Thread: Hello!

Thumbs up Hello!

Hey everyone, long time total war fan here. I first discovered the "game" on the history channel in days of old where they were using it as a freaking battle simulator for ancient warfare and I was like man that game looks awesome... Then Rome Total War comes out and I discover it and buy it. It has been a hell of a ride. I thought my ride ended recently, After Rome, MW2, Empire, Shogun 2, Napoleon and then semi recently Attila I had decided my ride with CA and Total War had come to a end. I did not buy or support Rome 2 and I am not interested in Warhammer.

Anyways, I have been on steam 14 years and repurchased all my total war games that I had boxes for back in the day and I had decided to try Rome Total War again. I posted on the steam forums asking about the mod scene (I didn't know about it back then when I first got Rome Total War) so I had no idea if anything redefined the game or had become mandatory (I have been running Darthmod religiously for Empire and Napoleon and Radious among others for Attila) so im not completely clueless but i'm pretty close ;)... But I digress, someone responds to my post and tells me me one thing... Europa Barbarorum... I immediately hit google and read up on the wiki OMG. HOW DID I MISS THIS.... After reading everything about it I came away immediately impressed I go to the website and I catch up on what Europa Barbarorum II.. I was a couple hours into a Rome campaign that I immediately stopped. I decide to get Europa Barbarorum because instantly Rome became a Hollywood arcade game compared to your mod... I felt like the game that was supposed to be had just emerged and i'm like fantastic lets do this.. I read some more and realize what your doing on the MW2-Kingdoms platform and I decide to reinstall mw2 and go with EB 2 instead... I realize its not finished yet but I am very excited to get involved so here I am. Unfortunately i'm pretty sure the path I used for installation is wrong so Im going to head to your technical forum and try to figure out whats wrong so I can get this thing fired up and lose myself back in some real total war. What I feel like may be the most fun one yet... Just from reading your forums and seeing the teams responses to people is amazing... The level of knowledge and history already makes me feel like everything I know is wrong... Half the factions in the game I don't recognize and had already started googling and wikiing the things I am seeing and your installation user agreement made me crack up cause it was already true and I haven't even started your game yet... I am learning history...

Member thankful for this post:

Default Late to the party!!

Hey everyone, long time total war fan here. I first discovered the "game" on the history channel in days of old where they were using it as a freaking battle simulator for ancient warfare and I was like man that game looks awesome... Then Rome Total War comes out and I discover it and buy it. It has been a hell of a ride. I thought my ride ended recently, After Rome, MW2, Empire, Shogun 2, Napoleon and then semi recently Attila I had decided my ride with CA and Total War had come to a end. I did not buy or support Rome 2 and I am not interested in Warhammer.

Anyways, I have been on steam 14 years and repurchased all my total war games that I had boxes for back in the day and I had decided to try Rome Total War again. I posted on the steam forums asking about the mod scene (I didn't know about it back then when I first got Rome Total War) so I had no idea if anything redefined the game or had become mandatory (I have been running Darthmod religiously for Empire and Napoleon and Radious among others for Attila) so im not completely clueless but i'm pretty close ;)... But I digress, someone responds to my post and tells me me one thing... Europa Barbarorum... I immediately hit google and read up on the wiki OMG. HOW DID I MISS THIS.... After reading everything about it I came away immediately impressed I go to the website and I catch up on what Europa Barbarorum II.. I was a couple hours into a Rome campaign that I immediately stopped. I decide to get Europa Barbarorum because instantly Rome became a Hollywood arcade game compared to your mod... I felt like the game that was supposed to be had just emerged and i'm like fantastic lets do this.. I read some more and realize what your doing on the MW2-Kingdoms platform and I decide to reinstall mw2 and go with EB 2 instead... I realize its not finished yet but I am very excited to get involved so here I am. Unfortunately i'm pretty sure the path I used for installation is wrong so Im going to head to your technical forum and try to figure out whats wrong so I can get this thing fired up and lose myself back in some real total war. What I feel like may be the most fun one yet... Just from reading your forums and seeing the teams responses to people is amazing... The level of knowledge and history already makes me feel like everything I know is wrong... Half the factions in the game I don't recognize and had already started googling and wikiing the things I am seeing and your installation user agreement made me crack up cause it was already true and I haven't even started your game yet... I am learning history...

Default Late to the party!!

Thumbs up Late to the party!!

Anyways, I have been on steam 14 years and repurchased all my total war games that I had boxes for back in the day and I had decided to try Rome Total War again. I posted on the steam forums asking about the mod scene (I didn't know about it back then when I first got Rome Total War) so I had no idea if anything redefined the game or had become mandatory (I have been running Darthmod religiously for Empire and Napoleon and Radious among others for Attila) so im not completely clueless but i'm pretty close ;)... But I digress, someone responds to my post and tells me one thing... Europa Barbarorum... I immediately hit google and read up on the wiki OMG. HOW DID I MISS THIS.... After reading everything about it I came away immediately impressed I go to the website and I catch up on what Europa Barbarorum II.. I was a couple hours into a Rome campaign that I immediately stopped. I decide to get Europa Barbarorum because instantly Rome became a Hollywood arcade game compared to your mod... I felt like the game that was supposed to be had just emerged and i'm like fantastic lets do this.. I read some more and realize what your doing on the MW2-Kingdoms platform and I decide to reinstall mw2 and go with EB 2 instead... I realize its not finished yet but I am very excited to get involved so here I am. Having missed the first one and being able to hopefully catch the second one has me excited for Total War again for the first time in a very long time.

Default Re: Late to the party!!

Looks like all your attempted posts went through after all.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Member thankful for this post:

Colonel In Chief Member PROVOST's Avatar

Default Re: Late to the party!!

You can build a throne with bayonets, but you can't sit on it for long. -Boris Yeltsin

мыслете наш он покой