Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Samurai Warlords beta 8

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Samurai Warlords beta 8

I also think you guys should bring back the province thing you guys used to do on Sundays, I always had fun with that. but this time, you guys should do 1v1's and the winners keep fighting untill only 1 winner is left that Sunday, you know what I mean, then that person wins the province. Kinda Change from the team games and that, but just a idea for a little change :).

Blog Entries

Hey,

I'm extrmely embrass but.... How I shut off my AVG Anti Viurs?

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}KingWarman888
    Hey,

I'm extrmely embrass but.... How I shut off my AVG Anti Viurs?
    Right Click on the AVG icon in your taskbar>left click on Quit AVG control centre>click Yes
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan
    Right Click on the AVG icon in your taskbar>left click on Quit AVG control centre>click Yes
    Thanks Jochi.

I'm sitting here looking for something, and like "where the hell is it?" ;lol thanks

Blog Entries

No Soap. Don't know what's wrong.

Get this zip version of beta 8, but make sure you delete all the maps in \Battle\Maps before unzipping this to your MTW/VI game folder.
    SamWars-beta8.zip
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 06-05-2007 at 21:50.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Puzz3D
    Get this zip version of beta 8, but make sure you delete all the maps in \Battle\Maps before unzipping this to your MTW/VI game folder.
    SamWars-beta8.zip

kThanks Puzz

Blog Entries

SamWars-beta8.zip

What, in the VI folde Iguess?

Blog Entries

Puzz,

I like it, may just be enough for me to put down my MP5/SRAW on BF2 and my Level 6 W/NEO on GW to come back every Sunday....

but....

I log on fine, but when I click on host game, I have a CTD (Crash to Desktop). anyway to fix that m8?

I wonder if the mod is installed properly. Can you play a custom battle in SP?

Blog Entries

I wonder if the mod is installed properly. Can you play a custom battle in SP?

did I mention (no, I didn't,dummy me), that I still see beta 5 on my lists?is that normal?

Yea I can do it fine. Test game mabye?

Clan Takiyama Senior Member R'as al Ghul's Avatar

did I mention (no, I didn't,dummy me), that I still see beta 5 on my lists?is that normal?
    Hi Warman,

you're not supposed to install the beta_8 over a beta_5 install. Which is what you've done if you can still see a beta_5 era.
    I'd recommend to install beta_8 on a clean version of MTW/VI.

R'as

Singleplayer: Download beta_8
    Multiplayer: Download beta_5.All.in.1
    I'll build a mountain of corpses - Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf & Cub
    Sometimes standing up for your friends means killing a whole lot of people - Sin City, by Frank Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by R'as al Ghul
    Hi Warman,

you're not supposed to install the beta_8 over a beta_5 install. Which is what you've done if you can still see a beta_5 era.
    I'd recommend to install beta_8 on a clean version of MTW/VI.

R'as
    Hi Ras,

well I expected that when I sarw Beta 5 still in the SP campgain (which is cool btw, getting my ass kicked by Hojo), I'm like "Oh Shit.... That ain't good"

ok, so I just uninstall MTW/VI, reinstall them, and add Beta 8 by itself? I do that tomarrow

..fears no adversary Senior Member Jochi Khan's Avatar

ok, so I just uninstall MTW/VI, reinstall them, and add Beta 8 by itself? I do that tomarrow
    Don't forget to Patch 2.01 to VI before installing Beta 8
    R.I.P Great Warrior Ja mata TosaInu

sat at the..Nomad Alliance..campfire

Do your best and do it according to your own inner standard
    --call it conscience--
    not just according to society's knowledge and judgement of your deeds.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jochi Khan
    Don't forget to Patch 2.01 to VI before installing Beta 8
    Correct, me almost forgot!

Blog Entries

Would Anyone like Puzzz or Ras or anyone like to do a test game with me to test it out (since I shall install it tomarrow, Friday June 8th).?

Blog Entries

Now I can't even get it to work. I did what Puzz said, and I did extacly what I did before (and it worked before), and now it doesn't show up, and Beta 5 is still there, even though I uninstalled both VI and MTW, reinstalled them, and install the 2.01 patch. I am compelty dumbfounded of how to install this Mod.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gah! Hey guys, I saw the mod and thought it interesting so I tried to download it. Downloading went fine, but installation was frustrating. When it asked me which folder to install it to, it seemed like nothing was the "correct folder". Consequently, I couldn't install the mod. Help please?
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello greatherkhaan,

It wants to be installed into the main MTW VI folder. That install will become a total conversion, so if you also want to play vanilla MTW VI, you'll have to make a copy.

Game updates and even mods often peek in the registry to find out where the install is and suggest that in the installpath (some even insist on that :( ).

One needs to browse to the location with this installer.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Now I can't even get it to work. I did what Puzz said, and I did extacly what I did before (and it worked before), and now it doesn't show up, and Beta 5 is still there, even though I uninstalled both VI and MTW, reinstalled them, and install the 2.01 patch. I am compelty dumbfounded of how to install this Mod.
    Hello {BHC}KingWarman888,

The whole beta 5 install is there? Are you starting from a shortcut?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu

The whole beta 5 install is there? Are you starting from a shortcut?

No Tosu,starting from my VI disc.don't know why.

Just call me King, make it easier for you to type fyi.

No Tosu,starting from my VI disc.don't know why.

Just call me King, make it easier for you to type fyi.

Thank you.

Then you have installed beta5 in your regular installation copy? When you start from CD, it will launch the exe in that folder and beta5 will be used.

You should start the exe where you installed beta8.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Blog Entries

I guess I do, even though I un/reinstalled it.

I installed Beta 8 in the same place as I did before, like I said before, it worked the first time I installed it, then I had to unistalled it because of BEta 5 was screwing up my MP (that why I asked to push our games back) and I try to do it again and it won't work,yet beta 5 is still there.

Blog Entries

Yay, its working! Thanks, Tosa, although finding the browse option wasn't my problem. My problem, for some reason, was finding the total war folder. Anyways, just started up a campaign as the Azai clan, and currently struggling w/ finances. Perhaps I should have taken someone easier, like Uesugi?...

Anyways, I just thought I would make one more comment. That Kensai is insane! I tried him out in a custom battle and I couldn't believe my eyes. He chewed through an entire unit of warrior monks by himself! On top of that, he got 4 valour by the end of the battle. That's crazy that one guy can do that!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Quote Originally Posted by greaterkhaan
    Anyways, I just thought I would make one more comment. That Kensai is insane! I tried him out in a custom battle and I couldn't believe my eyes. He chewed through an entire unit of warrior monks by himself! On top of that, he got 4 valour by the end of the battle. That's crazy that one guy can do that!
    The kensai is too strong. Download the gnome editor, and unzip it to your MTW/VI folder. Run it, and load the STW_SP12_unit_prod.txt file from the main MTW/VI folder. Scroll to column 38 and change the MELEE_BONUS from 15 to 9. Save the file as the same name. This will tone down the kensai quite a lot.

I guess I do, even though I un/reinstalled it.

I installed Beta 8 in the same place as I did before, like I said before, it worked the first time I installed it, then I had to unistalled it because of BEta 5 was screwing up my MP (that why I asked to push our games back) and I try to do it again and it won't work,yet beta 5 is still there.
    After you uninstall mtw/vi, use the windows file manager to navigate to the mtw/vi folder and delete all the files there. Before deleting the files copy the \Savegames and \Logfiles folders to someplace else if you want to save them. Install MTW + VI + v2.01. Use the file manager to navigate to the mtw/vi folder and delete all the maps in \Battle\Maps including those in the \Battle\Maps\vikings folder. Unzip the beta 8 into the mtw/vi folder. The beta 8 should work.

If you want vanilla mtw/vi as well, then before installing beta 8 over mtw/vi use the file manager to create a new folder, and then copy the entire contents of the mtw/vi folder to that new folder. Unzip the beta 8 into that new mtw/vi folder. Using the file manager, right click on the Medieval_TW.EXE file in that new mtw/vi folder and select Create Shortcut. The beta 8 install might create this shortcut, but I don't remember. Rename the shortcut to whatever name you want. Copy the shortcut to your desktop. Right click the shortcut, and select properties. Leave a space and add -strictserver to the target line. Use the shortcut to start the beta 8 game. The auto run from the CD will start vanilla mtw/vi.

Quote Originally Posted by greaterkhaan
    Yay, its working! Thanks, Tosa, although finding the browse option wasn't my problem. My problem, for some reason, was finding the total war folder.
    Hello greaterkhaan,

Great you got it installed.

An idea to find the install is to use the search function of windows (Medieval_TW.exe).

You can also make a shortcut on the desktop (right mouse, drag, create shortcut).

Will you play the campaign or also custom battles?
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    Hello greaterkhaan,

Great you got it installed.

An idea to find the install is to use the search function of windows (Medieval_TW.exe).

You can also make a shortcut on the desktop (right mouse, drag, create shortcut).

Will you play the campaign or also custom battles?
    Thanks, Tosa! I'll be doing both. As much as I love campaigns, I usually like to do 'test runs' on units, seeing how they hold up in different situations. That way, I can better know how and when to use them in the campaign. Out of curiosity, why do you ask?

Blog Entries

Ok, a couple of comments so far. First, I do seem to be encountering a bug with my ship building, where the boat is popping out on the opposite side that the dock is on.

One more thing I've noticed. Its rather difficult to invade in this game. It seems as though every province I've tried to invade has had some kind of insane hill that the defenders park themselves on, even the provinces where the terrain is allegedly 'plains' or 'flatland'. Either I can try going around the hill, where my troops get slaughtered two to three at a time because I can't get my whole army around to fit in the area. Or I try to go up the hill and the army gets slaughtered wholesale. Similarly, I've found it rather too easy to defend, as I myself take such hills and the exact same result happens, only vice versa.

Blog Entries

After you uninstall mtw/vi, use the windows file manager to navigate to the mtw/vi folder and delete all the files there. Before deleting the files copy the \Savegames and \Logfiles folders to someplace else if you want to save them. Install MTW + VI + v2.01. Use the file manager to navigate to the mtw/vi folder and delete all the maps in \Battle\Maps including those in the \Battle\Maps\vikings folder. Unzip the beta 8 into the mtw/vi folder. The beta 8 should work.

If you want vanilla mtw/vi as well, then before installing beta 8 over mtw/vi use the file manager to create a new folder, and then copy the entire contents of the mtw/vi folder to that new folder. Unzip the beta 8 into that new mtw/vi folder. Using the file manager, right click on the Medieval_TW.EXE file in that new mtw/vi folder and select Create Shortcut. The beta 8 install might create this shortcut, but I don't remember. Rename the shortcut to whatever name you want. Copy the shortcut to your desktop. Right click the shortcut, and select properties. Leave a space and add -strictserver to the target line. Use the shortcut to start the beta 8 game. The auto run from the CD will start vanilla mtw/vi.
    ok, I try it this week then before Sunday :-)

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast