Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Default Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

I think this might be due to a bad install, a corrupted download or a corrupted Rtw install. Try reinstalling rtw, downloading the mod again and installing the mod again. If this doesn't work you must do something wrong while installing.

Angry Re: Blue Lotus Open Beta

hey can somebody explain to me how to install the music pack for some reason in my comp. it wont let me play the mod so how do you install it?

What doesn't work the mod or the music? IF the mod doesn't work, the music won't help.
    I'll try to help you but then I need to know what isn't working, I assume the mod, but I'm not sure.

While playing as the Yuwei(sp?), the game crashed during the rebel turn right after they blockaded my port. It was one fleet blocking it and one right behind that one.

EDIT: I just crashed again right before the game starts to load a fight between me and the rebels. It was on the campaign map right before it zoomed in.

EDIT: This time the army didn't attack, and when they took the city by siege, the game crashed.

EDIT: Another crash while being attacked by the army of that faction with the Dragon Icon. I'm noticing that most crashes are battle related.
    Last edited by shadowarmy75; 10-03-2006 at 01:45.
    "Get Down Or Lay Down"-Beans
    "A disorderly mob is no more an army than a pile of building materials is a house"-Socrates

don't click this link...

Default AW: Blue Lotus Open Beta

sorry,but I don´t understand:Is there an solution to get the problem of babyshambles and co out?I have download it and installed it right (I think)...it goes to the title and than go back to the Desktop caus the same file like Babyshambles is missing...I hope I got any help to play this awsome mod

Default Re: AW: Blue Lotus Open Beta

No bug fixes have been released yet. It would have been but we lack man power to have done it fast. Tough maybe soon a fix for the yomi ctd will be released.

Hello I dont know wether i have installed blue lotus correctly. Ive done all the downloading of patches and the Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool. But i dont understand where is the Data/packs folder, and what is the root data folder. Sorry if these are stupid quesions but this is the first mod ive downloaded. Thanks for any help!

Loz, the directory for the data folder is usually this, unless you've changed it:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\Data
    Inside the "data" folder of "Rome - Total War's" folder is where you put all the stuff you've downloaded. In that folder are more folders, like the "packs" folder. I believe that the root "data" folder is just the "data" folder in "Rome - Total War's" folder. Hope this helps.

hello thanks for the help it all seems a lot clearer now. Is the 'unpaker' mentioned the Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool I have downloaded?

Hello i finally managed to download it :) thanks for the help it looks great. Is there a pathch or anything i can do to stop it randomly crashing and shutting down the game yet?

How you fix this error?:

"data/models_building/kill_zone/wooden_wall_short_straight_destroyed_kill_zone_05. CAS"

Comes up when starting the game. Goes to the load screen then stops with that error.

I found the problem:I don´t let run the xpak.bat completely....there must stand something with "press any button" that´s the end...I end it after I read something with "finished extracting pak files" or something like that

Default Re: AW: Blue Lotus Open Beta

Does it work now?

yes,and it´s fantastic...thx guys

Alright, I downloaded the mod and it looks great. But, when ever I try to download the pak extractor I get this message,

"Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65"

Is there anywhere else I can download the pak extractor, or is there any other way to install this mod?
    Thanks

Blank to all !! First of all I would want to make compliments to the authors for this large one mod !! it is simply fantastic !! best.
    I want to signal a problem that I have found and that is preventing me to end the campaign .
    I'm playing at very hard level with the Chinese (I'm at 35°turn) but when I besiege whichever Yomi's city the game collapses punctually ! The same thing happens if I make double click on whichever yomi's city .
    I think that is a problem with the loading of the window of presentation of the yomi's city (but I don't know what can be done) .
    I hope that my signalling is of aid for the increase of Blue Lotus , and also that will be of aid to me to continue mine campaign . I'm waiting your answer good bye to all and thanks a lot again .

I fixed my problem and installed it. It is amazing. The only problems are that it crashes every third battle, and the Undead samurai have lines coming out of them but I can deal with these small problems. Best conversion for any game that I have seen!

Quote Originally Posted by MindTr!ck
    Alright, I downloaded the mod and it looks great. But, when ever I try to download the pak extractor I get this message,

"Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65"

Is there anywhere else I can download the pak extractor, or is there any other way to install this mod?
    Thanks
    I'm having the same problem. How did you fix this?

Sorry for the double post. I was able to find the xpak elsewhere, and I followed the instructions for installing everything - unfortunately Rome refuses to load. When the game boots up I get the CA splash screen, and then the cool Blue Lotus loading screen pops up, but it stops at approximately 75% full and won't load any further. Anybody else had this problem?

have you renamed the old paks? And was it a clean 1.5 install.

Default Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?

Thanks

Default Re: Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

I guess the server was temporarly down. Normally it should be there, if not I'll look for an alternate link or I will up load it to somewhere else for the time being.

Default Re: Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool

[QUOTE=somecallmegoo]

Hi everyone - I'm excited to try out this mod.

One problem. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool at the link provided does not seem to exist.

Saw that others had problems with this as well, but I was unable to locate an alternate download site. Can anyone direct me to the right place?
    -

I managed to find it by searching for a program called File Parser. I believe they have it at Fileplanet. Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes with it.
    Is this your homework Larry, is this your homework. Larry is this your homework.

Hey sub did you download the patches? because when i click to download patches ii takes me to the broken link page or whatever, did u download the patches? i also pm'd you thanks!

Hello I wouled just liek to singnal i am also having the ctd bug when ever i double click on a yumi city or it ctds 50% of the tiem after i wone the seige battles while attacking the yumi so i dont know if u guys have a fix out for that last ive read was that u were lackign man power :S but anny how just tought id report the bug.
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

Hey dermiester do i have to tdownload the patches it tells me to on the main page of this mod to play? Did u download the patches? Because when i try to click on the link it comes to the expired paeg thing? could u possibly help me?

That bug can be a quick fix. Know what? I'll upload a small fix for that tomorrow, , normally it would have been in a real patch but maybe it's better to get that fix out anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowbot66
    Hey dermiester do i have to tdownload the patches it tells me to on the main page of this mod to play? Did u download the patches? Because when i try to click on the link it comes to the expired paeg thing? could u possibly help me?
    -
    I've just tried the link and it seems to work fine, maybe it's just busy or somethin.
    Is this your homework Larry, is this your homework. Larry is this your homework.

Quote Originally Posted by Moros
    That bug can be a quick fix. Know what? I'll upload a small fix for that tomorrow, , normally it would have been in a real patch but maybe it's better to get that fix out anyway.
    thank u HEAPS because im at the stage were i have to fight the yumi and yea :) so thank u
    Ich bin Der Engel Des Todes... -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Dermeister
    thank u HEAPS because im at the stage were i have to fight the yumi and yea :) so thank u
    My pleasure.

Quote Originally Posted by SubzeroPlainzero
    I've just tried the link and it seems to work fine, maybe it's just busy or somethin.
    Works for me too. tough if others have problems with the link, I'll look for a mirror download.

Default Re: broken xpak link

I don't know if anyone else is having the same problem but the link for Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool seems to be broken and displays this-

Warning: require_once(/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/totalwar/public_html/whatisthis/conf_global.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/totalwar/public_html/downloads/api/API.php on line 65

However after a veeeeerrrrryyyy long search I found it here- http://files.filefront.com/fileparse.../fileinfo.html
    the download is a pak creator tool but Vercingetorix's PAK extractor tool comes bundled along with it. Hope this helps cos I fractured my mind trying to find it. could i suggest that you put this link on the downloads section cos I bet a lot of new people have trouble with the broken one.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast