Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Feminism out of control?

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Feminism out of control?

It's getting a bit much lately, everything seems to be sexual-harassment, all the while women are very aware of their sexuality and are not afraid to use it. I am getting a bit tired, not just of whining women but also of gender-politics and social-justice warriors and nore gender-types than additions in my food.

I am ashamed to say that I was born as a white heterosexual man and always stayed that way. Should I???? What do you want from me ffs.

Should be enough for topic.

Default Re: Feminism out of control?

Is it the "Me too" campaign, or whats bothering you?
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Is it the "Me too" campaign, or whats bothering you?
    Too much whining in general is bothering me, yeah #metoo me as well. We need a white herero-sexual men's manifest we are under siege by whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    I am ashamed to say that I was born as a white heterosexual man and always stayed that way.
    It's never too late to try something else. Start with the skin color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

I remember a Fragony who said when people are bullied, they should stand up to the bully to stop him.
    These women are doing that and now they're whiners?

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    I remember a Fragony who said when people are bullied, they should stand up to the bully to stop him.
    Do you believe people whine only when they are bullied?

Of course they should, it's just going too far. Not just this #metoo nonsense but everything. Everybody wants a slice of the victim-pie. Feminists even get worked up about the colors pink and blue, half the population obvious discriminated even before born. Blacks about black chocolate, what should we call it otherwise. I hear 'white priviliged'everywhere. Fuck off. All they achieve is that people like me who always behaves nicely get annoyed. I am a #meetoo by their standards and I am perfectly harmless. Can I be worked up about something please

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Do you believe people whine only when they are bullied?
    What? No...

Of course they should, it's just going too far. Not just this #metoo nonsense but everything. Everybody wants a slice of the victim-pie. Feminists even get worked up about the colors pink and blue, half the population obvious discriminated even before born. Blacks about black chocolate, what should we call it otherwise. I hear 'white priviliged'everywhere. Fuck off. All they achieve is that people like me who always behaves nicely get annoyed. I am a #meetoo by their standards and I am perfectly harmless. Can I be worked up about something please
    A lot of the things you mentioned can easily be ignored by not reading every leftist article about them. I personally don't care what genders people want to have, but I'm not going to memorize every potential spectrum either way. I don't think giving someone you don't know a wrong label is insulting as long as the label isn't used for slander or discrimination. If someone looks male to me but it identifies as a snail, I didn't insult them and it doesn't warrant any reeducation either. It is not directly related to feminism either way.
    The #metoo thing does appear relevant to me though, even if some of them may interprete handshakes as sexual harassment. I doubt the ones overdoing it are many, their number is probably exaggerated by male whiners who want to continue groping women (not you, in general). People loke Roosh V are whiners, but I mostly ignore them, too. The thing with women is that not all of them want the same things, just like not all men are sexual predators (want the same things). None of it justifies jerking off while blocking the door...

What? No...

A lot of the things you mentioned can easily be ignored by not reading every leftist article about them. I personally don't care what genders people want to have, but I'm not going to memorize every potential spectrum either way. I don't think giving someone you don't know a wrong label is insulting as long as the label isn't used for slander or discrimination. If someone looks male to me but it identifies as a snail, I didn't insult them and it doesn't warrant any reeducation either. It is not directly related to feminism either way.
    The #metoo thing does appear relevant to me though, even if some of them may interprete handshakes as sexual harassment. I doubt the ones overdoing it are many, their number is probably exaggerated by male whiners who want to continue groping women (not you, in general). People loke Roosh V are whiners, but I mostly ignore them, too. The thing with women is that not all of them want the same things, just like not all men are sexual predators (want the same things). None of it justifies jerking off while blocking the door...
    Well that's kinda it no? You don't care about all that, neither do I. But more and more I'm told I must, and I really don't like to be told what to do. For me they go too far, it starts to upset me.

Well that's kinda it no? You don't care about all that, neither do I. But more and more I'm told I must, and I really don't like to be told what to do. For me they go too far, it starts to upset me.
    So who is telling you that?

So who is telling you that?
    Oh common, these feminists/gender/sjw types are getting increasingly annoying and pushy, impossible to miss it, it's ,ike being in a South-Park episode. I bet there is one

Oh common, these feminists/gender/sjw types are getting increasingly annoying and pushy, impossible to miss it, it's ,ike being in a South-Park episode. I bet there is one
    I have some very leftist friends on Facebook, some of whom post a whole lot of things, but rarely, if ever, anything about gender blending or whatever it's called. Perhaps it is more common if you hang out with artists a lot, I remember at some art event a girl was shouting "I have no gender!" while playing weird games with what seemed to be her boyfriend. Perhaps I hang out with more conservative people than you do?

Why shouldn't they be pushy if people like you are so quick to call them whiners? In your time here, most of what you have posted has been in defense of your personal comfort in not having to consider how a given issue affects people and the world - not just sexism and racism, but EU politics and climate change as well.

Your attitude most generally seems to be, 'If it's bad, it's better not to talk about it; if it's really bad, it must be fake or a conspiracy against my way of life.'

For once, let's try to get to the bottom of your value-set here.

What do you want from me ffs.
    What do you want from yourself to begin with? Try laying it out.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Members thankful for this post (2):

It's very simple what I want, not having to defend myself just because I couldn't care less

It's very simple what I want, not having to defend myself just because I couldn't care less
    If you feel like you behave appropriately in life and have nothing to defend yourself from - then don't defend yourself? Have you considered that maybe you already agree with many of the feminist ideas?

If this is so and you have nothing that needs changing, then public discourse on the matter should hearten you; at least, it shouldn't discourage you.

If you have specific misgivings or disagreements, then you can either just not talk about it - or you can complain about and try to change it. As long as you are already complaining here, then it doesn't cost you to go into more detail...
    Vitiate Man.

Member thankful for this post:

Husar 

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    If you feel like you behave appropriately in life and have nothing to defend yourself from - then don't defend yourself? Have you considered that maybe you already agree with many of the feminist ideas?

If this is so and you have nothing that needs changing, then public discourse on the matter should hearten you; at least, it shouldn't discourage you.

If you have specific misgivings or disagreements, then you can either just not talk about it - or you can complain about and try to change it. As long as you are already complaining here, then it doesn't cost you to go into more detail...
    Of course I already agree with feminsts idea's why wouldn't I? Hence the too in too far. 'I couldn't care less is' not enough anymore, everything needs to be gender-neutral by the new wave. I wasn't kidding earlier, they really get upset at the colors blue and pink at birthdays or gender-reveal party's, that's just one example.

Simply put, feminism used to be about equality, now about neutrality
    Last edited by Fragony; 10-22-2017 at 14:30.

Of course I already agree with feminsts idea's why wouldn't I? Hence the too in too far. 'I couldn't care less is' not enough anymore, everything needs to be gender-neutral by the new wave. I wasn't kidding earlier, they really get upset at the colors blue and pink at birthdays or gender-reveal party's, that's just one example.

Simply put, feminism used to be about equality, now about neutrality
    What do you mean by "gender-neutral"? Is it using certain language, wearing certain clothes, or something else? Why does it bother you?

In your example of color association, is it that someone was surprised or upset at the gendered use of color at some party, or is it that people are pointing out that there's no real reason to associate a color with a gender, and that doing so is part of a framework that can be limiting to children in how they act and are expected to act, as well as how they look? If the former, why is that important to you? Is it someone you know personally? If the latter, do you disagree that the specific blue-pink color associations are relatively-new and arbitrary?

How do you distinguish between "equality" and "neutrality" in your usage?
    Vitiate Man.

Color pink/blue was just an example out of many, a very real one. Neutrality is not accepting that male and females are different I guess, it's not about equality then anymore but about special treatment and pretending. That's too much to ask. You don't have to look at it like that, but I do

edit, that #metoo didn't trigger me but overall whiningness that's too close for comfort, just read up on some opinion-articles, isn't #metoo all about how females 'felt' when interacting with males? Well I have feelings too, and you are not allowed to disagree with me because of that.
    Last edited by Fragony; 10-22-2017 at 15:02.

Couldn't you say that giving girls pink stuff and boys blue stuff is a form of special treatment already?
    Why would it be wrong to change that?

This actually bothered me before when I wanted to buy chocolate with yogurt and strawberry flavor because I really like that. It usually seems to be wrapped in pink and marketed like an item for women, so I felt a bit weird and wondered whether people would think of me as effeminate (not a real man/not worthy or whatever) in the supermarket. Of course I bought it anyway, but it seems like a good example of how these traditional things can actually bother me more than if we did what some liberals want and just discarded these notions of "how boys/girls are supposed to behave".

Or we can argue about whether or not I'm "less of a man" (see how this already applies some arbitrary standard of what makes a "real man" that all men supposedly need to adhere to in order to not be something "lesser"?) because I happen to like yogurt and strawberry flavor.
    Last edited by Husar; 10-22-2017 at 15:00.

Sorry I just hermetically closed myself I just feel that way

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Are you discussing gender-neutral in how language is biased against women and the movement to make it gender-neutral as not to imply a preference? This would be changing statements from "A man's personal right to freedom of expression shall not to be infringed upon" to "A person's personal right to freedom of expression shall not be infringed upon" then there are words such as man-kind, his-story, etc.

Then there are things like the 'worst insult' apparently refers to a woman's vagina. As a heterosexual male, do you dislike a women's vaginas that you use the c-word to insult other people? You really have to question what those people are actually saying sometimes.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Blog Entries

Actually fragony I feel that femenism has lost a lot of it's bite over the last few years, in the anglosphere at least.

It seems to me the extreme variants of identity politics are prone to self discrediting themselves the longer they operate; I point to the failure of DNC chair candidate Sally "Shut up white people" Brown, the reaction to the firing of Google Engineer James Damore, and the decline of marvel comics as examples of the trend of public revulsion towards such ideological extremism.

Personally what really relieves my worries about such ways of thinking is the ever growing list of Soc-Jus advocates who 3 years ago were pinned their flag to the anti-gamer mast and today are known for having self-destructed in rather spectacular fasion. Leland Yee being a particularly cathartic example.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-22-2017 at 15:36.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    then there are words such as man-kind, his-story, etc.
    Isn't mankind just short for humankind and isn't history spelled with just one s and how exactly do they perpetuate anything? Maybe it's because I'm an ESL fool and the German words for them seem neutral, but to me they are descriptive terms and that's it. I did think about mankind before though, but I'm not sure how using these terms is supposed to be bad for women.

The insults seem to be more clear, yes, but they're not just a gender issue since disability and some other things are also used for insults.

Blog Entries

No, history is not derived from his-story, it's just a coincidence of language latched on to by those who want to be seen as cleverer than they actually are, language tricks are a common substitute for profundity in feminist philosophy.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 10-22-2017 at 15:55.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Are you discussing gender-neutral in how language is biased against women and the movement to make it gender-neutral as not to imply a preference? This would be changing statements from "A man's personal right to freedom of expression shall not to be infringed upon" to "A person's personal right to freedom of expression shall not be infringed upon" then there are words such as man-kind, his-story, etc.

Then there are things like the 'worst insult' apparently refers to a woman's vagina. As a heterosexual male, do you dislike a women's vaginas that you use the c-word to insult other people? You really have to question what those people are actually saying sometimes.
    Correct form would be that backwards Indo-European languages are biased against women. Some other more developed languages have no such bias:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53237f430621b28c90ae7e06ac4ef6f6fb297c9006a6480837a8ca172bac0cba_1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	19983
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Husar 

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kagemusha View Post
    Correct form would be that backwards Indo-European languages are biased against women. Some other more developed languages have no such bias:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	53237f430621b28c90ae7e06ac4ef6f6fb297c9006a6480837a8ca172bac0cba_1.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	44.9 KB 
ID:	19983

then there are words such as man-kind, his-story, etc.
    And what is even scarier "woman" comes from "man with a womb". English is so sexist. I advise abandoning it altogether. After all the Brits could Brexit, why others can't do the same about their language?

Maybe it's because I'm an ESL fool and the German words for them seem neutral...
    Oh really? German nouns and adjectives have gender. That is enough to call it gender biased.

All of this was trolling in case someone may get insulted.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    And what is even scarier "woman" comes from "man with a womb". English is so sexist. I advise abandoning it altogether. After all the Brits could Brexit, why others can't do the same about their language?
    In the USA, we punted English quite a while back.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Senior Member Senior Member Idaho's Avatar

Sorry I just hermetically closed myself I just feel that way
    Have you ever sexually assaulted or harassed a female? Have you ever witnessed it and done nothing? No to both? Fine, all good. This campaign isn't directed at you. It's about a large number of men who do those things, as evidenced by countless examples from females across cultures.
    "The republicans will draft your kids, poison the air and water, take away your social security and burn down black churches if elected." Gawain of Orkney

Could have, bit too young for me

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast