Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: frogbeastegg's Guide to Rome: Total War and the Barbarian Invasion

Default Re: A Beginner's Guide to Rome: Total War

Well, the parthenon of Bachus is perfect for those far flung provinces as it provides a 50% bonus to happiness. Check the guide at the top of this thread and you will get the effects of all religious buildings.
    An old man dies... A young woman lives... Fair trade.
    BANG!
    I love you Nancy.

Hardigan, Frank Miller's Sin City, That Yellow Bastard

Default Diplomatic Backstabbing and other Dirty Tricks

Anyone playing as one of the 3 Roman factions can use several diplomatic dirty tricks to cripple the future competitors for the imperial throne. All need money, but not that much.

1) Prevent the other factions from achieving their Senat-given missions by bribing their armies. Since we bribe Romans while being ourselves a Roman faction, we also increase the size of our armies at a lower cost than the cost of training the same troops. You can also park your diplomats near the cities of the barbarian factions and bribe any Roman army closing in for a siege.

2) Block the chokepoints with the newly acquired troops We can add insult to injury by using the troops we've bribed for blocking bridges, mountain passes or narrow coastal areas. The other Roman armies won't be able to pass in order to achieve the missions in time. We may need most of the newly-acquired army for our own conquests, so we don't need to leave more than an unit to block the chokepoint and take the rest to where it is needed.

3)Ally with the traditional ennemies of the other Roman factions. This will instantly prompt a ceasfire. For instance a large Julii force was beseiging the Gaul city of Alesia and there was 1 turn left before the garrison's surrender. My diplomat (me playing as Brutii) offered an alliance to the Gauls, who were extremely keen to accept. The siege had to be started allover again. Eventualy a Gaulish relief force arrived and forced the Julii to withdraw.

4) Pump money into the traditional ennemies of the other Roman factions This will increase their chances to resist against your "cousins".

6)Stop unnecessary wars between the "barbarians". Why should barbarians fight each other when they have to fight the other Roman factions? Ally with both parties would prompt a ceasfire between them. If they happen to be at war with the Romans, they might not start fighting each other again immediately. I'm not sure if they follow the ceasfire with trade rights, but at least some trade would flow betwen them, giving them more money to fight your other Roman rivals.

7)Enforce an Open Seas policy Surround the key ports of the barbarian factions with your own ships. The other Roman factions won't be able to blockade them. Julii fleets can be contained in the Adriatic sea, and Julii or Senate fleets between the continent, Sardinia, Corsica, Sicilly and Western Italy.

To some extent the above-mentioned tricks can be used by non-Roman factions.

Eh, sorry to burst your bubble. But the first three suggestions there will not work for 1.2 (or just the first two and the third one will not work for VH but that's not important for a begginer).

Heh... signed up to a forum just for that. Anyway, been watching teh begginers guide post for a while, read it a while back and I must say it's beautiful work. @frogbeastegg great job, hope you get the time to update it for 1.2. Also for the traits section, you might wanna talk to kessel here's a link to his excelent post on the subject: kessel's traits guide
    The lost know where they are, they simply don't know where they are going.

I have played this game a lot, and think I am pretty good at it, in particular the battle side of things. I have a couple of things to add to the guide.

One: You have not given javelin guys a fair chance. They seem to suck, but I was forced to fight with large numbers of javelin guys once, and now always find room for at least a couple of units in my army. LARGE (note the emphasis) numbers of javelin guys will decimate infantry if they are allowed to retreat before them, or flank them. They also make a nice charge to break a wavering unit in a pinch. Note: the deciding battle was me vastly outnumbered with a couple units of poor quality cavalry and a couple units of hastati plus lots of javelins against them with lots of hastati and principes, but in the desert.

Javelins also have bonuses against two of the problem unit types, chariots and elephants. Unlike most other troops, they don't get instantly mown down. I usually charge chariots with javelin guys, or get them in the way.

Elephants are harder, but not insurmountable. Artillery is too slow and seldom hits. I usually take lots of casualties and just mob the elephants with lots of infantry until they die. I haven't yet sorted out how to deal with them properly, but then I have hardly faced them.

Two: Chariots are easy to kill once they stop moving. If you can stop them, they get wiped out. Javelin guys are particularly good at stopping a chariot unit dead, without taking many casualties or breaking. If need be, you can then send in some better quality troops to finish them off without having your quality troops slaughtered. This is also a good strategy for any cavalry, but works best versus chariots. And best of all, javelin guys are so cheap that you don't care if they all die anyway.

Three: I think that the emphasis on heavy infantry is too strong in the guide. An army of heavy infantry is strong, but does not provide the tools to break open an enemy army cheaply. You take more casualties than necessary, and heavy infantry casualties are expensive. My strong armies have at least four units of cavalry, often a couple of units of dogs, a couple of javelins - maybe none if I have lots of archers and won't face chariots, maybe some archers, maybe a couple of spearmen, and the rest is heavy infantry. This depends on what you want to do with the army, as heavy infantry are by far the best troops for going through walls, and cavalry is almost dead in a siege. Heavy infantry is the core of the army, but it is not all of it.

Four: basic strategies for crushing enemies.

Deal to their best units first, then worry about the dross. This may not mean destroy, but nullify (destroy is still better). Convince them to chase your horse javelins with their cavalry, so that you don't have to worry about them for a bit. Bog their chariots down with javelin guys or peasants, so they can't attack your good units. The reason for this is that these are the units that will break you. Elephants, chariots, cavalry, heavy infantry. If you let them use them freely you will get punished.

This seems at odds with the manual and advisors who say to crush their weak units and the strong will break as well. It is not. When everyone is all fighting in a big mass, the first to break will cause the rest to follow. So focusing on breaking their weakest and easiest to break units is a good idea. However, when you get in this situation, the enemy strong units are as dangerous to you as yours are to them. If they break one of your weak units then your whole army may break. By neutralising their best units you prevent this.

Use your units where they are strongest. If you must attack an enemy unit that is stronger, or in unfavourable circumstances, gang up on it with several of your own units. If you cannot gang up now, be planning to later. Or, use a poor unit to hold back a good enemy unit, but expect it to get devastated.

Do not recklessly commit your own crack troops. These are the troops to use to selectively destroy key enemy units or break them at the crucial point. Don't let them waste their energy and lives to no good gain.

Weaken strong enemy units with missiles before combat. You might kill more peasants with your archers than you would principes, but what is more likely to have an effect on the end result of the battle? You kill a whole unit of peasants that you could have broken easily, or a third of a unit of principes, that you can now break easily, but would have spent many lives to break before?

Break their formation if you can. Fix directional units with poor units, then hit them in the flank with strong ones. In fact, fix then flank works on anything, and is generally good practice.

It is counter-intuitive, but cavalry are ineffective against missile units. Missile units have loose formations, and can absorb the shock of the charge, then your cavalry can take heavy losses. If you must, follow the cavalry with foot troops. Of course, cavalry will still probably win, but will take high casualties. I use cavalry to stop them running, then infantry to finish them off. And because I always leave them till close to last, I always have extra guys to spare for this. If they have lots of missile units then I sometimes chase them off with cavalry, but do not really try to engage and destroy them, just stop them from shooting my guys.

Use your cavalry against the flanks of the enemy cavalry first. This fits into deal with their best units first. Then fix the enemy core of heavy infantry with your own heavy infantry. Flank them with the cavalry and charge their flank or rear, hopefully breaking them. Withdraw, rinse, repeat. Then deal to the enemy missile units. Then chase down their survivors and kill them. This is where having lots of cavalry can be really useful, as you want to kill as many as you can while they are running.

Cavalry are best used to outflank, then break enemy units, or against weaker cavalry, or to run down fleeing enemies.

Elephants and Chariots do a fantastic job of crushing cavalry. They are better for this task than a phalanx, but only because not even the computer is dumb enough to charge the front of a phalanx, but will counter-charge chariots and get cut down like flies. Killing cavalry is my preferred first use of chariots, because cavalry won't bog them down and stop them, so they do not die quick. Otherwise chariots are best used as shock troops to convince enemies under pressure to break.

But yeah, you may have guessed I can go on and on about this. Sorry. But maybe I should mention that I tend to win (against the computer, I can't play online because internet too slow, and not on easy and normal difficulty settings) every battle, and the casulaties tend to be 7 - 10 to one in my favour. I even win when I am heavily outnumbered by superior quality troops, but usually the casualties are about even in this case. And I do need to have a couple of good units. But yeah, this isn't bragging, it is just "proof" that I am not a complete moron and do know a little about what I am talking about.
    Last edited by ChewToy; 03-16-2005 at 05:09.

