Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

I have installed 1.1.0.3 from the above link, and am getting the "please select an item from the list" error when I click on EB Main Campaign.

Additionally, when I exit the game, I get an error box in Windows saying that there's an error on line 31 column 1 of eb\data\world\maps\campaign\barabarian_invasion\descr_strat.txt

It says that it expected the start date there. If I move the start date up to that line and push the empty "unlockable" and "unplayable" sections down as necessary, then it tells me that the seleucids are not defined in the playable/unplayable/unlockable headers (error then occurs at line 1620, if it matters).

I also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling from the link on your website, in case it was different (it doesn't seem to be)--same problem.

I also tried reinstalling RTW->BI->EB1.0 from scratch... no good. It was a clean install before, anyway, so it should have been OK, but a reinstall didn't fix it.

Also, custom battles seem to be missing most or all faction-specific units. Merc and most or all regional units are there, though. Weird.

UPDATE:

OK, EB on 1.5 does work, though the custom battles are still missing all faction-specific troops (legionnaires of all sorts for Rome, most of the heavier troops for the Seleucids, etc.) *except* for the general's unit. This seems to be an EB problem in general, and not specific to EB for BI, so I'll look for help on that part elsewhere.

That leaves the inability to start new games with EB for BI, which remains. I have also discovered that I cannot continue games started in 1.5 from BI; it acts like it's loading, then dumps me back to the menu with no error message.
    Last edited by fallingcow; 12-19-2007 at 07:21.

Quote Originally Posted by fallingcow
    I have installed 1.1.0.3 from the above link, and am getting the "please select an item from the list" error when I click on EB Main Campaign.

Additionally, when I exit the game, I get an error box in Windows saying that there's an error on line 31 column 1 of eb\data\world\maps\campaign\barabarian_invasion\descr_strat.txt

It says that it expected the start date there. If I move the start date up to that line and push the empty "unlockable" and "unplayable" sections down as necessary, then it tells me that the seleucids are not defined in the playable/unplayable/unlockable headers (error then occurs at line 1620, if it matters).

I also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling from the link on your website, in case it was different (it doesn't seem to be)--same problem.

I also tried reinstalling RTW->BI->EB1.0 from scratch... no good. It was a clean install before, anyway, so it should have been OK, but a reinstall didn't fix it.

Also, custom battles seem to be missing most or all faction-specific units. Merc and most or all regional units are there, though. Weird.

UPDATE:

OK, EB on 1.5 does work, though the custom battles are still missing all faction-specific troops (legionnaires of all sorts for Rome, most of the heavier troops for the Seleucids, etc.) *except* for the general's unit. This seems to be an EB problem in general, and not specific to EB for BI, so I'll look for help on that part elsewhere.

That leaves the inability to start new games with EB for BI, which remains. I have also discovered that I cannot continue games started in 1.5 from BI; it acts like it's loading, then dumps me back to the menu with no error message.
    I've never seen this happen before. Have you previously tried to install EB on BI manually on your own, or have you any other mods installed?

The process should be:
    1) Install RTW
    2) Install BI
    3) Install BI Patch
    4) Install EB
    5) Install my patch.
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

I'm looking into merging permanent fixes into my mod as an additional option. It will take me some time though due to the holidays, so I'll keep you posted.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

great mod, i think.
    have a problem, the same as fallingcow
    installed RTW
    BI
    Patched BI to 1.6
    Installed EB
    Installed your mod
    Was EB supposed to be installed in the BI folder?

mmh, are you supposed to go like this?
    RTW
    RTW to 1.5
    BI
    BI to 1.6
    EB
    Your mod?

Another reason why your installation might screw up, is that the default installation folder for Rome Total War is:
    C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\
    (in the case of windows 64-bit it's something like C:\Program Files (x86)\Activision\Rome - Total War\). The installer assumes that you've installed it to this directory.

If you've installed RTW in another folder, you have to point this installer to that folder. DO NOT add the "data", "bi", or "eb" subdirectory. It just won't work.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Quote Originally Posted by fallingcow
    I have also discovered that I cannot continue games started in 1.5 from BI; it acts like it's loading, then dumps me back to the menu with no error message.
    You can't load RTW games into BI period, even if they're modded with EB. It's a different engine.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Okay, ive installed it exactly as told, and i still can't start a new campaign
    whenever i try to do so, i get this screen:
    https://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5269/shiteao8.png
    then when i quit the game, it gives me an error message with "error in line 18 in maps/base/descr_regions or sumthin like that, saying that it can't locate Adiabene

Got the exact same error Cozur, somehow the map doesn't seem to have been copied over or some such, as custom battles work fine.

Also I did a full reinstall to see if that was the problem and its not. Deleting rwn also does nothing.
    Last edited by Ano2; 12-31-2007 at 00:27.

I just tested two new campaigns, Arverni and Seleukia, and they both worked. Are you doing anything unusual, such as installing to a different directory or installing other mods. Are you guys running Windows Vista?
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

I've got it installed on a drive that's not the default, but otherwise the path is the same. It's installing to the right folder. I'm using WinXP SP2, and not using any other mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Cozur
    Okay, ive installed it exactly as told, and i still can't start a new campaign
    whenever i try to do so, i get this screen:
    https://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5269/shiteao8.png
    then when i quit the game, it gives me an error message with "error in line 18 in maps/base/descr_regions or sumthin like that, saying that it can't locate Adiabene

Try the following:
    change to folder %your RTW path%\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion
    locate descr_strat.txt
    open it with notepad
    change line 6 from "campaign imperial_campaign" to "campaign barbarian_invasion" (without the quotes)

that should do the trick.

Question Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Is it just me or does BI change the night time sky texture :S

Hi...
    I'm gonna try playing EB with BI from now on but i'm a little confused.
    1) do i need to uninstal my EB and RTW and reinstal it? becouse that takes a lot of time. and 2) i have Vista.... Will i have any problems? just want to know if it will work for me so id don't start unnistaling everything and finding out that i just waisted 2 hours for nothing

thanx
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

If you have a working EB installation, you don't need to re-install.
    Just use the EB for BI installer. It will copy the necessary files for usage with the BI executable and create a shortcut to start the game with.

When using Vista (with UAC on [which is standard]) you may have to run the game as administrator (right-click on icon and select "run as administrator"), but this is not different to standard EB.

Ok, i installed BI and the installer, but i don't see any difference in my menu or campaign... How do i know if the instalation worked?
    Europa Barbarorum Secretary

Just one question:

Is this mod compatible with the last permanent fixes (especially with the new rebellion CTD fix) ?

Quote Originally Posted by anubis88
    Ok, i installed BI and the installer, but i don't see any difference in my menu or campaign... How do i know if the instalation worked?
    After double-clicking on the new EB for BI icon, for a short time before the application changes to full screen you can see the title Barbarian Invasion in the task bar.
    You could also alt-tab out the Rome (might crash your game and look in the task manager for a process rometw-bi.exe.

The simple fact that you can start a campaign shows that you use the BI-exe successfully.

If you have selected the option "shield wall, swimming" etc. during install, during battle you will have a new icon for shield wall for some units. Also when right-clicking on a unit icon on campaign-map the unit description should show if the unit is shield-wall capable, swimming-capable etc.

Uhm... I'm actually playing with ALX.exe, do you know if the BI special abilities are compatible with it?

If so: can I mod the edu to add them and still load my old savegames?
    (from keravnos, for correctly recognizing the shield design of the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai as a hippocampus)

Barely a levy Member overweightninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunShadow
    Uhm... I'm actually playing with ALX.exe, do you know if the BI special abilities are compatible with it?

If so: can I mod the edu to add them and still load my old savegames?
    Check these threads for info on using alx.exe:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=94861
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96135

Cheers
    Last edited by overweightninja; 01-22-2008 at 01:13.

Looks like ALX doesn't include BI abilities... thanks anyway :)

(I'm actually using the mod from the first of those threads, but I had missed the second one)
    (from keravnos, for correctly recognizing the shield design of the Indohellenikoi Eugeneis Hoplitai as a hippocampus)

Quote Originally Posted by Theages
    Try the following:
    change to folder %your RTW path%\EB\Data\world\maps\campaign\barbarian_invasion
    locate descr_strat.txt
    open it with notepad
    change line 6 from "campaign imperial_campaign" to "campaign barbarian_invasion" (without the quotes)

that should do the trick.
    I had the same problem, and tried this . ..without any success. Any new ideas?

Edit: Also, I've been using the Barbarian Invasion for Europa Barbarorum shortcut. If I use the regular EB shortcut, while I run into the same problem, or be merely playing regular non-BI EB?
    Last edited by Gabeed; 03-02-2008 at 06:02.
    Balloons collected:
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Armenia, Vanilla BI Western Roman Empire and Berbers

What is the install order? Do you install EB 1.0 over a BI-Vanilla RTW then the patch, or what?

Join the Army: A Pontic AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=96984
    ...uh coptic mother****er:A Makuria Comedy AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...93#post1814493

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

1. Install RTW
    2. Patch RTW
    3. Install BI
    4. Patch BI
    5. Install EB
    6. Run the installer

In my case it was 1, 2, 5, 3, 4, 6 and it worked but the above would be the book recipé.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Actually, it would be:

1. Install RTW
    2. Install BI
    3. Patch BI
    4. Install EB
    5. Run Installer
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Thank you very much Ferromancer for creating this.

I am just playing Koinon Hellenon campaign and it's really great, I really appriciate the shield wall for my Spartan hoplites, and also (I have never played EB with barbarian invasion exe, before) those naval invasions are pretty sweet. In this my recent campaing I have reached the year 244BC and Cyprus was conquered and reconquered numerous times by Seleucids respective Ptoleis. And I also saw one failed naval invasion done by Romans on Corsica! And in all my previous EB campaigns which I played with standart RTW.exe there never was attempt by AI controlled factions to do naval invasion on islands.

Good stuff, thank you!
    Last edited by Bactron; 03-10-2008 at 19:36.

The Creator of Stories Member Parallel Pain's Avatar

1) Does the AI use ships to make landing assaults?
    2) How good is the AI compared to normal and Alexander?
    3) Is there religion?
    4) Is there loyalty with rebelling generals/towns going rebel?
    5) What's the order of installation if I also want to install AI formation mod and first cohort/elephant mod?
    6) Does the AI retrain?
    7) Is it save game compatable?
    Last edited by Parallel Pain; 03-20-2008 at 08:18.

I started a Makedonia campaign and i have took all of greece. the eporites owned only 1 city in italy. Few turns later I sent a spy to see how far the romans have expanded. I am SHOCKED to see that the eporites have All of southern italy. Is the cause im using BI with EB or is it just a VER Y VERY rare expansion by eporites in Italy?

BTW I love that they pushed the romans back to rome, very cool.
    Last edited by SuperGosc; 03-22-2008 at 19:12.

I tried to install this mod. No short cut was created when I installed it. Do I need to create one? What should I name the target ect? Thanks....
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

never mind. Figured it out, my bad...
    The History of the Getai AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=79451
    Star Haven: A fantasy AAR using Deus lo Vult
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=83098

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast