Thread: help getting on multiplayer

Default help getting on multiplayer

ok.. i bought MTW gold edition (which includes VI) a couple weeks ago and have been playing by my self until just a few days ago when i decided i wanna try the Multiplayer. I go on , login to game spy and found that no one was there so i decided to wonder why. When i was browsing the web i found out that i need to install v2.01 patch for VI. I downloaded it to my computer opened and it said that i don't have VI installed. I was surprised because i know for a fact that i have VI due to the fact that I'm able to play the viking era. What i want to know is have anyone ever had this problem? and if so then how do i fix it?

Thx

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

Default Re: help getting on multiplayer

For the Gold edition follow the instructions here: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...64#post1628064

CBR

im having same prob, dont know how to change the file, waiting ion MASAMUNE
    AggonyJudgee

ahh thx CBR i'm online now =D and judge PM me what's wrong and I'll try to help you.

Ah yeah just saw you in lobby and could see your hosted game too. Of course these days there are not that many players on the VI server.

CBR

gah i uninstalled my gold edition, and loade my new mtw disc and patch 1.1, then installed vi and 2.1 and now it starts to load and the crashes to desktop, gah,

think i will uninstall and try gold edition again
    AggonyJudgee

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge
    im having same prob, dont know how to change the file, waiting ion MASAMUNE
    I was on MSN most of the afternoon and evening last Saturday (and playing with the SW gang on VI Sunday afternoon--your evening, I believe). I saw you on on Saturday and messaged you fairly early, but didn't get a response until late in the day when I was AFK. When I returned, you were offline. I think we have a time zone challenge, as I'm the East USA and I believe you are in Europe or UK. By the time I get home in the evening it's rather late there. I've still been checking my MSN though. If we can't connect during the work week this week I'll look for you again on Saturday.
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

ok mate thanks, but here is my problem also on normal edieion and not gold edition lol ???? HELP

well i am having trouble instaling vi,

1. installed mtw and patch 1.1
    2. installed vi and patch 2.1

when i start game it loads up some and then crashes to desktop, could this be anything todo with my system, or just installed incorrectly to wrong path???

some one post correct path for me plaese

my system is

NF4 sli mobo
    2x geforce 7900's
    2 gig ram
    4000+ processor
    AggonyJudgee

You dont need to install patch 1.1. That is included in VI install. So just install MTW then VI and then apply 2.01 like the instructions.

CBR

Does the game crash to the desktop when the campaign map in Single Player tries to load? Mine does that--I am not able to play an SP campaign on MTW-VI or Samurai Warlords. I suspect this problem is caused by Nvidia video card drivers which are too new (lol). I read in a thread here somewhere that it is necessary with some Nvidia cards to load a certain set of older video drivers in order to play the MTW-VI campaign. I haven't found the thread yet, but I intend to track it down at some point when I feel like playing a VI or Samurai Warlords SP campaign.

Note that this problem does not affect my ability to play MP because I don't try to load the campaign map as in SP. At what point does your game crash when you run it? My suspicion is that you may have a similar problem with video card drivers, as you have two Nvidia cards.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CBR
    You dont need to install patch 1.1. That is included in VI install. So just install MTW then VI and then apply 2.01 like the instructions.

CBR
    Very true, and I believe if you do install the 1.1 patch, that there could be problems. At least that is my understanding from past reports.

After you uninstall your current attempt, and before you make another, defrag your hard drive to "be sure" you are getting a "trully fresh" install
    Last edited by Tomisama; 08-17-2007 at 12:13.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

hay guys, my game crashes b4 it even reaches the main menu ??????
    AggonyJudgee

Does the movie play? Try putting an empty file named skipcredits.txt in your main game folder so the opening movie is skipped, and see if that changes the point where the game crashes. My game crashed when the movie played at first (again, I think my problem is related to video drivers). I learned you can put this empty textfile in so that the movie is skipped. I did this, and it got me to the Main Menu (the movie was causing the initial crash). I could then get to the foyer and play MP. However, the crash still occurs when I tried to run a single player campaign.

If your goal is to play MP, perhaps getting past the movie will get you to the menu. If it does, then my guess is you'll be able to log into the foyer from there and be able to play, like I am now able to.
    Be intent on loyalty

misc kanryodo

U still having trouble Judgee? u on Vista or XP
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel