Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

EB Getai player Member MoROmeTe's Avatar
    Campina, Romania, currently stationed in Bucharest, Romania

Default Re: Europa Barbarorum FAQ

I would not say "unfortunately" after all they have, with both factional and regional troops, one of the best and most diverse roosters in all of EB 1.0, from nice horse archers to tough heavy phalanxes...
    For my name is Legion...

I hate to beat a dead horse, but there's one thing that just doesn't seem clear to me. I've read all about the Pahlava reforms, and how they don't have really any prerequisites, nor are they really "reforms", but in my current Pahlava campaign, I've conquered Persepolis and several other very "civilized" towns. There's no Reformed Pastoralism in sight. All I get is the regulars, which means all I can recruit is the old Pantodopoi and a few levy hoplites. No horsemen, no Parthian Thureophoroi, nothing else. What am I doing wrong? What cities do I need to conquer? Help!
    And thanks ahead of time. It's a great mod.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

In fact, to have acces to the reformed pastoralism (and then to the Parthian Reformed Gvt) you need to build a lot of buildings which are required to unlock those ones. Here is the quote from the unofficial EB manual (still WIP):
    Unlike the other nomads, the Parthians can settle in their Homeland regions. To achieve this you first need to build the Reformed Pastoralism building.
    It is unlocked after building Military Occupation, Migration, Pastoralism, at least Warlord's Horse Herds, Settled Community and Nomad Market (the upgrade of Merchant). Once Reformed Pastoralism built you need to build Advanced Settlement and Settled Aristocracy to unlock the Parthian Reformed Government.
    Plz take note that is just my interpretation of the building tree I still need to test it in game before saying it is 100% sure.

Your Divine Intervention Member Snite's Avatar

A quick question about Triumphs:

I have a general with the Imperator, Conqueror of Carthago, and Prospective Triumphus traits and the descriptions seem to all point to one another, but I'm wondering if I still need to wait for an upgrade of the Prospective Triumphus to something more.

Do I?

Snite
    Ubi Libertas Habitat Ibi Nostra Patria Est: "Where Liberty Lives there is our Homeland"

Quote Originally Posted by Nikaïa's tyrannos
    In fact, to have acces to the reformed pastoralism (and then to the Parthian Reformed Gvt) you need to build a lot of buildings which are required to unlock those ones. Here is the quote from the unofficial EB manual (still WIP):

Plz take note that is just my interpretation of the building tree I still need to test it in game before saying it is 100% sure.
    Exactly right, you can go ahead and put it in the manual if you want. I tested it last night. Thanks a lot for the input.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snite
    A quick question about Triumphs:

I have a general with the Imperator, Conqueror of Carthago, and Prospective Triumphus traits and the descriptions seem to all point to one another, but I'm wondering if I still need to wait for an upgrade of the Prospective Triumphus to something more.

Do I?

Snite
    He has everything needed to get a Triumph, all he needs is for the Senate to approve it. Wait a couple turns and the trait should change and he can go back to Roma and get his Triumph (just don't enter the city until the Triumph trait says you should).

Your Divine Intervention Member Snite's Avatar

Thanks Marcus, I appreciate the help.

Snite
    Ubi Libertas Habitat Ibi Nostra Patria Est: "Where Liberty Lives there is our Homeland"

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

This may have been answered already,but please forgive me for not wanting to read through two years of posts for it.

Will EB work beside other mods already installed?

I hope I'm posting in the right place...
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanGlory198
    This may have been answered already,but please forgive me for not wanting to read through two years of posts for it.

Will EB work beside other mods already installed?

I hope I'm posting in the right place...
    EB works out of the "-mod" folder, so it does not replace any vanilla files. It does reference some vanilla files, however.

EB will work perfectly along-side mods that are also in a -mod folder, such as FATW and, IIRC, TIC. EB may work along many other mods even if not in the -mod folder, but there is a chance that those mods will change a file that EB references, thus not allowing EB to work.

It is sometimes hard to tell...

EB2 Baseless Conjecturer Member blacksnail's Avatar

Marcus, could we get something in here about the "ancient Greek looks weird" topic that keeps coming up?

Quote Originally Posted by blacksnail
    Marcus, could we get something in here about the "ancient Greek looks weird" topic that keeps coming up?
    I was thinking about what to write but between the fact I'm not an expert in the area and it is a volatile subject, I hadn't written anything yet. If someone else knows what to say, I'd appreciate it and copy/paste it into the FAQ...
    Otherwise, I'll try to add something later.

The Scourge of Rome Member Spartan198's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus
    EB works out of the "-mod" folder, so it does not replace any vanilla files. It does reference some vanilla files, however.

EB will work perfectly along-side mods that are also in a -mod folder, such as FATW and, IIRC, TIC. EB may work along many other mods even if not in the -mod folder, but there is a chance that those mods will change a file that EB references, thus not allowing EB to work.

It is sometimes hard to tell...
    Thanks,Marcus.
    My Greek Cavalry submod for RS 1.6a: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=368881

For Calvin and TosaInu, in a better place together, modding TW without the hassle of hardcoded limits. We miss you.

Member Member Achilles the last's Avatar

I have a problem when starting EB, there is a message which comes up saying "Error: Filename doesn't exist: eb/data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista_idle.CAS"
    Please remedy this problem, I would like to play eb badly.
    You learn to build high walls from your enemies, not your friends.
    -Byzaxis
    A big army is commanded the same way as a small one, it all matters in the organization.
    -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Achilles the last
    I have a problem when starting EB, there is a message which comes up saying "Error: Filename doesn't exist: eb/data/animations/engine/ballista/ballista_idle.CAS"
    Please remedy this problem, I would like to play eb badly.
    Please start a thread in the bugreport subforum, though only after checking the stickied threads in that subforum and trying out some of the suggestions, therein.

hey guys i don't know if this sounds dumb or not but how come i stop getting the "year in history" messages after 210bc or so

Because there are no more

Maybe in the next build

oh ok
    thnx

Macedonian Phalanx reform..

I love Macedon. I love them most of all because their awesome reformed phalanx. Thing is, I've played 3 games now with Macedon on 1.0, and I've only gotten reformed unit in 1 event...

Requirement was vanilla reform? This meant a huge city (upgraded and all I suppose) in Italy. So far I've had huge cities in Italy all the time but only once I got the unit. So what am I doing wrong? I'll outline the 3 games in short.

1st) I decided to take out Rome before it came a threat, thus launching an full scale invasion of Italy. Finally I had subdued it all, destroying the Romani. I colonised all of Italy and had many, many huge cities.

No reform came however.

2nd) I decided not to screw around with Romani on this one. I sticked to Greek peninsula, Thrace, Balkan and Western Minor Asia.

I got reform.

3rd) This game was going great, I decided not to do anything untill I got reforms to keep it interesting. I confined my empire to Greece and western Minor Asia. I did invade Southern Italy, conquered Tarente from Epirotes, and took also in a small war with Rome Rhegion and Messana. At the time the Epirotes had conquered Capua and the city next to it, with no help from me, I didn't intervene in any Italic politics afterwards, apart from capturing Segesta and Patavium from rebels, as I wanted some northern colonies for Gaul and Ligurian units.

Huge city finally developped (Rome seems kinda unaware of where to expand to...) in Rome (used spies to keep track). No reform...

What am I doing wrong in game 1 & 3?

Thx, GV
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.” J. Caesar

BAN-KAI!!!! Ichigo Kurosaki

Apparently, the reform only comes if a Roman faction builds the city. This is new info and I didn't realize this before. So, you'll have to let the Romans build a huge city. Beyond that, it will only work with Arpi, Capua, Arretium, or Ariminum being upgraded.

Well recently the Romani upgraded Rome to a huge city. Nothing happened though, and I'm talking about I think pretty much a year and a half later. Anyways, Epirotes captured Rome now, but I hope it will still happen in time
    "If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it.” J. Caesar

Rome won't trigger the reform.
    ...it will only work with Arpi, Capua, Arretium, or Ariminum...

Ah those bastards!!! Guess I'll just conquer Capua and stuff and upgrade it myself!

That won't do it either.
    ...the reform only comes if a Roman faction builds the city...

Hi, after reading through all 6 pages of this forum i couldn't find anything on the problem i have so i was hoping someone here could help me. ok so hers the problem when i play as the romans and i conquer a new province i cant build my factions mic but i can build the mic for the regional troops so i was wondering is there anything i can do to fix this or does this belong in the bug report forum? sorry but any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Viper2009
    Hi, after reading through all 6 pages of this forum i couldn't find anything on the problem i have so i was hoping someone here could help me. ok so hers the problem when i play as the romans and i conquer a new province i cant build my factions mic but i can build the mic for the regional troops so i was wondering is there anything i can do to fix this or does this belong in the bug report forum? sorry but any help will be greatly appreciated thanks
    You can only build Roman factional MICs in certain areas, which are based on the reform level (see the first post in this thread for details) and require Type1 governments before the Marian reform.

cool thanks for the help

Are the stats of Cohors Evocata still the same as of Cohors Reformata in EB 1.1, like it was in EB 1.0?

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Could we get brief descriptions of what the reforms do, along with how you get them in the first page? For example I can see the conditions of how to get the Saka reforms but what do they do? I mean specifically in terms of how do they change the unit roster. Do they get heavier horse? Better infantry?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

IIRC, the Saka reforms give the Saka Rauka access to indian units. To see which units just go to the EB webpage and check out units. I think they include all the indo-greek hoplites and indo-iranian cavalry and indian elephants.

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I mean a short descriptor for each faction. For example I know that the Polybian reform for the Romans means you lose leves and rorarii and get velites instead, your equites are improved slightly, and your hastati, principes and triarii all get better armour and improved morale (along with the former getting better swords). Marian reform means you lose pretty much all of the above, replaced with standardised principes-like troops.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast