it's sort of just a description of my personality.
    That's what I was aiming for though.

Sure, I'd like a link, although I'm not planning on doing external research on 16 players.

Sure, I'd like a link, although I'm not planning on doing external research on 16 players.
    No comment on Sooh appearing to say you don't know her play as well as you claimed?

He's made a point of saying he might not be able to read you correctly because of having played with you regularly before and having formed a preconception of how you play. Are you saying he hasn't played with you that regularly?
    The point was rather that I've played with her enough to from a stereotype and little enough that it might be way off.

I'd say rather that he's only describing how he sees/what he looks for in your town play, since nobody talks about how mafia is rarely "wrong".
    Yes, exactly.

Saying that this approach of being the detective/interrogator is unusual for you?
    No, I thought he was saying that he had noticed me not being good at drawing conclusions.

The point was rather that I've played with her enough to from a stereotype and little enough that it might be way off.
    Oh, hm. I understood it as that enough time had passed that her play style could have changed, but that comes out to the same thing tbh.

No, I thought he was saying that he had noticed me not being good at drawing conclusions.
    Ah.

Regularly is a very loose term in that case. I've played less than 10 games here on this site I believe, not all of them with novice, and over the course of a couple of years. That would also be the reason why I don't feel like I have much in terms of meta on players here, but rather play from what I see, not what I expect.

Questions to Raith and what I meant by that question to novice in regards to analyzing things.
    I don't understand. Are you looking for me to answer something?

From November last year, so it's a bit older than I remembered. Post

Regularly is a very loose term in that case. I've played less than 10 games here on this site I believe, not all of them with novice, and over the course of a couple of years. That would also be the reason why I don't feel like I have much in terms of meta on players here, but rather play from what I see, not what I expect.
    I see.

I don't understand. Are you looking for me to answer something?
    Nah, just saying it looks like you said I was doing nothing when I'd already started asking questions.

That's sort of what I got from it, yes. I was a bit confused by Viper's insistence that you said you knew my play well.

Nah, just saying it looks like you said I was doing nothing when I'd already started asking questions.
    No, I'm not sure where you saw that in my posts. I don't feel like I've commented much on your play at all.

That's sort of what I got from it, yes. I was a bit confused by Viper's insistence that you said you knew my play well.
    Not particularly, I don't remember many specifics. I guess I have a (unverbalizable) mental model of what kind of player you are, and if you do something at odds with that I might react. But of course that could then just be an error in my model.

I have you stereotyped, I guess.
    This, the mention of having stereotyped you especially, implies he has enough experience from games with you to have enough knowledge of how you played for there to be bias.

No, I'm not sure where you saw that in my posts. I don't feel like I've commented much on your play at all.
    Looking forward to seeing when you start analyzing things though.

Ok, I can't say that I necessarily agree with you or see the same things you see, but that might be due to different experiences. I do like that you're being thorough, and I think by keeping a steady line of questioning it'll ultimately make it really difficult for mafia to keep up. That being said, what I meant when I said I was looking forward to your analysis was that I was looking forward to seeing what you're getting from your line of questioning, and how you interpret the responses that you're given.

Ok, I can't say that I necessarily agree with you or see the same things you see, but that might be due to different experiences.
    Probably.

I do like that you're being thorough, and I think by keeping a steady line of questioning it'll ultimately make it really difficult for mafia to keep up.
    I get the feeling you're in teacher mode and it's unintentionally condescending. It's still condescending. I have experience with this game and I know what I'm doing and why.

That being said, what I meant when I said I was looking forward to your analysis was that I was looking forward to seeing what you're getting from your line of questioning, and how you interpret the responses that you're given.
    Fair enough, you can be assured I have gained, and expect I will get, things out of them.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Vote: seireikhaan

I want to see how cranky he'll get.
    Csargo used taunt! It's a critical hit!
    seireikhaan's anger point activated!

Back in my day we didn't have fancy schmancy things like "role reveals" or "information". We voted for people because they ate spicy meatballs and liked it! Nowadays everyone wants to push and shove and pull and prostrate. All you need to solve mafia is your gut and your heart and the Truth!

Vote: Novice for being on my lawn.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

i like sooh as town, from the way she's getting involved in the discussion/argument/whatever

slight v lean on novice as well, perhaps gh too

I get the feeling you're in teacher mode and it's unintentionally condescending. It's still condescending. I have experience with this game and I know what I'm doing and why.

Fair enough, you can be assured I have gained, and expect I will get, things out of them.
    By all means. It couldn't have just been a compliment of your style and a town lean.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I sense that novice is posting from his Pokédex.
    Poisonous snakes are only a problem to people planning to eat them.
    What do you think Pokeymans eat out in the wild?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

By all means. It couldn't have just been a compliment of your style and a town lean.
    People read things differently from different positions, like you said. All I'm saying is that it can be read like that and I'd assure you others would have that interpretation too.

People read things differently from different positions, like you said. All I'm saying is that it can be read like that and I'd assure you others would have that interpretation too.
    Well it probably won't be a very nice game if you want to interpret everything the worst way possible.

If I sound "teachery" or condescending, that's not the intention. I've never had that problem before with people interpreting me that way, but since you do I assume there could be something lost in translation.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

All right, maybe we should all enjoy the game and quietly backstab everybody else during the night phase?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

To elaborate, either you're filling the thread with stuff you deem pointless, or you were shading me when you called it pointless.
    Alignment question was pointless. Leads nowhere. Everything else I'll humor.

Related question mainly out of curiosity: If you think you have one wolf caught, do you go for the throat right away even if it gets you killed, or wait and try to find/case more suspects/catch other wolves before you charge?

And why does this sound like a long way to say "I believe in basic active town tactics?" Sounds like you're lecturing, why?

(Also, which gens have you played and which is your favorite? favorite 'mon from each gen/overall?)
    I was ranting. About the game last year with Golden. Where I tunneled because he scared of dying. Out of my system. For now.

I like going for the wolf when I see it, damn the consequences. But I also tend to self doubt and wait till sure. The wait and team theory build is impressive. But takes a more confident analyst than me. First blood helps that anyway with a solid evidence. Do you actually want me to share the gen thing? I can, but it'd be spammy. But it's been awhile and want to socialize.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    So, my first thought was that novice is a bit scummy for pushing the "everyone needs to give me your own descriptions of your playstyles" thing just a bit too hard, especially as he's been on this forum before and I don't recall him doing it when he was truly new (and town) to boot. There's a couple posts in there about ideal town strategy, etc, but that's pretty easy to fake as scum.

Sooh and Viper probably not aligned.

Vote: novice
    Novice seems too easy. His stop having fun guy style bristles, but neutral alignment-wise. Don't like seeing him die day 1 as yet.

Threads pretty unbalanced activity wise. Not sure what to make of that. I like Viper better than Sooh currently.

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    I sense that novice is posting from his Pokédex.

What do you think Pokeymans eat out in the wild?
    Other pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Raith Kemmler View Post

I like going for the wolf when I see it, damn the consequences. But I also tend to self doubt and wait till sure. The wait and team theory build is impressive. But takes a more confident analyst than me. First blood helps that anyway with a solid evidence. Do you actually want me to share the gen thing? I can, but it'd be spammy. But it's been awhile and want to socialize.
    I like this, town always could use someone itching to go for the throat but also willing to take some time to think about things.
    And nah, that was meant as a little side comment back when the game was just starting, I think it's too far along now to go that far off-topic.

Speaking of game relevance, what do you think of GH and Barto?

I've got nothing on Bart. Never do Day 1. Shoot in midgame if no wolves caught. Maybe shoot anyway. Bart's more a, he looks hairy if paired with other people. People I've a better read on. He's easier to theory around.

GH's rational is weak, but! I assumed this was novice's first game here. Apparently not. Would like a summary of previous game meta. Novice is so active this might actually help. I rate GH as a bit shady.

Moving. How fun.

Good to see you though.
    Yeah moving sucks, but I bought a house, my first, so it is well worth it!

Page 4 of 61 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast