Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: The Drunkards Tavern

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Default Re: The Drunkards tThread.

Well its Friday night, and im fully expecting this thread to explode tonight with drunken people!

Yes ill be here, having a small reunion tonight with friends who have been travelling for half a year. Should be interesting!

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Nothing much really - glass sparkling white, half bottle pinot grigio, mojito, caipiroska, g&t x 5, beer. Oh, and an ABC (not strictly a drink, quite a pleasant surprise though) (Almost forgot the 3, or was it 4 shots of tequila)

N.B. almost 4 am that I'm writing this - not bad considering I have an 1115 flight...
    Last edited by Somebody Else; 04-16-2006 at 09:42.
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

The Breath of God Member Divine Wind's Avatar

Far to drunk to be able ro write anything sensible, so i had a good one :) lots of beer and suprisingly nice ladies!
    "To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
    -Sun Tzu, the Art of War

Probably Drunk Member Reverend Joe's Avatar

I'm not drunk...

but I am high...

and I am listening to Jerry Lee Lewis...

is that close enough? Am I cleared to post?

It's been a while since I haven't been high. Enjoy the party.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

oh god, i had some guys round. god am i ****** at the moment, juist walkeed 2 miles, on my own. in the countryside, wasnt scary at all, thats how drunk i am....oh, and my brother told my parent bout the party, so im screwed tbvh
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette

heh heh heh
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianofsmeg16
    oh god, i had some guys round. god am i ****** at the moment, juist walkeed 2 miles, on my own. in the countryside, wasnt scary at all, thats how drunk i am....oh, and my brother told my parent bout the party, so im screwed tbvh
    For some reason I imagined some pissed (not angry mind you) brit with fowl beer smelling breath and no lack of body language.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I just foudn this thread. I don't usually post here, but I know for a fact that i've posted here drunk before. Currently, I'm blazed out of my mind and hopefully I'll remember next time i'm trashed to direct my drunken .b0rg posting to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorba
    I'm not drunk...

but I am high...

and I am listening to Jerry Lee Lewis...

is that close enough? Am I cleared to post?
    Don't think that's looked upon fondly round these parts .

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

So when are the games gona be held. (those in honor of Dionysus).

I threw out my back from an old injury back when I worked with MWDs. The Doc gave me vicaden, which doesn't do much. Now, with alcohol, it aint toooo bad. Kinda sleepy, but that be about it.

I would get slammed tonight but I have to teach tomorrow. I taught with a hangover this last week. Totally sucked. All I wanted to do was sleep.

*sigh*

I hereby promise to get completely bombed and post to the Org as soon as is possible. Amen.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Although it is probably safe with the dose you are given, DA, it is not a good idea to put downers together, especially if you drink fairly often. Hydrocodone is an opioid, and many opioid overdoses that kill are from mixing the liquor with it. Just my word of caution that you probably should not drink as much liquor with it as you would without it. And opioid overdose is the most difficult to get through, since you just pass out in euphoria and stop breathing.
    Last edited by Kanamori; 04-24-2006 at 07:24.

Damn you, Old Milwaukee. I should have known that a mega-can of 9% beer that costs 3 bucks would taste like rotting death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanamori
    Although it is probably safe with the dose you are given, DA, it is not a good idea to put downers together, especially if you drink fairly often. Hydrocodone is an opioid, and many opioid overdoses that kill are from mixing the liquor with it. Just my word of caution that you probably should not drink as much liquor with it as you would without it. And opioid overdose is the most difficult to get through, since you just pass out in euphoria and stop breathing.
    True. I didn't drink very much. I wasn't looking to mix for recreational use. That would be abuse. Thanks for informing the public. I probably should have clarified my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    I wasn't looking to mix for recreational use. That would be abuse.
    To be blunt, I fail to see how alcohol intoxication is less of an abuse than other depressant intoxication, which produce similar effects, and often with less damage to the body. Of course, the other exception being that many of them don't make you outright stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Divinus Arma
    Thanks for informing the public.
    I presumed it would be better for me to err on the side of sounding mothering than for me to err on the side of a totally avoidable, and accidental, death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanamori
    To be blunt, I fail to see how alcohol intoxication is less of an abuse than other depressant intoxication, which produce similar effects, and often with less damage to the body.
    Now you sound mothering.

Don't infringe on my legal right to consume massive amounts of alcohol. Abuse is merely a matter of consciousness. And opinion.

This man clearly has a wife; there's no other way men can learn to be so disarming.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

For you DA.

Just kidding...

I hope!

Crazed Rabbit
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

ahhh shucks. You folks are just too nice. Now I'm tempted to just get drunk because I can. You know what? I think I am going to reinstall MTW and VI just to get in the mood for M2TW. Meanwhile, I'll find something to mix with Bacardi.

No work tomorrow, amazingly. However, I have the mother-in-law visiting and the wife is pregnant and cranky....

Sounds like it's time for a stealth "bombing" if ya know what I mean. heh heh heh.

whew.
    Staying inhere.,
    This is my safe zone.

I just installed mTW and VI. Started playing and holy smnokes I forgot how much i liked this game. what a hoot./

This is the most fun I have had in a little while. MTW. damn. I may even just order Shogun since I never played that one.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

Im not drunk, but I'll post anyway. Shogun is a great game, like a simple version of MTW with a fraction of the units to choose from. Get the Warlord edition so you get mongels, as the mongel era light cavalry are to this day the best cav in any total war series, cntrl-w worked in the direction you came from (you routed in direction u came from too) so you can do melee hit and runs with cavalry vs infantry units that really frustrate the other player. Movies are great too. I just reinstalled VI and started up a campaign, I agree, I forgot how fun it is, havent gone to get my arse kicked online yet, although I have dropped into the lobby to see if I knew anyone
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

Started with tequila. And bud light. Not my choice, it was what they were seving and it was free.

I'm buzzed to be sure.

Interesting thinf about the tequila. If I mix it , I become the most vile evil human on earth. I can only do tequila if it is the only hard stuff I drink for the night., The worst times I have had is when I drink the tequila LAST. then the pain comes.

want to post more but meh.

i cantg believe i am still awake. plain VI

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Ahh the sweet nectar of the century plant.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

Ugh, that last bottle of beer shot me..Pretty enjoyable with Footbal Manager 2006 though..

You ever fell tired and want to saty up but damn if you arent tired? Thats me right now. I actually have a couple of days off; no teaching, no cop-stuff, and I just finished finals for an accelerated course. Dman if I don't want to both fall aslepp in this chair or stay up and keep playin EB. grrr.

I guess either way I win.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

know the feeling.

I'm buzzed. Bad thing have happended in the alst week. I'm pretty upset. Its too personal and I wont post it here. Biut I am pretty upset.

Page 4 of 55 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast