Thread: Canada's budding Theocracy?

Default Canada's budding Theocracy?

The Canadian NDP elected Jagmeet Singh as party leader.
    Polite, well spoken and a man who does not stray far from the party line on economics and social justice he could be a winner.
    His election makes Justin Trudeau the [B]oldest[B] person leading a party in Canada.
    No doubt there will be the usual wingnuts decrying the coming of Shariah law (completely misguided) but it must be noted, Mr. Singh does not wear his religious beliefs on his sleeve
    Ja-mata TosaInu

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Default Re: Canada's budding Theocracy?

Quote Originally Posted by HopAlongBunny View Post
    The Canadian NDP elected Jagmeet Singh as party leader.
    Polite, well spoken and a man who does not stray far from the party line on economics and social justice he could be a winner.
    His election makes Justin Trudeau the [B]oldest[B] person leading a party in Canada.
    No doubt there will be the usual wingnuts decrying the coming of Shariah law (completely misguided) but it must be noted, Mr. Singh does not wear his religious beliefs on his sleeve
    VERY misguided. The chap is a Sikh. Moreover, his policy efforts have been anything BUT inclined towards Sharia. Cannot people do a quick googling of this fellow before frothing at the mouth?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Moved to Backroom.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

He is a Sikh, since when do they have Shariah?

Did Islam already conquer all of Sikhism?!?!?!?!
    Last edited by Husar; 10-04-2017 at 03:00.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    He is a Sikh, since when do they have Shariah?

Did Islam already conquer all of Skhism?!?!?!?!
    There is a certain video where he gets heckled for being Muslim, despite him calmly explaining he isn't and wishing that person a good day.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    There is a certain video where he gets heckled for being Muslim, despite him calmly explaining he isn't and wishing that person a good day.
    Well, I suppose that indicates that Churchill's comment on the average voter applies to my Northern neighbors as well. Sheesh.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Members thankful for this post (2):

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Well, I suppose that indicates that Churchill's comment on the average voter applies to my Northern neighbors as well. Sheesh.
    You can thank Steven Harper and his literal years of Islamophobic rhetoric for that.

After some googling: https://www.thestar.com/news/insight...rejudices.html
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Member thankful for this post: