Thread: Orange Crush (Maratha Mod)

Default Orange Crush (Maratha Mod)

GREETINGS EMPIRE TOTAL WAR PLAYERS

Are you tired of the Orange Horde destroying your game with unhistorical behavior? Do you wish it would act as it did in the 18th century? I believe I have a solution for you. From the trial lab of Imperial Splendour, I give you the Orange Crush!

This mod changes the way Maratha behavior based on historical facts. The Vanilla game did very little to differentiate one faction from another. As a result, Maratha would behave like a European colonial faction. Its focus as been restored to recapturing "India" from the Mughal Empire. My purpose was not to prevent the possibility of the Maratha from capturing most of "India," but to inhibit its growth to allow European powers to arrive. Also, it prevents Maratha from "exploring" outside of "India" and prevents Maratha from sending predatory armies outside their historical interest.

This is the Beta version of the mod, so they may still be some issues. Please report any problems in this thread.

Latest Version (2 Feb 2015)

DOWNLOAD v.02 BETA
    Changes v0.1 to .02: added Campaign AI Behavior Table.

Previous Version(s)

INSTALLATION
    WARNING: It requires changing the startpos in the "main" campaign folder. Before you make any changes to the startpos, please save the original game startpos.
    1- Unzip file
    2- extract the startpos file to the main campaign folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data\campaigns\main
    3- extract the .pack file to the data folder here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Empire Total War\data
    4- Put the following line in the user.empire_script
    mod "Pike_OC.pack"
    It an be found here: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\The Creative Assembly\Empire\scripts

COMPATIBILITY ISSUES
    >The mod changes the startpos. Any mods that make changes to the startpos will not be compatible
    >The mod changes the campagin_ai_personality_ table and the campaign_ai_personality_junction table. This should not be an issue if you place the mod on top.
    >Starting with 0.2 BETA I will also make changes to the campaign_ai_behavior_table and the campaign_ai_Behavior_junction_table. If this is placed on top of other mods, it should not conflict.

ATTENTION MODDERS
    In the spirit of cooperation and collaboration, please feel free to use my mod in whole or in part. Please give appropriate credit.
    Last edited by PikeStance; 11-21-2017 at 17:04.