Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2226

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

I'll have more of a thought on whether there are 3rd parties after tonight. Since novice died last night, it's possible that there's no more XCOM and Zack won't tell us if we've wiped them out.
    My game on Civfanatics could use a few more!: MNOTW XVII: The Cursed Blade!

what's it to ya? Member Ampharos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by autolycus View Post
    I'll have more of a thought on whether there are 3rd parties after tonight. Since novice died last night, it's possible that there's no more XCOM and Zack won't tell us if we've wiped them out.
    this seems unlikely

i've read part of the game but i'm about to fall asleep. will catch up more tomorrow

btw cuth i hear you're locktown

supplemental explanation from a person i know would be wonderful thanks

i lied, didn't go to bed quite yet

instead i read over barto's vote analysis

need to read over these EoDs to see how they actually developed but solely off where their votes landed i want to tentatively clear csargo

el barto's EoD2 vote also a good look

fredwood's d2 timing stands out as almost comical and i simultaneously really want to think that four mafia members consecutively voted to save a teammate and really don't want to believe they'd try that

i disagree with barto in that i think winston staying offwagon d2 is nagl but i need to read to see the specifics

auto's hard to read off vote patterns. minor towncred for being an early manasi voter but, again, need to read.

the only one of those i'm anywhere near confident on is csargo, with the barto read maybe being close to being close to confident

@Zack : Would we be informed if we'd eliminated XCOM?

~ Do not ask me any questions in the game thread, I will ignore them. Whether it is a genuine question, an attempt to angleshoot yourself clear or derpclear yourself, I don't give a shit, don't do it. Ask me in private and I will answer publicly or privately as appropriate.
    walrein, claimed a role that nobody else has cced and have backed it up with publicly outed results, led one almost-lynch on scum that'd have been a lynch if it weren't for the other scum wagon

i

am now wondering

though

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

given that pizza was lolmelolmelolme listing three wolfreads that were all wolves

what's the chance that when he's a big wagon they say oh let's just let our partner get lynched

i am wondering wondering wondering

Doh. Zack's going to smack me in the face.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    walrein, claimed a role that nobody else has cced and have backed it up with publicly outed results, led one almost-lynch on scum that'd have been a lynch if it weren't for the other scum wagon

i

am now wondering

though
    I don't understand what this is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Q: Would I reveal if XCOM was eliminated?

A: Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    I don't understand what this is?
    walrein asked why i was clear

second bit is unrelated, has to do with what i said in subsequent post

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    given that pizza was lolmelolmelolme listing three wolfreads that were all wolves

what's the chance that when he's a big wagon they say oh let's just let our partner get lynched

i am wondering wondering wondering
    I dont understand the insinuation in this post. Isn't pizza long dead?

town-scum based pretty much purely on votecounts + feelings:
    cuth (lock)
    csargo
    barto
    fred
    auto
    winston

fred and auto probably interchangeable

Quote Originally Posted by Walrein View Post
    i lied, didn't go to bed quite yet

instead i read over barto's vote analysis

need to read over these EoDs to see how they actually developed but solely off where their votes landed i want to tentatively clear csargo

el barto's EoD2 vote also a good look

fredwood's d2 timing stands out as almost comical and i simultaneously really want to think that four mafia members consecutively voted to save a teammate and really don't want to believe they'd try that

i disagree with barto in that i think winston staying offwagon d2 is nagl but i need to read to see the specifics

auto's hard to read off vote patterns. minor towncred for being an early manasi voter but, again, need to read.

the only one of those i'm anywhere near confident on is csargo, with the barto read maybe being close to being close to confident
    What do you mean comical? Comical if I was scum?

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    What do you mean comical? Comical if I was scum?
    comical either way

if you're town your vote was entirely surrounded by wolves scrambling to save their buddy, and you're just caught in the crossfire

if you're mafia your vote was one of said scrambling wolves

idk maybe the mental image is only amusing to me

It would be my impression that if scum wanted to dogpile on one guy to get rid of early it would be Pizza I mean he did gift wrap 3 scum on day 2. I also had a really long back and forth with him early in the phase and previous night phase. I was just kind of waiting to see if I changed my mind on my novice town read. I didn't like either lynch that day I thought there was a very good possibility that it was V/V and my only other scum read at that point was Bart which I wasn't going to pursue after the way day 1 went down.

It's funny now looking back I'm surrounded by scum.

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    Official Tally as of #1320

----

Day 2 ends in:

----

4 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, BSmith, Fredwood)
    4 Manasi (Sooh, novice, Winston Hughes, crimson_snow)
    4 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, El Barto)

1 Csargo (GeneralHankerchief)
    1 El Barto (Csargo)
    1 Sooh (Manasi)

----

Not Voting: n/a

Not Posting: autolycus

----

If you notice anything wrong, PM me.

----

Reminder: ties broken by RNG.
    oh this is interesting

there may be something here

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    Hi to you as well. Are you mafia?
    noticed i forgot to reply to this

nah son

did some reading

revising my list order:
    Cuth
    Csargo
    Barto
    Fredwood
    Winston
    auto

auto's tree stump claim seems odd and definitely makes sense if he's scum with some sort of poison immunity - and either way, leaving him alive in LYLO is never the correct option

seems safest to just flip that slot via lynch

csargo/barto/cuth i'm probably never looking at until a LYLO-type situation

fred seems townier than winston based on contributions but it's in no way set in stone

are nights always this quiet?

tfw scumreading people based on "who's the least towny" 2k posts into the game

nice work, walrein

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

You only lynch Cuth if you think he's 3rd party, which doesn't really fit here I don't think.

You only lynch Cuth if you think he's 3rd party, which doesn't really fit here I don't think.
    yeah, that was the unstated implication

cuth being 3rd party is like my super ultra mega hyper last resort tinfoil, should it come to that

yeah, that was the unstated implication

cuth being 3rd party is like my super ultra mega hyper last resort tinfoil, should it come to that
    I don't even think it's possible he's third party tbh. It just doesn't fit very well from what we know so far. He would have to be hostile 3rd party with the poison ability I would think, and we know, according to Zack, there's still one scum left. It doesn't really fit imo, unless you guys see it differently.

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I dont understand the insinuation in this post. Isn't pizza long dead?
    Twice, as a matter of fact. And without being a replacement for an inactive player. The man insists on breaking records.
    noticed i forgot to reply to this

nah son
    It's a bit like US immigration officials asking a man with a bomb in his hands whether he is a terrorist or not, but it never hurts to ask.
    did some reading

revising my list order:
    Cuth
    Csargo
    Barto
    Fredwood
    Winston
    auto

auto's tree stump claim seems odd and definitely makes sense if he's scum with some sort of poison immunity - and either way, leaving him alive in LYLO is never the correct option

seems safest to just flip that slot via lynch

csargo/barto/cuth i'm probably never looking at until a LYLO-type situation

fred seems townier than winston based on contributions but it's in no way set in stone

are nights always this quiet?
    Solving auto… well, I think he's town so I'm trying to solve beyond that. It's Fred/Winston/your slot, of course.

And no, some nights have been decidedly less quiet, but we are down to fewer than half the players.

Where is Winston?
    I don't even think it's possible he's third party tbh. It just doesn't fit very well from what we know so far. He would have to be hostile 3rd party with the poison ability I would think, and we know, according to Zack, there's still one scum left. It doesn't really fit imo, unless you guys see it differently.
    How many factions are there in the original game again? It's always X-COM v. the aliens.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

I cannot help but revisit those fateful events in D2 in which the scum showed their hand.
    In my own #2019 I quote atpg as having identified three mafiosi halfway through Day Two. It is my belief that the mafia simply went all out to have a waggon there. They were already exposing themselves and knew that atpg had them in his sights and would worry them like a bone.

It was only a last-minute change of vote by crimson_snow that forced them to expose themselves:

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    6 Askthepizzaguy (Cuthillius, Dp101, BSmith, Fredwood, novice, Manasi)
    6 novice (Askthepizzaguy, Logic, Montmorency, El Barto, Csargo, crimson_snow)

2 Manasi (Sooh, Winston Hughes)

1 Csargo (GeneralHankerchief)

not voting: Autolycus

note: tally edited by me, El Barto
    It really makes sense that the fourth mafioso is also part of the askthepizzaguy bandwaggon.
    I still maintain that we must lynch the Fredwood and Dp101 slots in our two remaining phases, and it is almost assured that we will win. In case I am killed tonight, let this be my final testimony.

I do not believe in the existence of any third-party faction. The original game is human vs. aliens.

Winston, get back here! Cuth, Csargo, assemble and give some reads before the night is over and we're another player down.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Twice, as a matter of fact. And without being a replacement for an inactive player. The man insists on breaking records.

It's a bit like US immigration officials asking a man with a bomb in his hands whether he is a terrorist or not, but it never hurts to ask.

Solving auto… well, I think he's town so I'm trying to solve beyond that. It's Fred/Winston/your slot, of course.

And no, some nights have been decidedly less quiet, but we are down to fewer than half the players.

Where is Winston?

How many factions are there in the original game again? It's always X-COM v. the aliens.
    The only thing that could be considered 3rd party in Xcom 2 is Shen's Rogue AI. Otherwise it's X-Com v Aliens

I cannot help but revisit those fateful events in D2 in which the scum showed their hand.
    In my own #2019 I quote atpg as having identified three mafiosi halfway through Day Two. It is my belief that the mafia simply went all out to have a waggon there. They were already exposing themselves and knew that atpg had them in his sights and would worry them like a bone.

It was only a last-minute change of vote by crimson_snow that forced them to expose themselves:

It really makes sense that the fourth mafioso is also part of the askthepizzaguy bandwaggon.
    I still maintain that we must lynch the Fredwood and Dp101 slots in our two remaining phases, and it is almost assured that we will win. In case I am killed tonight, let this be my final testimony.

I do not believe in the existence of any third-party faction. The original game is human vs. aliens.

Winston, get back here! Cuth, Csargo, assemble and give some reads before the night is over and we're another player down.
    I just want to lynch the artist formerly known as Dp101 @El Barto. Most likely it's Fredwood/Walrein, the only other possibilities are Winston/auto not being around to vote ATPG, which I don't even remember if WH posted anywhere near that EoD. I don't think WH is all that scummy though from his posts, but he's skilled, so who knows. My PoE would be Walrein, Fredwood, auto most likely. I'd prefer auto sooner, but like I said, it seems likely that 1 of the 2 is scum.

Night is over, don't post.

End of Night 5.

Cuth's body was found in the morning. And what a hot body it was.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Cuth was a Viper!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    He was town!

-------

It is now Day Six.

Day 6 ends in:

-------

Living Players: 6

@autolycus
    @Csargo
    @El Barto
    @Fredwood
    @Walrein
    @Winston Hughes

------

Dead Players: 11

Jowy - Faceless
    crimson_snow - Muton
    Askthepizzaguy - Sectoid
    GeneralHankerchief - Sectoid
    Manasi - Grenadier
    Sooh - ADVENT Trooper
    BSmith - Psi Operative
    Montmorency - ADVENT Shieldbearer
    novice - Sharpshooter
    Logic - ADVENT Trooper
    Cuth - Viper
    Last edited by Zack; 07-08-2017 at 02:13.

Page 69 of 75 FirstFirst ... 1959656667686970717273 ... LastLast