Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Feminism out of control?

Default Re: Feminism out of control?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    It's certainly a matter of sexism if you have a special class of behaviors just for 'female romantic interest'. But for now simply ask her what she wants, or how she feels about each issue.
    Just imagine this: every time when occasion comes asking her "Do you want me to hold a door open for you?", "Would you be offended if I helped you on with your coat?", "Should I give you a hand to help you out from the bus?", "Will you be mad if I carry heavy bags for you?". You will make a perfect picture of a very unconfident bore. Or, to avoid asking them every now and then, do you suggest giving her a list of such questions and having her tick the boxes so you should know beforehand what to do in every particular situation?

In Ukraine you don't ask about such things - you do them, otherwise the girl will consider you a boor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    That famous Dutch split doesn't exist irl
    Oh, those Dutch uncles!

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    Oh, those Dutch uncles!
    hey that's just me

That 'going Dutch' always kinda amuses me, reality is that the Dutch really don't go Dutch, you will have a miserable time here if you try. For hilarity, we call that stuff Americans call 'going Dutch' going American here
    Last edited by Fragony; 11-23-2017 at 17:58.

Just imagine this: every time when occasion comes asking her "Do you want me to hold a door open for you?", "Would you be offended if I helped you on with your coat?", "Should I give you a hand to help you out from the bus?", "Will you be mad if I carry heavy bags for you?". You will make a perfect picture of a very unconfident bore. Or, to avoid asking them every now and then, do you suggest giving her a list of such questions and having her tick the boxes so you should know beforehand what to do in every particular situation?

In Ukraine you don't ask about such things - you do them, otherwise the girl will consider you a boor.
    Most of these you don't need to be doing as a general rule, so of course there's no need to ask.

If someone looks like they need help with bags, you should ask. At least notify them that you intend to help. But it can be relationship-dependent, if for example you share a destination or share the bags - so it would make sense for you to carry some.

If a woman thinks you're a boor for this, invite her to revise her expectations.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

And I vividly and painfully recall holding a door open for one lass in the early 80's...and having her step on my instep while asserting "I don't need YOUR help." Ah the joys of the old over-the-top feminist days.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    And I vividly and painfully recall holding a door open for one lass in the early 80's...and having her step on my instep while asserting "I don't need YOUR help." Ah the joys of the old over-the-top feminist days.
    I hold doors for men as well maybe that helps. I would force that chick into a marriage with a fat baron in France for diplomatical reasons geez bye princess bye. What is wrong with good manners I scream

That famous Dutch split doesn't exist irl
    Or you just live on that side of the famous dutch split.

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Inclusive Writing row in France
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-42073148
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    If they're talking about neutralising all the genders in the French nouns, then that would really simplify my French studies if it gets done.
    Last edited by Shaka_Khan; 11-24-2017 at 03:14.
    Wooooo!!!

Member thankful for this post:

Beskar 

Talk about taking things too far. I am really not aprociable for those who insist they aren't radicalised but come up with things like that

Most of these you don't need to be doing as a general rule, so of course there's no need to ask.
    Weren't it you who said
    But for now simply ask her what she wants, or how she feels about each issue.
    If someone looks like they need help with bags, you should ask. At least notify them that you intend to help. But it can be relationship-dependent, if for example you share a destination or share the bags - so it would make sense for you to carry some.
    Not someone - we are discussing helping women. The ones that your are building relationship with.

If a woman thinks you're a boor for this, invite her to revise her expectations.
    ... or move to a different country with different gender expectations.

Now it's about Bible and prayers as well - in different corners of the world.
    http://www.prophecynewswatch.com/art...nt_news_id=973
    https://www.catholic.org.nz/about-us...sive-language/
    Last edited by Gilrandir; 11-26-2017 at 07:03.

Why do people siding with "conservative values" always look like the sleezeballs from 1990s era family movies?
    Requesting suggestions for new sig.

-><- GOGOGO GOGOGO WINLAND WINLAND ALL HAIL TECHNOVIKING!SCHUMACHER!
    WHY AM I NOT BEING PAID FOR THIS???

oh ffs why

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

I hope they don't make Bond a female. There's plenty of good action movies with female leads, why change one franchise just to placate women that aren't even the primary audience.

Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil franchise is plenty good for my fix.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Blog Entries

Things like this makes me take the people who accused May of being Cameron's diversity hire more seriously.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

Quote Originally Posted by spmetla View Post
    I hope they don't make Bond a female. There's plenty of good action movies with female leads, why change one franchise just to placate women that aren't even the primary audience.

Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil franchise is plenty good for my fix.
    Oh these lips, she's quite beautiful. Movies are terrible though

You wouldn't like it even if it were as good as No One Lives Forever?

Other than that it seems typically British, they already wanted to have a female Dr. Who.
    Female Sherolina Holmes is next. It all started when they wanted to have a female king...

Member thankful for this post:

Oh you know how to talk to me I adore No one lives Forever and it's protagonist. They may be fishing from the same pool as Cate and Bond are both very Brittish superspies but James Bond is just a different character

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8117471.html

I wonder how they will figure out if the consent was worded clearly enough. Will they invite linguistic expertise? Anyway, it will be her word against his word in most cases. Who will the judge believe?

It's Sweden, the judge will believe the immigrant that did it, and if it is a Swedish male the woman. Problems can't exist in Sweden they aren't allowed to exist

All Swedes secretly know that what I say is true
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-02-2018 at 10:29.

It's Sweden, the judge will believe the immigrant that did it, and if it is a Swedish male the woman. Problems can't exist in Sweden they aren't allowed to exist

All Swedes secretly know that what I say is true
    The solution should be obvious: Give all immigrants citizenship upon entry.

Quote Originally Posted by Husar View Post
    The solution should be obvious: Give all immigrants citizenship upon entry.
    Entry for all in what exactly, in Sweden or in Swedish women. Ah well they won't mind and shouldn't mind, they run the place after all they shouldn't mind unwanted kilometers on the counter in the first place as they won't recognise where they are comming from because they have leftiist, Leftist isn't something you are it's something you have, especially in Sweden you can see what leftist can do to essential organs, they fail. Ugly dystopia to me but suit yourself Sweden, hoping for some very consentual sex tommorow without saying anything, all fine by me
    Last edited by Fragony; 01-02-2018 at 15:46.

kiss from me

These French are definitely out of fashion:
    http://variety.com/2018/film/news/br...nt-1202667900/

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The brutal reality is that 100 very attractive women go for the same "first in industry" job. 90 refuse initial advances, 9 refuse more than a drink. One screws the brains out of the producer.

Guess which gets the job?

Possibly the same for some male roles but less in power would be interested.

If all women had refused and immediately gone to the police their career(s) would be over of course. But ends for some justify the means.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

Two good articles on the case of Aziz Ansari. What he did may not have been criminal, but "bad sex" and aggressive disregard for women's participation is one of the most prominent symptoms of a culture of misogyny.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ed-opportunity

This will only happen if we move beyond being reactively “sex positive” and recognize that human sexual interactions are not always clearcut: yes or no, good or bad, empowering or not, either assault and worth worrying about or technically consensual and therefore not at a problem.
    https://www.vox.com/first-person/201...or-aziz-ansari

The need for affirmative consent education shouldn’t be taken to imply that perpetrators of sexual violence are just hopelessly confused. Studies show that most rapists are perfectly aware their victims aren’t into what’s happening. And social science has also clearly demonstrated that men (and women!) are perfectly capable of understanding social cues, even ones where someone is saying “no” without using that actual word.

It’s impossible to know for sure what Ansari was thinking on the night in question, but this is a seasoned performer who knows how to read a crowd, and a “relationship expert” to boot. It strains credulity to imagine he truly thought she was excited about what was happening between them. What’s much more likely is that he didn’t care how she felt one way or the other and treated her boundaries as a challenge. Either way, his alleged behavior was dehumanizing.

Teaching affirmative consent does something profound: It shifts the acceptable moral standard for sex, making it much clearer to everyone when someone is violating that standard.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Last edited by a completely inoffensive name; 04-03-2021 at 00:29.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast