Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ::Alexander EB:: ALX.exe EB mod

Oh sorry my bad :)

Okay, I have three different folders for rtw mods. One contains normal rtw without anything, in one I had EB and one had normal rtw + alexander expansion.
    named: RTWEB RTWALX, RTWBI

Oh man, i'll curse my bad english... RTW EB contains normal rtw + EB and there is not Alexander folder at all (which contains all the stuff of alexander expansion) Game didn't work although I made those changes to target line + that other line.

Then I changed location of folder which contains mod EB to there where is stuff from Alexander + normal rtw. Then it started to work. (btw, It complained: File doesnt exist: alexander/data/models_unit/ALEX_Indian_porus_lod1.cas )

Sorry if you couldn't understand : )
    Finnish EB player

I understand, It's just that this BETA mod is made for vanilla install folders.. because some EB DMB files are loaded from vanilla alexander folder.. for finall EAEM beta ALX mod it will all be loaded form vanilla EB folder only so you wont have that problem again
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Alright, I've run couple of battles now and well, I'm impressed. Enemy really is doing something instead of waiting that I come and kill them.

Oh, and starting situation with Romani is too easy. Situation before was a lot better. Now romani has 6-7 Pedites Extraordinarii at Rome instead of just having those two small starting armies at north and south. Way too easy. Maybe you should give them tag "Easy" instead of that moderate...
    Finnish EB player

Quote Originally Posted by Paganist
    Alright, I've run couple of battles now and well, I'm impressed. Enemy really is doing something instead of waiting that I come and kill them.

Oh, and starting situation with Romani is too easy. Situation before was a lot better. Now romani has 6-7 Pedites Extraordinarii at Rome instead of just having those two small starting armies at north and south. Way too easy. Maybe you should give them tag "Easy" instead of that moderate...
    Will kill couple of those armies in Rome and closer... it's just that I did not manage to add those in C_script - but I added them in descr_start.txt ...

Will be tweaked for final..

Has someone put together a new EBBS that tones down the refresh of money and men so that the AI cannot just reinforce their half dead armies forever? As I understand it, this is what is keeping the AI from losing at all in their capital? It simply can't be taken in an auto-battle?

I just have one question... What is the reason behind commenting out all the triggers in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file?
    Help make developers understand the importance of game AI and earn credits as a Game Designer. The Restaurant Game Project

Sorry, but I forgot to mention one pretty important thing. I downloaded that mod, but there was no immortal trait in descr_character_trait.txt (Or whatever it is...). I had to add it there manually :P
    Finnish EB player

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Hunter
    Has someone put together a new EBBS that tones down the refresh of money and men so that the AI cannot just reinforce their half dead armies forever? As I understand it, this is what is keeping the AI from losing at all in their capital? It simply can't be taken in an auto-battle?
    We have one of the best money scripts in EB world (as you can see by playing it) LGK made it very very nice...

LGK posted this when he made the script

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

At last i got my EB and now begin to test it immediately. Made a few short runs with BI exe to note campaign flow there, then switched to alex, starting new campaign. Here are my observations.

Human player: Casse
    RomeTW-ALX.exe only (alex not installed)
    Difficulty: H/M (not fought many tac battles anyway)
    EBBS script: original, then changed (see below)
    Victory towns assigned: no
    descr_strat: "options +prebattle_night_battle_tickbox", NOT "options bi" (see below)

I confirm that AI factions have a tough time expanding, despite AI being more active in general under alex... It wasn't a prob in XGM, where rebels are weak and unscripted, but in EB many rebel towns eventually get half-stack garrisons full of golden chevrons... This doesn't mean that AI can't expand at all (Lusitans took Numantia in 255!), but smaller factions tend to stagnate most of the time, falling in dire debt under high upkeep rates and still reluctant to attack rebel cities.

Now i think that "difficult start help" (what a misnomer!) in EBBS (section 5a) isn't up to the task. Now, it gives 20000 mnai per year to all factions short of 5000 mnai, which is excessive for larger ones (not to mention makes pointless such things as naval blockades) and not enough for smaller factions (eg checked stagnating Pontos in 253 and found them losing over 7000 per turn - that's about 30000 per year, EB original script can't solve this). There is also per-city help in EBBS, but again, it's useless for smaller factions. Also i checked konny's and Davor's scripts and found it less than ideal... so here is my variant, applied in mid-campaign circa 250 with great effect.

It is divided in two parts for each faction:

1) This part will cover any debt as big as 65536 mnai (per turn)...

monitor_event FactionTurnStart FactionType romans_julii
    and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -32768
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 32768
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -16384
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 16384
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -8192
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 8192
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < -4096
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 4096
    end_monitor

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 0
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 4096
    end_monitor

...and leaves treasury within certain range (0-4095 mnai in this case) afterwards. One can get lesser values and even exact zero treasury continuing this pattern (note last 2 bonuses are equal and last bound is 0), but script becomes bloated soon and i don't think it's really necessary.

2) This part will help small factions only!

and not FactionIsLocal
    and Treasury < 5000
    and I_CompareCounter seasonCounter = 4
    if I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 5
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 5000
    end_if
    if I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 4
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 5000
    end_if
    if I_NumberOfSettlements romans_julii < 3
    console_command add_money romans_julii, 10000
    end_if
    end_monitor

It's nothing more than modified original EBBS section-5a script. It gives 20000 mnai per year if AI faction has only 1-2 cities, 10000 in case of 3 cities, and 5000 if 4 cities (i noticed that after gaining 3-4 regions AI factions finally can take care of themselves and perform well, but some further faction-specific tweaks are possible). Now human tactics of targeting AI economics makes some sense, at least when fighting large empires (we can always pretend that enemy resorts to desperate measures when he's reduced to last 2-3 regions).

Reloading game with new script variant had a couple of sleeping factions almost immediately awake and going on conquest (though i'm still worrying about gauls, still beaten by rebel garrisons). But, if script alone won't be enough, there are other possibilities, eg giving AI generals command traits vs rebels (not sure if they affect autocalc, though), in similar giving rebel generals negative traits vs neighbouring AI (thus making certain factions harder to take certain regions and leading to more historical expansion), aging some rebel generals, so they die early and garrisons come out... All such changes can take into account human player's faction proximity - luckily most edits then will affect campaign script and descr_strat, not the background script.

Also tried to destroy some factions (using auto_win cheat) - and all the pictures were shown with no probs (though text stated something about Romans rejoicing, despite the fact that destroyers were the seleucids).

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    I just have one question... What is the reason behind commenting out all the triggers in the export_descr_character_traits.txt file?
    It's because of the NightBattle effect you get and after some battles you win during the night you get +2 command at night and even +3 I think..
    It is a standard BI feature you can see it in BI folder - the triggers are needed because of the Night Effects

Quote Originally Posted by Paganist
    Sorry, but I forgot to mention one pretty important thing. I downloaded that mod, but there was no immortal trait in descr_character_trait.txt (Or whatever it is...). I had to add it there manually :P
    it's in eb/data/text/ ''export_VnVs.txt''

&#172;--------------------

{Immortal} Immortal

{Immortal_desc}
    Hidden immortal trait

{Immortal_effects_desc}
    No Effects

&#172;--------------------

and in eb/data/ ''export_descr_character_traits.txt''

;------------------------------------------
    Trait Immortal
    Characters family
    Hidden

Level Immortal
    Description Immortal_desc
    EffectsDescription Immortal_effects_desc
    Threshold 1

and in eb/data/ ''export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt''

Immortal
    Immortal_desc
    Immortal_effects_desc

Last edited by Maksimus; 02-14-2008 at 20:21.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus
    It's because of the NightBattle effect you get and after some battles you win during the night you get +2 command at night and even +3 I think..
    It is a standard BI feature you can see it in BI folder - the triggers are needed because of the Night Effects
    So you commented out all traits except the night battle ones just to test them?
    Help make developers understand the importance of game AI and earn credits as a Game Designer. The Restaurant Game Project

Quote Originally Posted by Gaias
    So you commented out all traits except the night battle ones just to test them?
    Nah.. I did not make myself clear.. all uncommented traits - are uncommented because they need to enable nightbattles and trigger events that add nighbatle capability to those generals that don't have nighbatle capability during the game - like in Barbarian Invasion (and the trait section is done so no changes are going to take place in the future )
    Last edited by Maksimus; 02-15-2008 at 15:23.

Default Re: ALEXANDER.exe with EB!

I'm a bit confused about this minimod, and have a few questions:

1. Which thread is your official thread?
    2. Is there a working version of the minimod?
    3. Has the minimod been finished already?
    4. Is there/will there be a full installer for the minimod (so that you don't have to manually change files yourself)?
    Thanks!

1 - This is the ALX Mod thread https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96135
    2 - Yes, It's the beta one (still, beta 2 will be out in days)
    3 - For the finall ''yes'' I will have to wait for some ALX EB members to say ''ok'', but all version of this minimod are save-game copmpatible (from this beta to another beta and all the way to the finall EB10 tweaks)
    4 - I think not for EB10 (but for EB11 we will be able to make it happen - and to tell you the truth, there is a number of players that like to know what part of the game is 'tweaked' so they can manually add other things, but bo matter that I think we will be able to push through official instaler in the future)

Aro those answers ok?

Yeah, thanks a lot for clearing those things up

MiniMe? I have sent you EDB data on PM - maybe your PMs are full?

I didnt know where to post this , and I choose this thread because its the only one that I found that uses Alexander TW , besides , I love EB and I want to try this mod.

hello , im a HUGE fan of EB ,but I have a problem :( , I cant install Alexander TW !!! , I downloaded it from Gamespot.com , and when I tried to install it , I got this error :

Mo prior installation of Rom Total War was found . This installation program will now terminate ..

wtf :( its doesnt even give me the chance to select a folder to install it ><

what can I do? help ? :(

One thing - If you can extract only the ALX.exe file you can use it (by that I mean targetng it through the EB.exe properties)

Second thing, installing RTW in a default folder is one step closer to use ALX.exe in a simple way, because if you use your own selected folder you might have some probs that can realy be outsided only if you have some more expirience in installing TW games... but I am sure you do so I will say the third one

The third one is the intall process ''step by step'' - this means: install RTW in a default folder, then patch it to 1,3 and then to 1,5 and only then install Alexander..

And the mod disscussion is in another thread - this is the thread that helps you use ALX.exe with vanilla EB only, the ALX EB mode is beta and an beta 2 will be out in a few days (it's just that I have it done but I am waithing for some other ALX EB members to do their part )

hope this helps

MiniMe? I have sent you EDB data on PM - maybe your PMs are full?
    Maksimus, right now due to hardware problems I can't ran and mod EB om my computer
    or even use my home PC
    Last edited by MiniMe; 02-26-2008 at 05:42.

Ok, I will upload the BETA 2 today and than will see

does anyone know where i can find the original loading screens and music for EB? i forgot to back em up, and i really like the old ones better.

edit: Oh but dont worry, I will upload new ones based on EB screen competitions in a matter of hours (you will like them I think)
    Last edited by Maksimus; 02-29-2008 at 08:00.

I have updated the main post!

BETA 2 is a realease candidate

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

can i get just the loading screens and music? or does anyone know where to find the original loading screens for EB?

.. well, I was going to upload them only and I will still it will take some time..
    they are about 55 mgb clear 7z.. so If you download the FULL mod you will have some very very nice LS's that are ''Community Sreen Competition Poll'' based

here is how they look now

Last edited by Maksimus; 03-03-2008 at 17:04.

.. well, I was going to upload them only and I will still it will take some time..
    they are about 55 mgb clear 7z.. so If you download the FULL mod you will have some very very nice LS's that are ''Community Sreen Competition Poll'' based
    i'm not really interested in testing out a beta just released. i'll wait 'til its fully finished and gone through a few rounds of debugging. wow, 55 mb. they look nice though.

the screens are about 38 mbg (but that is for about 70 screens).. I think I might upload only as in EB vaniall 33 and upload it (like the best looking ones )

And, this beta is only called that way becasue some ALXEB members are not around to say ''yes or no'' to the finall.. but I think there might be just a few more changes and that is it (and those are going to be ''start army'' changes due to a better balance)

I think that the finall might go out in a week I am not sure..

But if you follow this thread you can see when and why people have complaints (and that is very rare )

the screens are about 38 mbg (but that is for about 70 screens).. I think I might upload only as in EB vaniall 33 and upload it (like the best looking ones )

And, this beta is only called that way becasue some ALXEB members are not around to say ''yes or no'' to the finall.. but I think there might be just a few more changes and that is it (and those are going to be ''start army'' changes due to a better balance)

I think that the finall might go out in a week I am not sure..

But if you follow this thread you can see when and why people have complaints (and that is very rare )
    so... what all from alexander is going to be in the mod? i have alexander installed, but to be honest i havent even touched it. i only installed it because heard EB is so much better when running under alx.exe and has better ai. neither of which i've noticed much of a difference. also, attempting a surprise night attack option isn't available, although it appears. so the only real difference i've seen is dusk/dawn/night custom battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzifuge
    so... what all from alexander is going to be in the mod?

no, only the mod data

Quote Originally Posted by Danzifuge
    i have alexander installed, but to be honest i havent even touched it. i only installed it because heard EB is so much better when running under alx.exe and has better ai. neither of which i've noticed much of a difference. also, attempting a surprise night attack option isn't available, although it appears. so the only real difference i've seen is dusk/dawn/night custom battles.
    That is already explained, in the mod there are one (oldest FMember) per factions (two tops) that has ''NightBattleCapable 1'' trait.

In the ''transition files'' (those that you need to swich to ALX.exe on vanilla EB) - ''NightBattleCapable 1'' is not included in the ''descr_start.txt'' (It will for EB 11) so you need to have one good general so that the ''night box'' would be enabled - I saw that Pyrrhus is strong enough to have it without the night trait in vanilla EB - but if you are not playing Epeiros you need to make your general gain some stars so he could have the ability to fight at night.

ok

any chance you can upload those loading screens? they look awesome

Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast