Thread: Is it possible an era system?

Megas Domestikos Member AnthoniusII's Avatar

Default Is it possible an era system?

I mean an era system like RTR...In this great mod roman army changes and former types of units just simply don't exist.I think that's the way this mod should follow...for example in the 1st era 1071-1200 should not exist knight units whith semi partial plate armors...After 1200 a player should recruit only new type of wariors and so on.An other ex. are the sergeants.They are exist in the 1st era but in the 2nd there must be new types like men at arms....For byzantine empire a player could have katafraktoi in the 1st era but not in the 2nd or at least the 3rd.Pronoiaroi should take their place in the empire's unit roster.
    It is just an idea...

Default Re: Is it possible an era system?

As next step could an era system like RTR reform a hole faction?For example seljuc turks to reform to ottoman the year their sultan Osman comes to throne of the faction..I don't remember the exact year...sorry.In this event year this faction could change the name and the unit roster beeing more acurate and realistic.Other factions to reform after an event year could be egypt (to mameluk dynasties),khwresm empire (to timurids)and maybe the normans of the south italy.What is the team's opinion about this?

I posted something concerning factions reforming at your previouse civil war forum... but no one seemed interested. That would probably clash with actually playing a couple of these factions though...
    For his betrayal, his eyes were gouged out and molten lead poured in his ears...

Quote Originally Posted by \Vazul's Ghost/
    I posted something concerning factions reforming at your previouse civil war forum... but no one seemed interested. That would probably clash with actually playing a couple of these factions though...
    Yes I know but last week as I was reading about Timour Il Leng(Tamerlane) and his story I fount that he used west jakadai (north iran,ousbekistan,north afganistan)to kreate his state.Those territories in the past where part of other states espesialy the transoxiana and the khworesmian empire.He was a reformer not someone who came from nowhere...As a turkoman noble used the light cavalry of his people and the ex mongol garrisons,the heavy cavalry of transoxiana and from the iranian nobillity but for the first time in a central asian empire he used sarrabandars the heavily armored millitia of the iranian huge cities...No former empire in this area had a relible infantry before Tamerlane.

Member Member D. Afonso Henriques's Avatar

I believe that Anthonius and Vazul's Ghost, had a good idea. Though let's not forget that it should be left some room for the player to evolve is technology. After all the game doesn't has to be an exact history book, so that the player can't do much else besides what was already done.

Lightbulb Re: Is it possible an era system?

Going back to an earlier thead that is apart of MTR, by doing this in Era's you could use BKB's Super mod (from MTW1) as a roadmap for factions in ea. era; say yes you want the Latin Kingdom and the Kingdom of Jerusalem in one part and the Flemish in another or the Serbs, Croats and the Templar order in another, in an Era system it would be totally feasible to have a whole series of other factions (Lg and small)
    Blackadder:"Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?"

https://skender.be/supportdenmark/#CS

Yeah, it is possible. There is a discussion about it in the archive. I can't post a link because this is my first post. I'll post it next.

cool reforms and an era sytem would be really great!

An examble could be the sergeant-men at arms issue...In a faction's roster after 1300 or later sergeants must not be available...instad men at arms should come in the roster...The same way the roman armies reformed in RTR!
    Any way it is good to see my 1st loved mod alive again!!!!!!

An era system is perfectly possible. I was able to create a 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, and 1500 start points in my Total War Eras mod.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version