Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

i may continue to make meaningless alignment nonindicative comments if i remember my login credentials on my ipad.

if not see ya tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    i may continue to make meaningless alignment nonindicative comments if i remember my login credentials on my ipad.

if not see ya tomorrow.
    don't do it

i posted from ipad once and i have forever been posting from a mobile device

it'll happen to youuuuuuu

Good news

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos View Post
    i don't think anything sunbae's posted has been alignment indicative and i think it's kinda wack that he's copping townreads already
    but it's temmie

Let’s play mason/roleblock/kill

I’ll start

Dolby/csargo/ TBD but manasi for the laughs

what's it to ya? Member Ampharos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    but it's temmie
    well shit you may be onto something

mm

visor's prolly town

Hello,
    this got fairly active. I'll be here after catching up on the game I'm hosting.

la minette pâtissier Member Maple's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    i guess i’m just taken aback because i expected gh to be more chill regardless of alignment given this is supposed to be a chill game and it’s on his home turf and everything

i feel like we’re all *gestures* here and he’s like *gestures more* up there on the tryhardiness scale
    Reread this post in the context of its surrounding few posts

Lol

I'm fairly behind but some early thoughts.

I disagree with GH on Dolby, but not entirely. I think that Dolby going deeper and using previous games is within his town range, but the use and dependence on it should be questioned. I guess it's a good look for Esooa always.

Dya sounded forced in her sod interactions.
    Sunbae commenting on them being out of wolf range bothers me a little.

It might take me longer to catch up and play as I have some work in the afternoon, but I should be fairly active in the evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    i guess i’m just taken aback because i expected gh to be more chill regardless of alignment given this is supposed to be a chill game and it’s on his home turf and everything

i feel like we’re all *gestures* here and he’s like *gestures more* up there on the tryhardiness scale
    that's definitely towny considering wolf fatigue tho lol

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    The only game I've played with GH in recent times he was tryhardy. Is it bad is it good is it meh? It seemed like he was trying to be chill and then for whatever reason took off. It's weird to me.

I feel like GH overreacted to Dolby, I'm not sure if it's unreasonable for him to do that or not, since I didn't think Dolby's read was above scrutiny tbh.
    I don't like this read. The way it's phrased makes me think Csargo *should* realize that the reason GH likely decided to point out things so much was because he's town, and noticed those, lol. It doesn't seem like the conclusion "it's weird to me" was derived from the things Csargo wrote beforehand

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    Nothing super concrete

I liked ara so far, felt pretty natural
    Hally seems ok, don't expect her to target gh here as W/v
    Sunbae has seemed okay

That's about it
    why wouldn't they?

I came into this saying I wasn't going to get pocketed by the pogchamps and then immediately started townreading Hally and Ephemeral. Eph just feels super comfortable and I really liked Hally's "X Y and Z towncore with me?" post as well as their "Ara has rocks in her brain" post.

incidentally i have rocks in my brain

Ara might be a villager but I suck at reading Ara so I'm gonna ruminate on it for a bit.

The fact that GH is getting called tryhard is really funny to me because I think y'all's perspective of what tryharding is is super warped. I'm lightly townreading his current level of engagement with the thread with the caveat that I would feel really bad if he randed wolf again and might just be #wanting.

i have no wolfreads and i'm probably not posting much more tonight, get at me
    your Jill avi gives me a warm fuzzy feeling while I read your posts and I don't want to resist the feeling so ur town

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I'm fairly behind but some early thoughts.

I disagree with GH on Dolby, but not entirely. I think that Dolby going deeper and using previous games is within his town range, but the use and dependence on it should be questioned. I guess it's a good look for Esooa always.

Dya sounded forced in her sod interactions.
    Sunbae commenting on them being out of wolf range bothers me a little.

It might take me longer to catch up and play as I have some work in the afternoon, but I should be fairly active in the evening.
    Expand on why you think it's always a good look for esooa?

mm

visor's prolly town

I think GH, if town, has a solid grasp there. I agree that Dolby wouldn't tryhard so much to tr his partner as w. GH as wolf, that might be trickier, but I think he would try to use it to pocket Esooa.

Also, reads after 8 pages:
    town - Maple, Eph, Hally, Esooa (and I think I'm ride or die with these)
    meh - dya, monty, dolby, possibly Sunbae

GH could easily fit in meh too, if I happen to see townier dolby later on. Dolby's meta post on monty could be w/w.

Quote Originally Posted by Manasi View Post
    Hello.

I've read every post (hi GH).

I have also determined I have no reads.

Better luck tomorrow.
    manasi lock town

mm

visor's prolly town

Member thankful for this post:

Well Ampharos you are an odd fellow but I must say, you read a good villager.

Ok, GH is town but he's wrong about eph (probably).

Sunbae's vote on Dya makes me like him.

And I probably shouldn't read Csargo this early given my record, but I find him towny.

That leaves me with Monty, Dya and Dolby as top suspects.

Vote: Montomercy

I haven't read Ampharos yet and I gotta run. Also, Visor, Ara and some other folks haven't made a strong enough impression on me to sort them either way.

Well Ampharos you are an odd fellow but I must say, you read a good villager.
    "AMYYYY THERE'S A WOLF IN THE TOWNCORE"
    "No, mother, that's just a villager:)"

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    Ok, GH is town but he's wrong about eph (probably).

Sunbae's vote on Dya makes me like him.

And I probably shouldn't read Csargo this early given my record, but I find him towny.

That leaves me with Monty, Dya and Dolby as top suspects.

Vote: Montomercy

I haven't read Ampharos yet and I gotta run. Also, Visor, Ara and some other folks haven't made a strong enough impression on me to sort them either way.
    this post feels wolfy bronana?

Members thankful for this post (2):

I think gh's tone is much more relaxed this game than in rocks and team game. He's not afraid to use words like kinda when he types. I know, this is kind of a basic read but he felt really formal to me the last 2 games which got me on him early. just not seeing that here

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ColonelLubriderm View Post
    There is also a post from Montmorency where they ended with "4 mafia among us" and i wanted to reply to and quote that part but then repeating the phrase in various colors to emphasize that I think it reads as awkward and therefore mafia(not because it's mafia indicative but more because I've arbitrarily deemed it so) but since I have already screwed up posting a picture I don't feel like attempting and failing at this task so instead I've opted to describe it using 70 more words than necessary.

Now everyone knows i'm an eagles fan but I'd just like to give it up to the Dallas Cowboys. I know in the past I've hated them but I think they've really shown something admirable this past season and I just wish that my Eagles could show the same grit.

Now let me talk to you about the transatlantic pipeline and how it affects the migratory herding of the Sudanese mountain goat. Now let me explain the previous statement. People are going to skim this and think it is GH because of the avatar similarity. It tickles me to think that someone will skim this, read the above paragraph because I've spaced it out far from the others so the eye naturally catches it, and just the idea that for a brief moment someone will think this is GH praising the Dallas Cowboys tickles me to no end. What does this have to do with the first sentence of this paragraph you may ask? Why would anyone want to keep reading after that sentence and the fact that the first and last paragraphs are long enough for people to not read, prolongs the chance that people will keep thinking it is GH.
    '
    Shoutout to ladd for thinking that this account was Insaner pregame.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Maybe. pzelda (Capage) was caught pretty quickly the last two games I played with him (Generic Fantasy, here, and Red John, on the CFC section of MU), and at a glance his posts don't give me that same feeling yet. We'll see if this holds.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Member thankful for this post:

why?

If it's because I have a whole lot of townies, welp that's a crappy reason. If it's because I don't explain my reads, it's because I don't feel the need yet.
    I think my vote makes sense. Monty made several posts mostly referring to obscure GH meta and putting a vote on Hally without further investigating her. Feels like wolfy behaviour to me.

Expand on why you think it's always a good look for esooa?
    pokes pzelda

i don't think anything sunbae's posted has been alignment indicative and i think it's kinda wack that he's copping townreads already
    This is a good point from Amy, but it's not towny. Basically, I agree with it (I put Sunbae in townleans for his vote on dya, which feels good, but it's partially because of my own reads), but I could see wolf Amy trying to remove townies from wider towncore too. Like trying to cancel townreads on other players is a sound wolf tactic as you're always trying to keep the lynch pool big.

possible, but i think there's also a natural inclination to townread sunbae because he's a nice dude who writes nice posts that make you nod along

i just think it's too early to be making that call when he's also perfectly capable of faking it
    If I continue here, this is Sunbae's meta, not the way I perceive him this game.

i just think it's too early for [villagers to be reading villagers correctly]

Visor in agreement with Amy and then the two of them townreading each other throws me off. Either they're really good at mindmelding or this interaction includes a wolf or two.

pokes pzelda

Sorry, the response came without a quote in #377.

Page 13 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast