Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are there any good PC Multiplayer FPS games that respect the sniper?

Lightbulb Re: are there any good PC Multiplayer FPS games that respect the sniper?

Played em all apart form Joint Operations
    And i still prefer df2 :)
    But i like my old games =)

Btw fog isnt usualy on in df2 becous it is quite old and Gfx arent great,
    so is not usual to use a sniper rifle and still see a lil black dot miles off that is actualy another sniper,

Lol nothing worse than seeing that lil black dot get a lil white flash b4 you get sight on him,
    Cos really your gonna be dead by the time you hear the bang.

-Edit-
    Tell you what,

Il go in to a multiplayer game now and Get some screen dumps for you guys,

so you can see draw distance and other things you may want to know,
    Like i said GFX suck,
    So dont expect Doom 3 Lighting effects, and other snazzy stuff.

I will be back soon enough
    Last edited by Shambles; 03-30-2005 at 09:43.

Default Re: are there any good PC Multiplayer FPS games that respect the sniper?

Ok here we go 2 prt screens
    i told you the gfx arent that good,
    But i can hit some 1 at 800mts with a m4 so a decent sniper should be able to Easily get some 1 over 1k away. (im a m4 man)

Heres the setup i use when sniping.

And this guy died By a head shot That gave me 2 points,

Room was prety empty but youl get the idea from those i Guess
    Last edited by Shambles; 03-30-2005 at 10:04.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Default Re: are there any good PC Multiplayer FPS games that respect the sniper?

Black Hawk Down (also Novalogic game) requires to change the elevation for each range, that suggests trajectory fire. There's quite a range of bolt action snipers, and the xpack Team Sabre adds the H&K PSG semi-autosniper which is a good choice in urban situations.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Yep Delta force serize is best in my oppinion and delta force BHD is one of the newer installments,
    but some people say that black hawk down wont run on there pcs as its GFX intensive,

Delta force 1 isnt to good at snipers,
    Delta force 2 is probably the best,
    Delta force 3 SUX as you can see through buildings when your sniping,
    And BHD is prety much Delta force 3 revamped,

And also all of them (apart form delta force 1) requier you to adjust your scope calibration for difrent trajectorys,
    But if your any good you can estimate the distance your self nd aim a bit high If you dont have the time to calibrate the scope,
    So games Physics Is Very good,

One shot and you die,
    But some times you survive
    (usualy only if the bullet is not powerfull enough to kill you with where it hit.)

I do like FPS so if any 1 can show me a better game than DF2 I will be happy,
    Becous this game is quite Ancient now,
    But unfortunatly no 1 has made A better game yet (at least to my knowlage)

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

That's true Shambles,

BHD is pretty GFX intensive and somewhat laggy in MP. I wouldn't recommend it for SP.

There are games dedicated to snipers, not sure whether they allow MP.

I have an issue with bolt action snipers in games. Often you fire and immediately lose your scope for reloading, leaving you wondering whether you actually hit something.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned battlefield 3? BF3 has decent sniping, with good long range trajectory with bullet drop. But a lot of the sniper only servers are gone and the ones that are left are just team death match servers, which are mostly smaller maps that's mostly just ru8nning and gunning, which sucks i think. Now I haven't played battlefield bad company yet but i heard that they still have some pretty good sniper only servers on there with bigger maps.

Annoyingly awesome Member Booger Flick Champion, Run Sam Run Champion, Speed Cards Champion rickinator9's Avatar

Welcome to the ORG.

Always check the date before you post. This was posted in 2005.
    rickinator9 is either a cleverly "hidden in plain sight by jumping on the random bandwagon" scum or the ever-increasing in popularity "What the is going on?" townie. Either way I want to lynch him. - White Eyes

Oh, duh good point lol!!!

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But if you want to know about a good sniper game, I recommend Sniper Elite 2 (not played 3 yet), bigj73nsb.
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

I'd love to recommend Sniper Elite v2 as well, but the darn game keeps crashing every couple of minutes. Glad I got it free on Steam. otherwise I'd be rather annoyed.
    This space intentionally left blank

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khorak View Post
    ...Snipers in games should only get complete accuracy when 'set up'. A sniper is supposed to pick a position with a good field of fire covering apparent enemy zones of movement before the battle even starts.

Sniping rifles in games should only gain that pinpoint accuracy once the sniper has settled into a position, an act which should also render him immobile. As such they could maintain a monopoly on dunderheaded retards trying to force through a position they're covering but stopping sniping rifles being the instagibbing, mobile artillery pieces they end up being. Essentially, a guy who has taken a sniping rifle should be utterly screwed as soon as he realises he's been caught moving by a really angry enemy who is now spraying lead at you from an assault rifle...
    I was a MAG sniper, and a good one, for quite a few months of play off and on. What you describe above was one of the key features of the sniper. You had to be prone and you had to be scoped to be accurate. Hip firing was wildly inaccurate past muzzle-blast burn range.

MAG still, overall, hated sniping though. Maximum visibility with all skills/perks etc. was limited to 330m. The heavy sniper rifles could not be silenced. And, for some reason, my sniper was always equipped only with tracer ammo.

I was once executed by a KEK clan player who's voice comment was "Stop ____ing sniping and actually play the game." This was voiced in a tone of mild anger coupled with an absolute conviction that only run/gun was a legitimate way to play.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

BF actually has decent sniping, with bullet drop and rifle accuracy all factored in when it comes to the sniping. Sure, you can still do run n gun, but it's not that easy.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    BF actually has decent sniping, with bullet drop and rifle accuracy all factored in when it comes to the sniping. Sure, you can still do run n gun, but it's not that easy.
    Do they allow them to use ammo that isn't tracer?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Fair point, but no. I didn't quite get it why they use tracer rounds for sniping, when it shouldn't be that way, but once you manage to find a proper spot you won't worry about the tracers.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

It's always been a pet peeve of mine in games. In RL, most of the really good shots -- snipers, ww2 fighter pilots, etc. -- simply didn't use tracers because they KNOW where the shot(s) are going and don't want any third parties knowing where they come FROM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12