Creator of the Medmod for M:TW Member WesW's Avatar

Thanks for such an in-depth, informative guide, Lily. (Frog just seems wrong.)
    If one hasn't written something like this oneself, you have no idea just how much time and effort per sentence it takes to put down this type of precise, technical information; far more than just conversational posts, and even more than advisery posts such as tips and observations. Just wanted you to know how much you're effort is appreciated.

Also, for the vets out there, I had been playing MTW for a solid year, and heavily modding it for half that time when I finally read Lily's guide to that game, and I still found a lot of stuff that I either didn't know about, or didn't understand clearly, so I wouldn't place too much emphasis on the word "Beginner" in the title. I consider the word "Comprehensive" to be closer to the truth, but then undervaluing one's own production is a common trait of those who demand, and produce, truly excellent work.

There have been some good posts here which I think would enhance the guide. I have pasted in some of the ones, with some editing for readability, which stood out to me as being particularly helpful or interesting. You can view this as an endorsement or seconding of their info if you like, and hopefully the editing can save you some time.

From Lochar (2)-
    "I had the crtl key pressed and left-clicked on a cavalry unit, and they formed a circular pattern with everyone facing outward. Well, actually, they don't form a perfect circle but do face away almost 360 degrees. However, you can't move them this way, and sometimes they revert to a normal formation after a time. The ctrl key gives a shield and I wonder if this is a quick guard formation, or it could be just a silly bug."

Comment on above-
    It's my guess that this was a formation that the either the AI couldn't be programmed to use properly, or that turned out to be less useful than the ones chosen for the Shift key slots, or both. Developers spend a lot of time trying out new things, and what is chosen to include in the finished product is usually decided upon right before shipment. If space is limited, it's like paring down a term paper to fit into the page limits set by a professor, so you can end up with undocumented features like this that weren't disabled for one reason or another.

"BTW not sure if saw this covered or not but if you have settlement detail screen up and construction tab open, you can see the changes a particular item will do to the settlement, usually the food or trade items.

Also you can make a red settlement blue or yellow just by queuing certain structures or troops, even though they haven't been made yet. It seems to take people from the population pool even when queuing, just as it does with the production cost."

Comments-
    I have played the game heavily for a couple of weeks now, and I didn't know about right-clicking the production tabs, much less the changes info described here. Now if I could figure out how to change the city display to show the trade total rather than the profit....
    I had noticed that sometimes queuing structures or troops changed the happiness score, but I am sure most people would appreciate having it definitively stated somewhere.
    I don't understand why the developers decided to go away from the MTW method of assessing costs when actual building/training begins, but at least this little "cheat" can help alleviate some of the aggravation with achieving that magic 85% happiness score. Btw, mentioning that the riot threshold has been lowered from 100% to 85% would also be helpful to beginners. I know it made things easier for me once I realized it.

Cloudnine-
    "Lily- 'Remember how you used to set your army up in a nice, pretty formation, then select them all with ctrl+a then hold alt and click to move them, and they kept that nice, pretty formation and facing? Well, not any more. Tragically the ‘move but retain facing’ command is gone and there is no substitute.'

The 1.2 Patch has brought it back! Alt-Right-Click works again, just as it used to in the previous TW games - and I`m very happy to see it restored (especially as it wasn`t even mentioned in the Patch readme)

It`s especially useful if you`ve drawn up parallel to the enemy line but not quite close enough. You can now pick individual units (or the line) and Alt-Right-Click to move them forward into Pilum range say, without them ending up at odd angles if you click slightly off centre. That will prove to be very useful. You can also move directly backwards without losing facing. The men will turn round, march to the new position and turn to face the front again. Pity we don`t have a 'withdraw while facing forwards all the time' command - but this is close enough, especially if you move a little at a time..."
    Wes Whitaker's Total Modification site:

a quickie

Siege towers - depending on the type of wall being attacked will determine the tower type and also a tower CAN attack, but the fire at will needs to be turned on, and if using ranged units in towers, I was told but not confirmed that first the unit needs their fire at will disabled then once attached to a tower, enable it.

I spent a month playing and not once knew that these towers did anything other than provide a better avenue than ladders. Now that my first campaign is over, I havent been able to mess with them since I started over and no one has stone walls yet.

Also by using that city detail screen I noticed adding troops caused my corruption to drop a teeny bit.

You’ll forgive me I hope if I skip over the comments for now; I’ve just finished 7 hours straight of work on the guide and I’m completely exhausted.

The big 1.2 update has begun; the entire first post except the index should now be complete and accurate for 1.2, incorporating not only the new patch but also the research, corrections and so on. I estimate this will be a 6 part update; one post at a time and then one last to tidy up before the guide is signed off as complete and converted to a printable version. There are probably typos and errors; to be honest the manuscript for this guide is so big, split into so many different documents and filled with so much forum codinhg it's damned hard to read. So if you spot anything in post 1 only please let me know.

You may notice a name change. The guide was not exactly for beginner’s only before, as has been said in assorted places by quite a few people, and once this update is done it will be even less so. So I decided it was time for a slightly different title.

EDIT: oh yes, my tired mind forgot to tell my aching fingers that the credits are in the last post and will be updated when I update that part of the guide. I'm adding people and sources as promised, so if you're not listed yet don't panic. If you're not listed when I say the whole update in complete then panic and tell me to add you. This way cuts my workload down a little and reduces potential for confusion in playing with posts and manuscripts, so I'm sure you will understand.

I’m off to put my feet up and read a bit more of Steven Saylor’s Roma Sub Rosa series.
    Last edited by frogbeastegg; 03-20-2005 at 17:21.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

Default Re: frogbeastegg's Guide to Rome: Total War

Post number 2 is updated. The most obvious change here is the inclusion of Suladan's mercenary list, but there are numerous other little changes, additions and corrections.

Post 1 has been edited again, and should have addressed all misc dodads people have sent me messages about.

As before if you find any errors in the first two posts let me know.

Again, I've been working for hours and I'm exhausted. I think for now I'll just have to say a generic thank you to everyone who commented, add that I am addressing everything that has been brought up since my last post cateloging this fact, and say I will come back to answer any specifc questions later once the updating is done.

Part 3 may be here tomorrow, maybe a little later. It's going to have a lot changed in it, and I'm not sure how my time is going to plan out.

But for now I'm going to go read for a bit, read and relax.
    Frogbeastegg's Guide to Total War: Shogun II. Please note that the guide is not up-to-date for the latest patch.

that's a great guide, it must have taken you many hours of work!
    well done

Default Handling rejections :-)

The young ladies of RTW seem to have sometimes a rather strange taste in choosing their husbands. So we might have to reject some of the candidates. What I've discovered (first when playing Pontus, but it seems to happen for all non-Roman factions) is that some of the rejected suitors won't take no for an answer very well. So we might find them leading rebel armies. This leaves us with 3 choices: crush them, bribe them or push them into the enemy lands.

Crushing is self-explanatory. It helps our generals to get stars.

Bribing might look like a waste of money because we didn't want that guy for free as part of our family in the first place. However many times the reason for rejection was simply zero command stars or zero useful traits or old age (it seems the young widows won't marry again). But even a 60 years old guy can build some forts (or towers) if we need them, not to mention that his rebel army might be worth hiring. Sometimes an enemy general with a full stack can pop-up on our light-defended territory. We have no general of ours to do emergency mercenary recruiting. But the diplomat we happen to have finds out the rebel suitor is much cheaper to bribe than the enemy. Suddently the situation is not that desperate anymore...

Pushing the guys into enemy lands means that we have a very strong army to do the push. It also means that the disgruntled suitor doesn't have too many crack units under his command (otherwise he'll stand and fight). So such a rebel army cannot be used as a really effective plug for chokepoints (bridges, mountain passes or coastal areas). But the enemy would have to lose some men fighting the rebels before meeting our army. And sometimes he might lose a few valuable units in the process (like an elephant out of 6). And keep in mind rebels create devastation in any land, weakening a little bit the economy. So we can use them to harm our alies or neutral factions without going to war with them.

Post 3 updated with a lot of changes to the battle section. Posts 1 and 2 updated to display my new chapter headings and title, courtesy of Duke John.

You know my usual: exhausted, hours of work, going to go away and rest, thanks for comments, will adress newly raised items, and please bring forward anything that needs adding/correcting in the first 3 posts. But for now the frog is

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

About bugged difficulty:

It's pretty simple where is bug.
    Instead giving bonuses/penalities only to AI, the bug gives them to player too, making battles faster instead of more difficult. Quicker kill rates and quicker routing.

So, easy battle difficulty gives slower battles, more difficult routing for both factons, while harder difficulties give quicker battles, faster routing.

You could try some tests too.
    Try 1:1 phalanx fight on easy and on very hard, and you'll see difference in speed.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Hey Frog. Just a little correction for your FAQ: You seem so adamant that the player is unable to train first cohort. That's not true. If you take Rome in the long campaign and you haven't yet conquered your 50 provinces (thereby ending the game) you can actually build both type of first cohort from Rome. Of course Rome needs to have the prerequisite infrastructure to build the regular unit (early or regular Legionary Cohort) to do so, but they can be built by roman factions other than S.P.Q.R.

The reason I don't have 50 provinces in my current game is that I went the way of the protectorate. Macedon, Pontus, Egypt and Armenia are all protectorates and I am a good allies with a few others.
    BANG!
    I love you Nancy.

All posted/messaged additions for the first 3 posts addressed. I'm still writing the MP section and general update for post number 4. I'm slowing my pace down a bit; I was beginning to feel ill thanks to working too hard.

Can I get confirmation that you can now train first cohorts in 1.2 vanilla RTW, please? In 1.1 this was not possible, and I know at least one mod made it so first cohorts were buildable in Rome only. I wouldn't be surprised if 1.2 had changed the original situation, but I've not seen anything on this until now. First cohorts seem to be one of the sections I am frequently wrong on, so I'd like to get it undoubtably correct and final this time

Default How to build your fortune through transgressions

The Roman factions get the "Transgression" warning when their armies march through neutral territories. Playing as a barbarian faction I am yet to receive such a message because of my armies trips (version 1.0). However if my diplomat makes too much money out of a maps deal, I get plenty of "Transgression" warnings.

Using the tips from Tamur's excellent guide on diplomacy I've decided to experiment with 2 things:
    1. When I sell a map with "name your price" option, can I get more than double of what AI offers?
    2. Can I get more than twice the number of the turns AI offers to pay tribute?

The answer to the first question is "depends!" It depends on the state of their finances. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask at least 5 times the initial offer. We'll know we asked more than they can really afford if they accept but the we receive the "Transgression!" message. For instance once the Egyptians offered 200 denarii, my diplomat asked for 1000 and the deal was done at 800.

To the second question I can say that on Medium (strategic map), no matter how many turns they offer to pay tribute (usually 2 - 4 times) and how much that tribute is, they'll accept at least 12 turns. Now, how about having each Roman faction paying to us 3k each turn? Of course, our diplomat will get transgression every time.

good research Dromikaites,
    you get the "Transgression!" message with all civilised factions, not just the Romans..

Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg
    Can I get confirmation that you can now train first cohorts in 1.2 vanilla RTW, please?

Yes its possible, there are actually 2 eagle bearers that I saw when I captured Rome, I think it was early first cohort and then the first cohort, both could be trained and built in rome long as it had the capable tech buildings.

I'd love to give you a screenshot Frog, but I'm at work right now. You'll have to take Lochar and mine's word for it. I assure you it is possible if you have 1.2 version. I even tried some moding and you can make it so they can be built in Rome only, on the Italian peninsula only or anywhere.

If you need a screenshot let me know and I'll send you one once I get home.
    BANG!
    I love you Nancy.

Not, it's ok, I'll believe. Thanks, both of you. I'm just really keen to get this point exactly right this time. I've never seen the Marian reforms in the SP game, so obviously I've never been able to tinker with first cohorts outside of custom and MP modes.

I haven't had much time to work on the guide these last few days; hopefully that will change soon and I can get this finished.

Dromikaites, I shall look at revising my own notes for the diplomacy section when I can. Thanks.

In my experience the AI doesn't really pay attention to the tribut length. So long as you don't edit the quantity they offer you they'll be willing to accept ridicolous lengths for the tribute.

Try it, if for some reason they offer you a tribute for any length of time, add a zero (or a few zero's even) to the tribute time and they'll accept, so long as the quantity per turn doesn't change. Of course doing this to an excess does count as a transgression, just like taking too much of their money in a single go.

Lightbulb Re: frogbeastegg's Guide to Rome: Total War

wow m8 great guide must have takin u days
    The bigger the weapon the harder it is to pick up.-Shadow
    member of the lords of midnight
    visit us www.lordsofmidnight.tk

Quote Originally Posted by sogu
    In my experience the AI doesn't really pay attention to the tribut length. So long as you don't edit the quantity they offer you they'll be willing to accept ridicolous lengths for the tribute.

Try it, if for some reason they offer you a tribute for any length of time, add a zero (or a few zero's even) to the tribute time and they'll accept, so long as the quantity per turn doesn't change. Of course doing this to an excess does count as a transgression, just like taking too much of their money in a single go.
    Thanks for the tip Sogu, I've only just got the hang of selling map info for decent amounts...

I may have missed a guide somewhere but I am still having trouble trying to figure out why my allies distrust me, when I have never broken any agreements or was never the first to break a ceasfire. I watch my allies get pounded but I am helpess because they wont grant me military access, because of my treacherous/dishonorable ways, and the only way to help them is by marching thru their territory, which then makes them think I broke an alliance.

Starting wars will make you untrustworthy, even if you're starting wars with neutral nations. So if you want to expand it's best to use your dimplomats to make them angry and have them attack you.

Edit:

@Craterus

Lol, you're quite welcome... glad someone finds what little I know useful.
    Last edited by sogu; 04-01-2005 at 07:22.

thats just it, I never started a war, unless you count rebel factions. Most everyone I went to war with attacked me first, of course I had to attack their cities afterwards but I never was the agressor. Heck with the first 10 turns of the game I had 3 factions attack me, when they offered ceasefire I honored it til they attacked again. I even send cash gifts to my allies but to no avail. Heck I think I have funded my allies expansion, they didnt grow til I was funnelling them cash.

Work is (very) slowly going on, but nothing worth posting yet.

[mental note: must add bits to my diplo section comments]

Thanks, [seminoles]shadow. I'd estimate hundreds of hours work now, something like 800 I guess as a very rough estimate. Writing, researching, reading, updating, dealing with msc. guide related correspondance ...

Lochar, by any chance do you have quite a large empire? Often that makes people fear and hate you. Or are you holding cities those troublesome factions want? I know I've had factions hate my guts because I have one of the cities they consider to be theirs, e.g. Greeks and Thermon.

Thanks, [seminoles]shadow. I'd estimate hundreds of hours work now, something like 800 I guess as a very rough estimate. Writing, researching, reading, updating, dealing with msc. guide related correspondance ...
    800 hours?? That's over a month of your life (I had to work it out, I was curious). I see you have been really really comitted to your guide and it's turned out great!
    Last edited by Craterus; 04-01-2005 at 16:28. Reason: spelling

Fantastic guide FBE!

I am a newbie but something I didn't see was this: When in Numidia I got hit by an earthquake which wiped out quite a lot of my troops. Not happy about that as you might imagine!

I have also failed a couple of senate missions to blockade Corinth, because my path to the port has been blocked by allied navy until it is past the number of turns....which is irritating.

Before I read this guide I read the manual. The manual tells you what things do but doesn't give you any advice on what it is advisable to do, and your guide is exactly what I needed so thanks for all the hard work.

Lochar, by any chance do you have quite a large empire? Often that makes people fear and hate you. Or are you holding cities those troublesome factions want? I know I've had factions hate my guts because I have one of the cities they consider to be theirs, e.g. Greeks and Thermon.

I wouldnt say large, but I did take over egypt and a few others. I can understand fear or hate but nothing was dishonest, I got attacked so I took it to the next level. Now after spending 40k gifting they decide to attack me as well. I just figured the phrasing for them not liking me would be different over them calling me dishonest.

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

I am looking for some info:

Can I get the map in an electronic form?
    Are the tech-trees available somewhere?
    Are there any proper descriptions of the units? (Not just: phalanx - good against cav)

Thanks!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast