Thread: Imperial Campaign problem

Default Imperial Campaign problem

This might sound a bit strange, but when I try to start an imperial campaign (in Rome Total War patch 1.5), the game won't let me. I can setup the options and select the faction, but when I click on the arrow, it takes me back to the single player gametype selection screen. I've reinstalled twice in one day, deleted the entire Activision folder, and then reinstalled, all to no avail I tried to install RTR a couple times as well as a version of the punic wars mod. I've got the completed factions mod installed (which worked just fine on my last working install). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated because I can't play anything other than custom battles and the historic battles

Just your average Senior Member Warmaster Horus's Avatar
    Besancon, France: a stepping stone to greatness. I hope.

Default Re: Imperial Campaign problem

What factions did you try? Also, in the menus, does everyhting display correctly? No white spaces, or weird stuff like that? And, did you try the Prologue?
    I recommend you uninstall, CLEAN your DVD, reinstall and try again.
    Also, welcome to the Org!
    The Throne Room: "Less a forum, more a way of life." Econ21
    Don't hesitate to visit the Mead Hall! A little more reading, a little less shouting, please.
    Join the latest greatest installement of mafia games: Capo di Tutti Capi!
    Check out the Gahzette!
    By the by, are you interested in helping out the Gahzette? Think you could be a writer, reporting on the TW or Org community? Then check the Gahzette Thread or drop me a PM!

Back.

Thanks! The menus were fine, I tried the Roman factions, nothing worked, so I just ended up replacing the campaign_descr file with the original (finally found how to get the specific error to show up) and it works now with a different mod. It's just back to having the splash screen come up and nothing happen again :P (I know how to fix that tho).

[QUOTE=polleb]This might sound a bit strange, but when I try to start an imperial campaign (in Rome Total War patch 1.5), the game won't let me. I can setup the options and select the faction, but when I click on the arrow, it takes me back to the single player gametype selection screen. I've reinstalled twice in one day,/QUOTE]

funny i had the same trouble.... i then tried it with 1.3 & it still does the same (maybe theres corupt patch or two flyin around) I've been advised on another thread to try again on a clean install (had done some mods to allow me to play all factions) i'm wondering whether it had anything to do with my modded saved games that still appear after reload

just got 1.0 loaded at mo might try & remove any saved games & try 1.3 patch
    better get out in me jeep before i become a total strategy nerd......

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Yep, this problem happened to me many times, on RTW and M2TW the problem was msotly the same file.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by polleb
    This might sound a bit strange, but when I try to start an imperial campaign (in Rome Total War patch 1.5), the game won't let me. I can setup the options and select the faction, but when I click on the arrow, it takes me back to the single player gametype selection screen. I've reinstalled twice in one day, deleted the entire Activision folder, and then reinstalled, all to no avail I tried to install RTR a couple times as well as a version of the punic wars mod. I've got the completed factions mod installed (which worked just fine on my last working install). Any help at all would be greatly appreciated because I can't play anything other than custom battles and the historic battles
    Some solutions:

add show_err at the end of the Rome shortcut.
    ''C:/........./Activision/RomeTW.exe'' -show_err

It should give you some window message when you close RTW.If you have the error message, share with us.We can help you.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Hi,

I have the same problem.

I have Windows Vista, and installed patch 1.3 and patch 1.5.
    Then I wanted to start a new game and everything works, except for the Imperial Campaign. No matter what faction I click, it always redirects me to the Single Player menu.

Pretty irritating !!

This is the error I get:

If I count to line 38, this is what stands there:

Code:
    win_conditions
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    land_owner 20 100
    end_win_conditions
    I really don't have any idea how to fix this tbh.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

get the default desc_strat.txt and replace it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    get the default desc_strat.txt and replace it.
    Any way to get it without reinstalling the game all over again?
    And yes, I didn't make a back-up of the original but that's mainly because I've never before encountered problems with it.

Nevermind, I reinstalled the game and so far with only altering preferences it works.

Gonna change descrp.txt now, test it, make a back-up of my Rome map, patch it and test it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhand
    Nevermind, I reinstalled the game and so far with only altering preferences it works.

Gonna change descrp.txt now, test it, make a back-up of my Rome map, patch it and test it again.
    The patch did wierd during the install, so I'm playing the game unpatched.

Post Re: Imperial Campaign problem

Hi Rhand,
    You may want to edit the file after the installation of the patches. For some games there are issues with modded files and the installation of patches over the top of them. In addition, the patches probably overwrite/merge data with the old file, resulting in the prior changes being removed or corrupted.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Excuse Me I Could Not Start The Campaign Need Help PLS

Quote Originally Posted by JhudielTheOne View Post
    Excuse Me I Could Not Start The Campaign Need Help PLS
    Were you trying a normal campaign or did you mod to allow the nonplayable ones? In my experience, any one of those work, excepting the Senate and Rebel campaigns, those are hit or miss. That is the only thing I can think of at the moment, other than a possible change in the options dealing with performance.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare