Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mapping library project

ok im trying to do a mod from scratch i have everything i need written down on paper its just a matter of converting it all the computer world ( no biggie ) i was wonder if all possible if one of you could make my campaign map or help me do it i have one complete wih the borders terrain and fractions that control the territory just have no clu on how to make it playable on MTW-VI

Hi,
    Unfortunately I am in deep with HTW now I can't really help much. I can guide you though the presses and send you the tools I am using but you will have to do it ... if you would like to have it NOW.

Else you can start your units and then I can come up with the map, but that would be some time in May.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

I was wondering. I'm working on a new map at the moment and was thinking. Do any of u have some basic textures I could use. i.e. mountains. If not. Do u mind if I copy them of ur own maps. Thx.

Hi Myrddraal,
    I basically use satellite images ... look for some old thread from Welly that asked for the links. There is also a large number of map libraries in the net with old maps.

For the rest I have complied a number of maps but I did not have time to complete them in to MTW v2.1 (VI). So I will post a link to down load the needed files.

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to convert a sea zone to a land zone or vice versa? Like if I want to make the English Channel a land zone how could I go about it?

Thanks,
    Clare
    "Ad majoram Dei gloriam"

I was just wondering if anyone has a holy land/outremer map lying around somewhere? :)
    Friendship, Fun & Honour!

"The Prussian army always attacks."
    -Frederick the Great

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Hi folks,

Been searching around trying to figure out how to make Francland a playable region... I got quite excited when I started seeing the above posts by GreasePaintMonkeyBrains and Norseman... Evidently someone found it possible to incorporate Francland, somehow...

I have some experience in adding new factions, units, stuff like that, but no campmap modding experience... would it be relatively easy for me to learn how to do this, or should I just hope some kind person would send me the sort of map I need...

Just curious

Senior Member Senior Member Duke John's Avatar

Lightbulb

Hello CountMRVHS,

There is no easy way if you want to add Francland. First let me explain some technical stuff.

When you open Lukupmap.LBM in Textures\campamp\Vikings you will see all the regions with each of them having an unique color. You will also see Francland entirely purple. For the MTW engine each colour represents a seperate region, but the purple colour is a non-region. You cannot interact with it: you cannot place units there, it's nothing
    The conclusion from this is that you cannot mod Francland into the campaign just by the normal text editing.

But you can give Francland an unique colour and then it will be possible to add Francland. But because I don't know of a program that can save Lukupmap in the LBM format without crashing the game, I strongly discourage painting it yourself.

However there is a program called LMM made by Wellington that you can use to draw the boundaries/origins of the regions and the tool will make a working Lukupmap out of it. I you like to do this then I must warn you that the precise method of doing this is much more difficult and it will cost quite alot of time to understand everything.

So yes, it is possible to add Francland but it is not something for the weak-willed.

Cheers, Duke John

Philosophically Inclined Member CountMRVHS's Avatar

Thanks for the info Duke John; just the straightforward answer I needed I will look around a bit more & see if I can find someone who can send me a readymade map; failing that I'll see if I can work in the time to make the changes myself ... I appreciate the reply

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (1pain1Duck @ April 17 2004,10:37)]I was just wondering if anyone has a holy land/outremer map lying around somewhere? :)
    Working on the asumption that it´s not a finished strat-map you´re looking for I hope this will do 1pain1duck:
    http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/histo...minor_1140.jpg

It comes from this library:
    http://www.lib.utexas.edu/maps/historical/index.html

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Thumbs up

-
    The library is AWESOME Thanks mate.

_
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

CeltiberoRamiroI Member Monkwarrior's Avatar
    Salduie/Caesaraugusta/ Sarakusta/Saragossa

I am working in the Reconquista map.
    Is it interesting for this map-library?
    How can I upload some picture of it?

Hikomninos.First forgive me for edited your China Three Kingdoms map in MTW1.1.I expression my deference to you at here.I edited the startpos file,and i can play in MTW.

But i have a crash in the game,sometimes when i right click the province to see the attribution,then the game crahed to the desktop.I think it's maybe the LUKMAP.IFF and LUKMAP2.IFF files in the \Medieval-totalwar\texture\cammap\ are too large,the LUKMAP.IFF file is 3M,and the LUKMAP2.IFF is 9M.

Maybe other problems.Can you help me?
    Thank you

This my files

www.dreamer.idv.cc/lilianjun/china3kingdoms.rar

Hi liwolf,

I do not recognize the site there so I can’t say if this is my map or not. You can find the China map I mad in the start of the second page in this thread.
    You will need to go the repository to find how to make it playable since some stuff have to be copied like portraits and other files and folders. The MTW uses different placement of files in different folders and some with different name.
    So I would advice that you get the stuff and put them in VI then go to the repository and find your way on what else is needed. The game will start perfectly but you will have the VI factions and units.

Here are the links for my stuff.
    Chinamap-files
    ChinaMap-Textures

===== Edit =====
    Apparently the files have been moved to the 3D downloads area
    ================

You can contact LeBob for more info and ready made stuff from him as he was the first to use it. Also Gregoshi for some STW ported stuff he has for the STW mod.

Good luck

Thumbs down Re: Mapping library project

Hello Kominos,

Ive been looking for weeks for instructions on how to make a campaign map and i am completely emptyhanded! I read Jbluvschild's entry asking you to make a mapguide and then later asking you to send him instructions on the map for his computer mod. Could you please forward to me any instructions you send to him on how to make a map. Ide be greatful.

Also everybody at Totalwar.com is looking for information about map making, whatever you can share would be great to have.

cheers
    Be without fear, in the face of your enemies.

Rise a knight!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123