Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061
Results 1,801 to 1,819 of 1819

Thread: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: Pokemon Nuzlocke FireRed Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    GeneralHankerchief - Likely town. Spew looks good for him. Plus he looks town and I don't buy any of the arguments that have been used against him.

Member thankful for this post:

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Zack, who did you block with your 1x ability that you didn't tell the town about? Was it during the night you died?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    Zack, who did you block with your 1x ability that you didn't tell the town about? Was it during the night you died?
    I used it on Jabbz the night I died, though I came pretty close to switching to Manasi (though it wouldn't have mattered). Choxorn didn't use any actions.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Tally as of post 1758

All the above is quite the proof that you can play mafia meaningfully while using complete sentences, proper spelling and punctuation, and that you can have fun while doing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hi.

Love u guys.
    I told you I didn't regret poisoning you, didn't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    I'm not beating myself up about it, but I would be if I was the swing vote that lost us the game.
    Champ did not try or care at all at any point in this game that I could tell. You at least tried, even if it was sometimes frustrating to watch.
    +1.

I find myself giving +1s to Zack too often. You should return to CFC, man -we have implemented likes for some stupid reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    This is probably the first game where I've felt "at home" here at the org.
    Well, finally!
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

I used it on Jabbz the night I died, though I came pretty close to switching to Manasi (though it wouldn't have mattered). Choxorn didn't use any actions.
    Called it. However, it was GH killing unopposed, not novice. /sadface

My ideal game would have been for the self-protectors to out themselves and chain up to confound the Mafia kill. Eventually the Mafia have to try to kill them, but the possibility of hitting one of the protections is devastating to Mafia morale and strategy.

By the grace of Rand do Mafia live! Oh well...
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just read the deadchat, two quick comments:

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency in deadchat
    I more-or-less randomly vigged novice because I figured I had enough capital to lynch GH, and didn't feel like trying Sooh, Barto, or Manasi.
    I feel like this mindset in general isn't optimal town play, weighing capital to lynch a person etc etc etc. If you're town, and you have a chance to kill your biggest scumread, you take that chance. Formulate a list of who you think will flip red and do whatever you can (while obviously always continuously evaluating and revising your reads as new information comes in) to see that those people do flip. Mafia is a complicated enough game as it is, don't overthink this part. Leave the overthinking to the people who roll scum.

Quote Originally Posted by ATPG in deadchat
    Town just not in a mechanical solving mode, and the scums have no interest in calling a spade a spade and admitting manasi is caught dead to rights. No bus, no mechanical solve from town, gg.
    The thing that worried me most in the entire game was the fact that, aside from one sort-of pointed question towards her on D2, I didn't reference the Manasi poisoning. At all. I knew that if somebody picked up on that, we were dead, but two things stopped me from doing this: First, I wasn't sure what to say. I could have pushed her, but there were always more pressing concerns to deal with with my limited time in the thread. Second, I wasn't particularly concerned with hiding in this game. I was more concerned with killing.

This ultimately led to the Final 6 situation where novice, Jabbz, and I think Logic all commented on the Manasi situation at various points during the day and she looked like a sure lynch. I was internally debating back and forth all day whether to keep pushing Logic or to bus, and then Jabbz left me an opening (the "slip") which I decided to go for. Even then it wasn't a sure thing, but by that point in the game I was basically mentally exhausted and decided " it, I'm ending this game now" and made my big post against Jabbz.

I hope he didn't take it too hard and I welcome the opportunity to chat with him, either here or in private.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-10-2017 at 04:40.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I felt this game was somewhat townsided, but we ended up making few mistakes and got lucky in a lot of ways. I'm not sure if khaan as the day one lynch was good or bad for us, but it definitely removed a potential threat immediately, so I'd lean it was good for our team. Our kills never failed, with the exception of Zack , so we got lucky there as well. The townies immune to earthquake were all lynched, so again lucky break for us in that regard I think. That said I still think the individual play of my teammates was fantastic, and they both were excellent teammates. The only mistake we made was probably should have killed Zack when we killed BSmith, since Zack was never going to get lynched. Or just gave up on GH's special protection the next night, and let him do the kill.

As far as my own game, I came in with a similar mindset to GH's described style. I wasn't really bothered by being on mislynch wagons, I think I was on all of them except Raith iirc. I voted people I probably would have as town, with the exception of SV, for decent reasons. I'll let other's judge my play, because I'm honestly not sure how to analyze myself fairly. I feel like I could have done a better job reacting to Zack's claim, but I'm not sure what that would have been. I think I at least did a decent job of ruining the discussion that day somewhat.
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Well, i just meant stuff like always listing her wolf partners as her town circle and never voicing any suspicion of them.

Personally my method of reading manasi is hoping one of us dies before i have to make an actual decision on the matter.
    Despite how much I do prefer playing on this site, I find it really REALLY hard to stay motivated and focused with the long phases.

Maybe it was a shit situation life-wise but I really couldn't get into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I felt this game was somewhat townsided, but we ended up making few mistakes and got lucky in a lot of ways. I'm not sure if khaan as the day one lynch was good or bad for us, but it definitely removed a potential threat immediately, so I'd lean it was good for our team. Our kills never failed, with the exception of Zack , so we got lucky there as well. The townies immune to earthquake were all lynched, so again lucky break for us in that regard I think. That said I still think the individual play of my teammates was fantastic, and they both were excellent teammates. The only mistake we made was probably should have killed Zack when we killed BSmith, since Zack was never going to get lynched. Or just gave up on GH's special protection the next night, and let him do the kill.

As far as my own game, I came in with a similar mindset to GH's described style. I wasn't really bothered by being on mislynch wagons, I think I was on all of them except Raith iirc. I voted people I probably would have as town, with the exception of SV, for decent reasons. I'll let other's judge my play, because I'm honestly not sure how to analyze myself fairly. I feel like I could have done a better job reacting to Zack's claim, but I'm not sure what that would have been. I think I at least did a decent job of ruining the discussion that day somewhat.
    I thought your auto vote was pretty wolfy.

Despite how much I do prefer playing on this site, I find it really REALLY hard to stay motivated and focused with the long phases.

Maybe it was a shit situation life-wise but I really couldn't get into the game.
    I don't mind too much but it's what I grew up with. The 24 hour nights are kinda rough though.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

I thought your auto vote was pretty wolfy.
    Was that not just because you thought I was trying to protect Monty? Honestly, I'm like 80% sure I would have made that vote as town, because I just don't agree with the reasoning he used to justify voting outside of both(?) his scumreads at the time to vote a null-lurker in BSmith. Maybe you're right though, I'm not sure.

Was that not just because you thought I was trying to protect Monty? Honestly, I'm like 80% sure I would have made that vote as town, because I just don't agree with the reasoning he used to justify voting outside of both(?) his scumreads at the time to vote a null-lurker in BSmith. Maybe you're right though, I'm not sure.
    Partially, but I thought it was a weird thing to bring up and feel so apparently strongly about, especially so long after it happened. Seemed like latching onto a reason to push an easy lurker mislynch. I mean, I asked him about it, noted it was a bit weird, thought it was bizarre for that to catapult him into "must lynch right now" territory by itself.

I don't mind too much but it's what I grew up with. The 24 hour nights are kinda rough though.
    Yeah I duno.

GH talked to me about the game earlier this afternoon and I legitimately thought it was a night phase.

Dunno.

I like the pace only bc I don't have to be ITT all the time, but feel like it's unrealistic to be like OK I LIKE HOW SLOW THIS IS BUT ALSO PLS BE IN THE THREAD WHEN I AM

/shrug

Partially, but I thought it was a weird thing to bring up and feel so apparently strongly about, especially so long after it happened. Seemed like latching onto a reason to push an easy lurker mislynch. I mean, I asked him about it, noted it was a bit weird, thought it was bizarre for that to catapult him into "must lynch right now" territory by itself.
    I honestly didn't expect it to turn into anything, but SV sheeped me and Monty self-pres voted him. I thought Monty was going to be the lynch that day, and there was no way I could vote Monty, because I had been calling him town for basically the entire game. I was intending my vote to be a one off, but it didn't end up that way.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

I only had that role for a night or two, IIRC, and didn't really have any good suspects to use them on yet.

El Barto, who were you roleplaying?

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

You could always play two of these games at the same time. If one's in a night phase while the other's on a day phase you get enough of a daily dose to survive.

Also, no hard feelings. But I did think you were scummy.
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    El Barto, who were you roleplaying?
    Mostly Jack Donaghy (nobody got all the references to my mistaking people for Liz and Tracy?) with a side of the Fez (I said good day).
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It was good for you guys. Well, at least that the *result* was my lynch. I was murdering the bejeezus out of GH for that day 1 case if I had survived. I'd say I was shocked and appalled that I actually got lynched for not role playing on day 1 but.... well, it's day 1. C'est la vie.

Anyways, neverlucky rubberducky. Bulby always getting the short end of the leek. Thanks to Pizza for hosting. Nice writeups, as always.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 06-10-2017 at 20:53.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by seireikhaan View Post
    It was good for you guys. Well, at least that the *result* was my lynch. I was murdering the bejeezus out of GH for that day 1 case if I had survived. I'd say I was shocked and appalled that I actually got lynched for not role playing on day 1 but.... well, it's day 1. C'est la vie.

Anyways, neverlucky rubberducky. Bulby always getting the short end of the leek. Thanks to Pizza for hosting. Nice writeups, as always.
    I kinda figured that would be the case, so I thought it was good for us. I left my vote on you because you were in between in all honesty, so I thought something was up. Had you gone full character or full ooc I probably would have moved my vote, but you never did.

Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 11515758596061