Thread: Diplomacy

Default Diplomacy

Is anyone interested in starting up a Diplomacy game? I'm sure it could be done over forums.

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Default Re: Diplomacy

Diplomacy?

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

Looks good, I'd host one if I didn't already have too much on my hands.
    *looks to reserve a place*

'My intelligence is not just insulted, it's looking for revenge with a gun and no mercy. ' - Frogbeastegg

SERA NIMIS VITA EST CRASTINA VIVE HODIE

The life of tomorrow is too late - live today!

I'd play
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Quintus Libo / Austria Member Glaucus's Avatar

I'd be in if someone orginizes.
    HBO Rome:
    Mark Anthony
    :I shall be a good Politican, even if it kills me... or anyone else for that matter.

This sounds pretty neat. I am reading about it now, but I don't think I have time. Looks like a good idea and highly relevant. Good idea for this game room ignoramus.

EDIT: What do I need to have in order to play?
    Last edited by Divinus Arma; 09-09-2006 at 05:46.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

You don't actually need the board game to play. I was thinking of running it, but I was also hoping to play.

Basically, you only need to know the rules(I know them, as I have the board game, but I'll post them here), and a few minutes of time each turn. Of course, the diplomatic side of the game can go on for as long as you have time.

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

I would certainly be interested, but will probably have to wait for the next game.

zombologist Senior Member doc_bean's Avatar

I don't have too much time right now and am already involved in two mafia games. Perhaps next time ?
    Yes, Iraq is peaceful. Go to sleep now. - Adrian II

Savior of Peasant Phill Member Silver Rusher's Avatar

Yeah, I would be inclined to agree with doc on this one. Still, it does look like a very fun and practical idea. I may change my mind later.
    THE GODFATHER, PART 2
    The Thread

It's an excellent idea, but we'll probably need a GM or some other form of referee.

I'm the referee, so there's no problem.

Looks like this thread isn't needed any more.