Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I AM BACK

Default I AM BACK

Weary after the festive struggle, a little battered after attempting to consume significant quantities of Jack Daniels finest, and then ending up catching a rather nasty stomach virus that had me firing from all available orifices..... Oh yes. I am BACK.

I still have a few threads to finaih reading and a few bits and pieces to tidy up in my install, but apart from that, I have begun a thorough review of what I have in the collection, what needs to be done, and where we stand on certain crucial decisions.

It's nice to see how popular and anticipated the mod still is, and how many fans have kept trading ideas and suggestions while I have been under the festive pressure, and it is good to see the mod is as healthy as it is.

To improve on that health, I have sketched out some really improved plans for the Chaos factions, and will be re-working some of the simpler units to fit with that plan. The map and campaign stuff is moving forward, and I have pretty much finalised how I will approach the build trees. I have some outline work done on the unit stats, and I have got myself back in the mood to mod

Any of the team actives making or doing, please drop me a PM and let me know what you have in the pipeline so I can add this in to the planning I have done. I'll give you more details on that through PM too if you are interested

Other than that... I had a Ghodawful Christmas, a drunken New Year and turn 40 next Wednesday ... still ... it's not all doom and gloom. For Christmas, my nearest and dearest purchased a new mouse for me. A Logitech MX Revolution no less. An absolute beauty of a rodent that will serve me well as the mod moves forward :D

Anyway...rambling aside...

2008 is the year we are going to go...

Totally Warhammer!
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Default Re: I AM BACK

Good to have you back, can't wait to see what you came up with.

Also, happy birthday for wednesday!!!

Fireblade

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

What you went?

None the less Good to have you back and happy birthday on wednesday
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome back
    and Happy birthday on Wednesday.

Happy Birthday! And sounds like things are gonna be looking up! 2008 will be awesome indeed!

nice to see you back and even better to know u are in the modding mood
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

Welcome back.

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

yes welcome back and happy birthday!!!!!i've been today in totalwar centre.com and i've seen that the voting has begun about mods,and the strange think is that i haven't seen nowhere warhammer,only alletun(you are talented indeed),is this strange or not?for the love of God,warhammer is one of the most popular mods and no one speaks of it,like they want to keep the mod dead.but you know what i think?all of them will see the majesty of the mod when it will be finished,they will see...............
    Last edited by alexader; 01-05-2008 at 11:12.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

Happy birthday (in a short while)
    Sent you a PM with a status report.

And about the rewards: i think we should all go vote for either GrumpyOldMan or KnightErrant. Without them Warhammer wouldn't exist!
    Personally i voted for KnightErrant (though it was a hard choice between him and GoM), since the tools and scripts he have released have enabled me to create my beloved greenskins. I wish i had two votes
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139260

Don´t you know that congratulating beforehand is bad luck?

Anyways, good to see you back Bwian, and hope you´ll have a great 40th birthday on wednesday, I´ll congratulate then.

Bwian probably had norovirus or whatever the hell that crazy disease is called.
    Bad luck old chum, nice to hear your back though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    Happy birthday (in a short while)
    Sent you a PM with a status report.

And about the rewards: i think we should all go vote for either GrumpyOldMan or KnightErrant. Without them Warhammer wouldn't exist!
    Personally i voted for KnightErrant (though it was a hard choice between him and GoM), since the tools and scripts he have released have enabled me to create my beloved greenskins. I wish i had two votes
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=139260
    I voted for you and KnightErrant and GOM... so don't worry I got yo back.

Welcome back.

And here is the welcoming comitee!
    http://df.warcry.com/images/full/20456.jpg

You like EB? Buy CA games.

I am whole again!

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Welcome back Spank. Oh this isn't for me?

Welcome back Bwian :D
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Prussian Musketeer Member Faenaris's Avatar

This might not be the best thread for it, but it beats creating a whole new one:

Anyone seen Bwian? He's a regular poster, yet I haven't seen some recent posts by him. Last login dated 15 January. Just curious where he went. If the team still has contact with Bwian, disregard this post.
    Signature by Atterdag

"Hunde, wollt ihr ewig leben?" ("Dogs, do you want to live forever?") - Frederick II of Prussia at the battle of Kolin when adressing his fleeing Prussian soldiers.

Patience, my friend :)
    This mod is a huge undertaking, and it will require both time and effort.
    Considering how much that already has been done, I doubt that anyone from the modding team just would bail out.

Say, Bwian, would you mind me advertising this mod on a large wc3 mod forum?

We have a large Medieval 2 fanbase, and I think we could get some good members, and feed-back from them.

I got a PM asking how things was going with the mod and thought i'd post the answer up here so everybody can see it:

Nope development havn't stopped, atleast not for the greenskins. Im working on a spider model for giant spiders (a unit that havn't been announced yet, expect some screenshots in a weeks time when i get the legs sorted out.).

Unfortunately i havn't heard from Bwian in over a month. The last time we spoke i gave him a status report on the greenskins, and everything seemed fine.
    Im sure bwian will be back at one point or another, and im just gonna keep working on the greenskins till he does.
    We should also remember that he had a very stressful christmas and a few weeks break can only better the mod in the long run.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

Hey, your name backwards is...

Wait a sec...

HAHAHAHAHAH I'VE DISCOVERED ALLETUN'S DARK SECRET

On topic:
    Bwain's around, I'm sure, but remember he works a lot, has a family to look after, et cetera. My guess is that he's swamped with work. On my side of things, I've just been poking around, fixing up Empire Militia, tweaking Reiksguard knights, and working on secret things.
    Last edited by Krazysigmarite; 02-10-2008 at 18:10.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite

Wait a sec...

On topic:
    Bwain's around, I'm sure, but remember he works a lot, has a family to look after, et cetera. My guess is that he's swamped with work. On my side of things, I've just been poking around, fixing up Empire Militia, tweaking Reiksguard knights, and working on secret things.
    Lol good catch

And there IS a Gratuitous Eye Candy Thread somewheres around here
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    Nope development havn't stopped, atleast not for the greenskins. Im working on a spider model for giant spiders (a unit that havn't been announced yet, expect some screenshots in a weeks time when i get the legs sorted out.)
    AAAAAAARSGHPLEFLUGDELSMNLROFYERBUGGERGIANTSPIDERS!

I remember somebody working on a giant spider for RTW, they made a wee video too, so I knew it was possible. Can't wait to see 'em.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

[QUOTE=Krazysigmarite]Hey, your name backwards is...

Wait a sec...

/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite

Wait a sec...

On topic:
    Are those secret things Elves?! The asur need you Krazy lad

Sorry Guys .... still alive...just, and still functional ...barely.

Due to some 'problems' at work, which resulted in the suspension and dismissal of my manager..and his manager... things have been a bit on the chaotic side here...and not in a good way!

We had some issues with missing paperwork, and someone decided it would be a good idea to make a signature appear on some forms without the actual person putting pen to paper ... or, as we prefer to call it ...fraud.

Anyway....that had a bad effect on the amount of work I have had to do, and the number of hours I have had to spend slaving over the company laptop..leaving me in no fit state to do anythign creative. Things are looking more positive now, and pending one of them appealing, things should start to get back to something approaching normal.

I am still keeping an eye on what is going on, and have amassed a pile of sketches and doodles and ideas in my filofax ... which is helping to keep me sane in meetings.... and hope to be translating ths into real stuff in the next few weeks.

I'd pack the job in right now if it weren't for the fact that I have bills to pay..
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

Good grief, that's certainly a worrying state of affairs! I'm glad everything's getting back to a degree of normalcy for you chief, here's hoping you get a chance to relax.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

The return of the King :)

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

it was been writen indeed that they will rise from their graves!!!!!
    "VAE VICTUS"

Ah, Master Bwain!

Allow me to introduce myself, Dreq-Kai, Lizardmen Advocate. Glad to see you are back and healthy sir!

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    Good grief, that's certainly a worrying state of affairs! I'm glad everything's getting back to a degree of normalcy for you chief, here's hoping you get a chance to relax.
    ^ Seconded.
    Glad to see you're okay. Had us going there for a while haha.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast