Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Age of Warlords - Total War

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Default Re: Age of Warlords - Total War

It is quite simple with those which are made undestructable in the game already - I don't know how to add more similar buildings or if it is possible at all.
    I know that Forest Clearing and Warrior Hold are impossible to destroy, so the whole thing is to use these structures with their original names ( the names can be translated into something else, but the incoded name must be the same) for a different use.
    There is one thing to remember the structures cannot be directly restricted to some factions, because this way they would be destroyed by anyone else.

So the structures must be made buildable by everyone and can't be limited to any specifick religion.

Still it is possible to limit their availability by setting build requirements - so only some factions would have the access this way, even if in theory everyone can build the structure.
    In PMTW I have used Forest_Clearing as Trade Center - impossible to build ( the structure's building requirements are so limited, thet only one faction would be able to construct the center, but it already starts with one) and acting as another, more complicated resource i.e. in theory you can recruit Town Militia everywhere, but it requires Trade Center which noone really can build so its recruitment is limited this way.
    Besides setting this structure as a starting one and impossible to build offers more opportunities than any ordinary resource e.g. it could increase mercenary magnetism, lower happiness ( so more soldiers have to be ude to occupy it) and do other things, even generate income if desired - however with the last thing there is a hardcoded limit which could cause CTDs if a province has too many different structures generating income as I have learnt to my cost.

Generally Forest Clearing offers many opportunities to use, I am not so sure with the Warrior Hold - I am not sure if this one is safe to use, besides for now I have no idea what to use that for.

Regards Cegorach

Boondock Saint Senior Member The Blind King of Bohemia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cegorach1
    however with the last thing there is a hardcoded limit which could cause CTDs if a province has too many different structures generating income as I have learnt to my cost.
    VERY interesting - do you know how many that is? I've been having some unaccountable crashes and this could well be the reason. If so, you're a lifesaver.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

It took me some frustrating time to find out I minimalised the risk by making severla income generating structures unique, binding some to certain resources or other unique buildings so they rarely appear in the same place and removing the income produced by cathedrals and similar.
    I am not sure about the maximum number, but at least 5 must be ok - all of these have several levels.
    I believe it is the number of entries in crusader_build which is important so these 5 or so may have any number of levels each.

I suggest to set the startpos in one particular province with all possible upgrades if checking the province income ( right mouse button) causes CTD remove one building and try again. I have experimanted this way for some time to make sure that it is all right, but still my trade centres lost its cathedral_income completely.

hi mate you got somme more screenshots mate i cant waith to play it

I'll post a few pics later mate

thx mate

Excellent idea for a mod, brilliant. Just the irish map, some provinces seem unnecassarily small. Ulster seems fine, but connacht should reach at least into the centre (in fact with the progression of Uí Chonchubair client of Breifne a sliver of it should run along the border with Aileach, nearly reaching the east coast) Mumha (Munster) as well should reach the centre of the map, and should include that small peninsula jutting out of the south of Connacht. But its looking very well. Love the north american tribal units, and being able to build tara etc.

edit: looking through your maps you new the in tuaiscert/aileach bit already. You've done your research anyway :-)
    Last edited by Riadach; 09-02-2006 at 19:31.

Unfortunately mate I can't revise the borders now but I'm glad you liked it. You have a PM by the way.

ah shame, but it won't be a great loss i suppose.

I see the Site Has been renovated BKB.

Some good quality stealing from Totalwar.com there mate!

When can we expect the webmaster(ie me) to get pics and information for updates?
    "You know me, Marge. I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals fa-laming!" -Homer

Cheers mate, a lot of good work has gone into that.

Do you need names from irish boast/ships? Where did you get the Uí Néill faction flag from?

Harbinger of the Doomed Rat Member Biggus Diccus's Avatar

This mod is looking really promising! Can't wait to try it out :D
    General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmaney Melchett: That's the spirit, George. If nothing else works, then a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

Any new new s mate

The first period is very close to being complete, its basically descriptions, famous kings, balancing and a few bugs to iron out now.

wooow cool mate i cant hardly waith mate

For those wondering I've decided to finish the second period as well before releasing Age of Warlords, rather than release the first one now. I think it will allow me to iron out bugs better and balance the game properly. It won't take as long as the first period though, no way.

Dispensing plasmids one bacteria at a time...

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.
    "Its just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. Then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns and also he got a racecar. Is any of this getting through to you?"

--Fry, Futurama, the show that does not advocate the cool crime of robbery

good news was begining to think this mod had died

cool mate

All right! Great job there BKB! Just a quick question- for what version of MTW/VI is this for?
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Formerly Seedexodus...not that anyone cares

Just need Viking Invasion mate, patched if you want but it isn't entirely necessary.

Great then! I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this one!!
    I want to bathe in their blood...I want to bathe in their blood for a week!-Freaky Roman General

Formerly Seedexodus...not that anyone cares

Hi mate
    hows it going mate ? any news or screenies
    is modding dificult? is it easy to learn mate?and wot do i need to mod ? becose i wos wondering if i got mod , but i dont now how
    wel mate i hope your ok

hi mate how is the mod do you have new screenshots??

i am waiting this mod too!! BKB, perhaps you could post some screenshots?

I haven't had a chance to really work on it as i've been kept busy with work. But i will post somes pics if i get the chance

Would be great mate i am really waithing for this mod and i am still playing BKB mod in the meenwhile

any news mate??? i hope so
    well mate i wish you a merry X-mas

Very eagerly awaiting this mod.... If this is anything like your Super Mod, it will be truly great. The Super Mod still has me playing MTW quite frequently, even after i had obtained M2:TW.
    My only grievance is that there will be much less, if not any modding effort going into MTW with the release of its shiny new 'successor'.
    "A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers,
    looks around for a coffin."

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast