Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Warhammer Campaign

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    Firstly empire has a lot of monsters(such as dragons,grifons and can add ogres)secondly,empire and dark elves have the only powerfull navy and Brettonia follows,also dark elves don't have so much well trained infantry,they can easily run away,and lastly,WOW,where did you found that picture of the steam tank?the grafics looks too much like M2TW,maybe i think it's from mark of chaos(some kind of modding work)
    Actually, that's an incorrect statement.
    High Elves, Dark Elves and Bretonnia have powerful navies. The Empire ships are amongst the crappiest of the whole warhammer world.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Default Re: Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Revan-Shan, are you on the mod team? you speak in definate terms about your ideas...

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Default Re: The Warhammer Campaign

"Actually, that's an incorrect statement.
    High Elves, Dark Elves and Bretonnia have powerful navies. The Empire ships are amongst the crappiest of the whole warhammer world."

i think(from what i have read).empire has i kind of strong navy simple because they have cannons and others don't.in the past,also brettonia had a kind cannons but in the new edition they have taken them out for reasons of chivalry,and so empire with the additon of dwarven support have on of the most powerfull navies that the empire should have
    "VAE VICTUS"

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : The Warhammer Campaign

Empire navy do not have canons and gunpowder weapons, while bretonnia one do. Yeah that's silly given that Bretonnia army do not use such weapons, but that's the fluff from Man o' War.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes in the old editions,whatever,i don't think that we will have to take it seriously that game.i think it's better to do it in our way.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Default Re: Re : The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Empire navy do not have canons and gunpowder weapons, while bretonnia one do. Yeah that's silly given that Bretonnia army do not use such weapons, but that's the fluff from Man o' War.
    This is probably reminiscence from 80s WFRP where Bretonia was kind of Louis XIVth decadent France. But later Brets changed into high-medieval Celtic knights.

Naval Powers of the Old World, in order;

1.DE have small raiding vessels and HUGE black arks (which can pwn every other ship in the game).
    HE have fast, light ships which are very seaworthy.

2. Empire/Tilea/Estalia have cannon galleons.
    Araby have less powerful copies of HE ships.

3. Dwarfs have a small, slow, expensive, but otherwise awesome navy (ironclad steamships)
    Brets have galleons.
    Chaos have norscan longboats.

4.Lizardmen have GIANT turtles.

5.Orcs/Ogres have rudimentary boats
    TK/VC have bone ships.

199,999,901,013. Skaven have rafts.
    Mod leader of Warhammer; Total War

there are also tunnels under the the ocean made by the lizerdmen but im not sure if you would be able to imploment this
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca

4.Lizardmen have GIANT turtles.
    Awwwwwwww yeah. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, yeah, Orcs are pretty capable of building some ramshackle *Yet devastating* boats I expect. Probably not trusty enough to sail across the great sea with, but hey, they're orcs, they're too stupid to think ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnashfang
    Awwwwwwww yeah. I couldn't resist.

Anyway, yeah, Orcs are pretty capable of building some ramshackle *Yet devastating* boats I expect. Probably not trusty enough to sail across the great sea with, but hey, they're orcs, they're too stupid to think ahead.
    If I remember correctly goblin warlord Grom the Paunch invaded Ulthuan, so he had to cross the ocean with his horde somehow.

Even though those rafts might be crappy, I bet there is a heapload of them :)

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    yes in the old editions,whatever,i don't think that we will have to take it seriously that game.i think it's better to do it in our way.
    Totally true, indeed, one battle made by prophessionals took place in an imperial ship.

Ande imperials have the better armada of them all. While elves have crapy little boats which fire a few arrows the empire has Galeons.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Default Re: Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Myrddraal
    Revan-Shan, are you on the mod team? you speak in definate terms about your ideas...
    No, I'm not but I try to help all I can. Have you noticed this: I've never said we are doing, I always say: this should/could be done, another good idea...

The thing is I've been playing warhammer since I am 10

SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

continue...

and so I have a lot of ideas for the mod, i' want it to be perfect.

Another thing, I made a mistake, Middenheim is not rebel, It's Mordheim the one that is rebel. Mordheim is in continuous strugle and Marienburg is independent from the empire.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Mordheim does not exist in the current Warhammer timeline, it was razed after the Great War against Chaos by Magnus the Pious.

Middenheim is a hugely prominent city in the Empire, and even have their own unique army list! (Released in an issue of White Dwarf.) However, for our purposes, they will be represented by the Knights of the White Wolf, a unique unit only trainable in the Middenland province.

Marienburg is indeed independent from the Empire. It's Warhammer's version of the early modern Dutch Republic, just with late-medieval renaissance culture.

As for navies:
    Man'O'War has been largely discredited from official Warhammer canon. A great way to take a look at the newest version of Warhammer navies is to browse what the people doing Warhammer Online are using, and pictures from army books. For example, in Warhammer Online, there is a hull of a late-medieval carrack that has been turned into a pub in the city of Altdorf-a small hint, but proof of a competent navy, unlike the trash they(The Empire) had in Man'o'war.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 11-20-2007 at 20:54.

HE navy pwns Empire. HE have had THOUSNDS OF YEARS to develp fastest, most powerful ships with anti-perssonel/flaming bolt throwers, awesome manouverability and speed, etc, etc.

The Imperial Navy, meanwhile, is rarely used if ever (where would they want to sail TO?) and has enough trouble keeping raiders and pirates from Norsca under control.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

On the contrary, Imperial explorers are all over Lustria, Araby, the southlands, et cetera... they trade with many other Human nations on a regular basis, and they need to patrol their coast somehow! High Elven ships are fast, but they are just galleys, primarily used for transport, ramming, and boarding combat. As for norse raiders, there are tons of them-the sheer number of barbaric tribes that descend from the north is absurd, the only reason the Empire isn't in constant land warfare with them is simply the result of a little buffer zone called Kislev. The Empire has trouble patrolling its own forests, mountains, and hills from chaotic infestation, due to the sheer amount of beastmen and barbarians.

High Elves have also had 1000's of years to develop everything else, and while their army is good, their technology isn't exactly 'advanced' in any sense - they just use what they have and use the best materials to make it. They have scalemail suits of armor, but made from Mithril. Elven forging pales in comparison to Dwarven armor, as well, though the dwarfs are a much younger race.

The Dark Elves on the other hand are less rigid in terms of military ingenuity-they use repeater crossbows, for example. Their navy is, bar none, the best in the world, and raids against Uthluan are relatively commonplace.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 11-20-2007 at 22:25.

I wouldn't count EXPLORERS as the navy; privateers at best. Their ships will likely be Tilean or Mairenburg not Imperial.

Agreed the DE are strongest navally though.

Shaidar Haran Senior Member SAM Site Champion Myrddraal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    Some frases (the ones that appear when the game is loading):
    This confused me a little. It's not a reproach, I was just checking

Default Re : Re: The Warhammer Campaign

civil war will be possible ,like in MTW?

Quote Originally Posted by Jubal_Barca
    I wouldn't count EXPLORERS as the navy; privateers at best. Their ships will likely be Tilean or Mairenburg not Imperial.

Agreed the DE are strongest navally though.
    Whatever people say the empire has the best navy, it has great galeons that destroy everyone', ships. The thing is that they are always being attacked by pirates. It's like the old Spanish navy, they were fearesome but they were attacked from all directions, they have the best navy but that's not enough. As you can see the empire is the best in everything, and also has the best navy.

Please excuse my ignorance if this is a stupid question. I have not modding knowledge, just a Warhammer fan.
    As far as the campaign map goes, upon modelling the birds-eye 'world' map, what is involved in modelling the actual 3D 'battle' maps. You know how if you are next to a hill and a river on the world map, you are fighting next to a hill and a river on the battle map. Are these maps automatically generated or is modelling an entire world landscape required?

I have been watching this mod for a while and with my first post would just like to congratulate Bwian and all the other modders on their billiant (and speedy) work! Look forward to the release when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean
    As far as the campaign map goes, upon modelling the birds-eye 'world' map, what is involved in modelling the actual 3D 'battle' maps. You know how if you are next to a hill and a river on the world map, you are fighting next to a hill and a river on the battle map. Are these maps automatically generated or is modelling an entire world landscape required?
    the campaign battle maps are aytomatically generated based on the map allthough for cutom battles you can create you own landscape

Half month ago I had this idea: Crusade of Good and Chaos Horde (crusade/Jihad). High Elves + The Empire + Bretonnia + Dwarves VS Chaos + Skavens + Orcs? + ?. The ?: I would be a good idea to make another faction to act as ally for Chaos, the beastmen for example. Other options: Tribes of Norsca and Demons. Demons is a strange army to see between the players of the table game but exists. Most likely thing to happen: no new faction and only Crusade of Good, no Chaos Horde.

Navy-wise, the Empire would probably have ships around the technology of the Mary Rose, tall ships with great firepower, but abit unbalanced and aren't the fastest.
    I would think the Empire doesn't have a particularly large professional navy however it probably has alot of armed merchant ships.
    The High Elves would be the best naval power, although I have no idea what their ships are like.

On the note of the uniting Chaos tribes, wouldn't it make more sense maybe for you to be one race of Chaos, perhaps the Norse or Kurgan against the other types.
    That way you can have afew settlements so you aren't spending your first 20 odd turns trying to afford a couple of units of troops.
    That would put most players off of playing them.
    The Empire would probably start off quite large, with the player having to improve his economy and army before being able to take the offensive.
    It should probably have enough troops on the border to allow an AI player to defend itself in the initial turns before things really hot up.

The Crusade of Good vs Evil sounds ok I guess, however it's vary rarely even the Good forces team up, let alone the 'Evil' forces.
    Most of the time in the epic campaigns where there are these 'teams', it's often only a couple of factions that are working together, with the rest either making the most of the destruction (Skaven), or just fighting because they like it (Orcs obviously).
    For instance, in the Storm of Chaos, it was mainly the Dwarves, Empire and the Brettonians fighting cohesively against the hordes of Chaos, with the High Elves taking pot shots and occasionally helping out.
    Meanwhile the Orcs were just fighting whoever they found, the Dark Elves were stealing slaves and lusting after eachother and attacking lizardmen.
    The idea of an Axis vs Allies situation in the Warhammer world is not really feasible as it rarely happens as cleanly as your suggesting.

Quote Originally Posted by messenger
    The idea of an Axis vs Allies situation in the Warhammer world is not really feasible as it rarely happens as cleanly as your suggesting.
    In almost every WH book and game there is a crusade. In Mark of Chaos for example Empire + High Elves + Duarves VS Chaos and Skavens.

And it would be somehow boring if the game didn't had crusades. Crusades make normal wars look crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Revan-Shan
    In almost every WH book and game there is a crusade. In Mark of Chaos for example Empire + High Elves + Dwarves VS Chaos and Skavens.

And it would be somehow boring if the game didn't had crusades. Crusades make normal wars look crap.
    Let's face it, Mark of Chaos was hardly the best game about anyway.
    Maybe there could be a few factions that can call on their allies for such a thing, like the Empire calling for aid and the Brettonians declaring an Errantry War.
    But I don't think the majority of the time that Crusades truly fit the Warhammer background.

I don't see crusades as being an essential part of hte Warhammer tabletop game. There was ample reason to fight just about anyone, and no need for a religious get together of factions against a common enemy.

Dwarves may have engaged in wars againts Elves, Orcs etc. because they hated them... but it's not really a crusade.
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    I don't see crusades as being an essential part of hte Warhammer tabletop game. There was ample reason to fight just about anyone, and no need for a religious get together of factions against a common enemy.

Dwarves may have engaged in wars againts Elves, Orcs etc. because they hated them... but it's not really a crusade.
    My point in much more understandable terms .

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian

I have to disagree the Empire and Britonia both crusade alot against Lizard men Araby and the TK.

Though the main reason crusades should be there is because they are fun. with crusades you create the army and send it on its way to the other side of the world, miles further than you would a standered attack force. Due the no upkeep rule, it means that the attack dosent cost you anything anymore like normal attacks do.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast