Thread: Do the huns ever settle?

Default Do the huns ever settle?

Hello I'm playing with the huns and they still have horde units. What condition do they have to cover?

Default Re: Do the huns ever settle?

The Huns have a sizeable empire at the start of the game...

MARMOREAM•RELINQUO•QUAM•LATERICIAM•ACCEPI

Seems a bit odd to me how the Huns are constantly a horde, even though (as Augustus mentioned) a he-uge empire! Also, when choosing which faction to play as it seems strange how instead of showing their lands the Huns have been given the Nomad Tent....odd innit?
    Brothers in Arms- A Legionaries AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...86#post1853386

I haven't played this version yet, but if its anything like the old vanilla version, then you'll have to occupy more than one settlement before the horde units automatically disband.

Quote Originally Posted by naydenivanov
    Hello I'm playing with the huns and they still have horde units. What condition do they have to cover?
    as Titus Pullo mentioned, you'd have to occupy more settlements to have the horde units disappear.
    @Long lost Caesar
    in earlier versions of IBFD the Huns were a horde (a huge horde albeit) but historically, by 410AD they already have a huge Empire (probably separated into an eastern and a western half, though; Attila would be the one to unite these two halves)
    The horde units for the Huns is designed as a sort of 'time bomb' for the Huns, they are a very powerful faction but the more they expand they lose the 'free' horde units and thus are under more economic pressure, since they have a very limited build tree they couldnb't really build 'econmomic' buildings so they should conquer 'civilized' lands to really prosper, but even then (unlike the Germans who have almost same limitation) as they occupy larger settlements, unrest becomes a problem for them. in a way they have to probably massacre their populations to keep themselves viable.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants

And if you want a purely modern "settled" go for Hungary.
    But yes, they were relatively settled in this time frame.
    Last edited by Olaf The Great; 06-07-2008 at 18:52.
    [COLOR="Black"]Jesus's real name was Inuyasha Yashua!
    Any computer made after 1985 has the storage capacity to house an evil spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluvius Camillus View Post
    What I'm showing here is that it doesn't matter how well trained or brave you are, no one can resist an elephant charge in the rear

~Fluvius