Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

Default Re: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

Edited for karma recycling. Save the planet.
    Last edited by The Lemongate; 07-08-2009 at 07:20.

Sweljuk Sultan Sweladin Member barcamartin's Avatar

' Ambassador, I guess my nation's attack surprised your's no more than your violent reaction to it surprises me. If we intended to surprise you, I assure you my Sultan would have played along, accepted your deals and then turned on you. As I understand it, the Sultan broke no deals actually in place.

Why talk when you have nothing important to say? Unlike you, I don't feel the need to constantly force myself and my ideas on the diplomats gathered here. I speak only when my words actually bring news, not meaningless rambling over past crimes, injustices and other petty politics you Romans seem to highly value.

You also seem to consider your and all other nations so much better than mine. Tell me, did we betray Georgia? No, there was no peace deal in place and they left the support of the Caliph and Islam by their own will. Did we betray Rome and the Franks during the first Jihad? No, it was called by the Caliph and our support of it was in no way hidden. The Shah is a complicated matter, but do not try to paint us up as the only criminals in that matter. You think you know more than you do, Roman. Not everything is made public in this court, not Seljuk actions nor those of other nations.

Lastly, concerning the territories given to the Avidids, they will be considered Romans in different colours. I assure you though, representative of the Avidid Caliph of Egypt, our war is not against you or your people. If your troops garrison and take command over the Roman holdings, you will be no more than his protectors, flagging new flags. If you protect the Roman Emperor and his men, you are no better than this enemy of Islam. Egyptian ambassador, your master's position on this is however most appreciated. I doubt this Roman is authorized to speak for your Caliph. You are more than welcome to contact the Sultan through me and my delegates. '
    The Great Seljuks, Winner of the "Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful" hotseat

Post Re: Court of the Caliph: BC Hotseat Council Thread

The Avidid ambassador raises a brow, but his face quickly returns to normal.

A private letter has already been sent to you, noble Seljuk, on these recent occurrences. We await only your reply.

Oh I shall abide by your wisdom O Seljuk wise man and I shall be silent and trouble you no more.

With that, the Roman ambassador and his entourage leave the Caliph's Court.

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Vizier Tariq rises to address the Court.

Praise be to Allah! Our exalted Caliph Sulayman has decided to bless the Seljuk war against the infidel Romans with the status of a jihad, and has committed Caliphate forces to support the Seljuqid war effort.

This season the mighty armies of Islam have recaptured the cities of Erzurum and Aleppo from the perfidious infidel - surely the beginning of a tide of victories that will see the Romans cast out of Syria and Anatolia for ever more!

The second Great Jihad has begun! May mighty Allah bestow his blessings upon the righteous armies of Islam, and grant them success in their noble struggle!
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 07-13-2009 at 02:21.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

The Avadid ambassador rises to speak.

Praise be to Allah, for He has blessed righteous jihad all across the earth.

Let it be known that our own jihadists, the cunning shock troops who last season invaded Qahira, have now invaded Bilbeis. The crusaders had stationed there their entire cavalry force for many miles-- nine full bands in all. They have all been put to the spear. Also, again, Qahira is taken.

He bows to the court.

My brothers, let me be brief; for I do not sing the praises of our empire, but those of Allah. In Africa, assassins now flow from the lower provinces. They have begun systematically targeting all Frankish spies there. In Egypt, our engineers have finished producing a squadron of mighty ballistae, which now roll to front. In our homelands, our shock troops continuously cripple Frankish forces. And in Luxor, our forces now officially outnumber the enemy.

I believe this war of attrition is finally coming to an end. In these times of great change, we have allied with the honorable Seljuks, and pray the future will usher in the dominance of a united Islamic state once again. Allah akbar!

He bows again and takes his seat.
    Last edited by Quirl; 07-13-2009 at 04:52.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

A fair skinned man enters the chamber, announcing himself in clear Arabic as the emissary of the Rajputs. He is obviously not a native Indian, but his papers are in order and he is admitted to the court under the auspices of the Rajput nation.

"Great Caliph, noble servants of the remaining empires of the east, I am Muhammed Aybarak, emissary of the Rajputs, formerly a diplomat in service to the Sultan of Ghor. I come to be the Maharaja's representative in Baghdad. I am the bearer of great news! The insult done to the Indian people by the Emirate of Oman at the time of the most recent betrayal of the Ghorid's vow of peace has been repaid in blood as the cities of Muscat and Sur have fallen to Rajput armies.

For any who have forgotten, the Omanis swore alliance with the Rajputs and yet when our people were assailed by their vassals the faithless Emirate of Oman chose to side with the Ghorids instead of standing true to their oaths. Their actions have not been forgotten nor forgiven, but all is not yet lost. Mine are a generous people. Let the leaders of Oman come forth and make a new vow of peace and they will be heard and given a second chance, even as the Ghorids before them.

For all others present the Maharaja sends his respect and best wishes. Dark days and rumors of war abound, but there can be peace and cooperation yet if we but do seek it together."

Bowing deeply to the Caliph the emissary then dusts off the old seat for the Rajputs and takes his place amongst the diplomats in the court.

The Avadid ambassador rises.

Let me be the first to welcome you to this court, lord Aybarak.

We are disheartened that both of our allies are engaged in a war with one another. We, too, hope for a resolution that will be fitting for the honor of both parties.

After the the new ambassador takes his seat, Quirl turns to the general court.

I have just received word of another great victory in Egypt. Gaza has been retaken and its two defending generals, Humphrey de Ibelia and Reginald de Chatillon, have been executed, along with almost a thousand other infidels in the city.

But if it is my place to ask, how goes our allies jihad in the north? I have heard rumors of much "heat" in the region, and I wish to report to my master the news of Allah's favor on his allies.

The Seljuk rises, bows to the Vizier and addresses the Avadid.

' Latest word from the Sultan is that Antioch has fallen to Caliphate forces, and Seljuk forces have pushed west, seizing Ikonium and numerous other settlements in central and northern Anatolia. The Jihad is clearly blessed by Allah. Together Seljuk and Caliphate armies will liberate Anatolia and rid it's war scourged lands of the vile influence of Rome. '
    The Great Seljuks, Winner of the "Broken Crescent: Commanders of the Faithful" hotseat

The Avadid ambassador is handed a letter from a scribe who walks in behind him. He is at first startled by the boy's sudden appearance. The scribe is not Avadid, but Quirl curiously accepts the letter regardless. After a few moments of reading what is on the paper, the Avadid ambassador fixes a harsh frown on the empty Omani chair across from him in the courtroom. Finally, he sighs, then rises.

Our allies, the Omanis, whose representatives are unable to attend today—and, indeed, have been unable to do so for some time now—have asked me to read two announcements.

He holds up the paper.

Firstly, Kerak has been taken by Omani forces. The Kingdom of Jerusalem lost nearly 1,000 men at the battle and the loss of such a powerful southern castle is certainly a severe blow to the infidel.

The Avadid ambassador seems pleased with this news, but his expression soon changes.

Secondly, Muscat has been retaken by Omani forces. The Rajput's expeditionary army that had been stationed there was completely wiped out. The Hindu Navy and Ghaznavid navy in Omani waters has also been destroyed.

The Avadid crumbles up the paper.

We are sorry to be the messengers of such ill news. Again, we pray for some resolution between our two allies. Though, let it also be known that we do not appreciate the Omanis putting us into such a position.

He bows to the new Rajput dignitary before once again taking his seat.
    Last edited by Quirl; 07-27-2009 at 21:20.

As usual, a tumbleweed can be seen blowing across the silent chambers of the Caliph. The Avidid emissary rises in the awkward silence, clearing his throat and preparing to make his announcement

I have just received word that our soldiers have recaptured Qahira, Damyut, and Bilbeis from the Frankish infidels.

I would also like to announce that the Avidids have joined the mighty Caliph's jihad against the Omani infidels, capturing Kerak and destroying the large Omani force there. We are sad that those we once called brothers are now our enemies, but we trust in the Caliph's wisdom and see the hindrance this nation would bring to a united Sunni nation. Allah Akbar. May holy jihad usher in such an age.

He takes his seat.

Vizier Tariq stands after a long period of silence. Although it is rumoured his master the Caliph Sulayman is suffering from the same affliction which claimed the lives of his predecessors, Tariq appears in fine fettle as he addresses the Court with a characteristic flourish of his hand.

Good sirs, the Caliph welcomes the Avidids to the cause of his righteous jihad against the heretics and infidels that plague the ummah.

May their swords remain sharp and their arrows fly swift and true to their targets!

The Second Great Jihad is indeed blessed by mighty Allah - this season the city of Suhar fell to the Caliph's Eastern Army, which continues its advance against the heretic Ibadis of Arabia.

In the West, the Caliph's Western Army captured Hama, defeating the large force of infidel crusaders garrisoned there. Victory against the Latins, long awaited, seems finally at hand.

Smiling after the announcement made by the Vizier, the Seljuk stands.

' These are wonderful news, Vizier. Our righteous cause is indeed blessed by Allah. In western Anatolia, Smyrna and Nicaea have fallen to Seljuk forces. Hundreds of Roman troops stood to defend these settlements, but the brave warriors of Seljukia were relentless in the name of the true faith. The Roman's puny attempts to retake their former lands were repelled, Nicomedia, Sinope and Laodicea are in our hands again. The warriors of Islam are finally cleansing our lands of the Christian invaders. '

After several more months of heated Jihad, the council discusses feverishly the rapidly changing events in the Middle East. Finally, the Avadid ambassador receives a letter and he reviews it momentarily before announcing it to the court.

My friends.... He begins.

Jerusalem... is retaken. The Infidel king and prince lie dead. And in the south, the last great Ethopian warlord, Zacharias the Mean, descendant of the Makurian infidels who resisted the first Jihads which swept through Egypt, is slain.

The man puts down the note, taking in the heavy air of the chamber.

The sky has been growing darker of late, the clouds a murky sanguine as the sun reflects off the torrents of blood we have unleashed onto the world. Plague, sword, and famine haunt these lands—devils we have fought so hard to subdue.

But I think now it is ending. The clouds grow brighter as they begin to rain once more, washing clean the blood we have spilled. And I can see the sun again in the sky. Its warmth gives me hope. Hope that what we have done here today will prevent such dark days from ever returning.

Today, we are no longer the Avadids. Such titles and bloodlines have divided us for far too long—and ours has died with the man. The Mamluk King was slain fighting the last great Crusader army in the East, lead by the infidel's prince at the final battle of Qahira. His rule has passed on to his son, Marsal the Watcher. It was the Mamluk King's final wish that after the war we dissolve as an independent nation, and become a part of this new Caliphate forming between the Seljuks and the Abassids. Marsal the Watcher has decided to honor the wishes of his father, and so we are this council's servants to command.

Please use us as your front line soldiers. Give us first taste of the infidel's blood. Let us be the first to carry the banner of this new Muslim dynasty to the battlefield. The will of Allah this council clearly carries, and so we will obey as we obey Al-'Ali, Himself. May we be worthy of such servitude to you...

He gets on his hands and knees, and bows low to the court.
    Last edited by Quirl; 08-20-2009 at 05:14.

The Vizier rises and with the back of an embroidered sleeve wipes away a tear which had been welling in the corner of one eye.

Bravo sir, bravo! A most moving speech indeed.

Long hath Egypt fought alone against the infidel crusader, and her victory is well deserved and surely blessed by mighty Allah himself!

We mourn the loss of the Avadid Sultan, and applaud his wisdom and good sense in committing his realm to the united cause of Islam.

The hour of the final victory of we righteous servants of Allah is surely now at hand!

The Vizier bows long and low to the Avadid delegation, before returning to his seat.

He cannot help but miss the Roman delegation and wonders what the proud Romans, the representatives of odious Baldwin, or even the long-fallen Turks would have made of this prolonged display of mutual back-slapping..
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 08-20-2009 at 08:16.

The doors slowly open, and a dusty and tired man enters. Looking around, he finds his Seljuk countyman at the table and marches to him. Handing him a bloody scroll, the messenger bows and leaves again. The ambassador rolls the scroll open, slightly disgusted by the dried blood, and lets out a delighted cheer when reading the words.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

' All assembled in this council, it is now clear that Allah has blessed his faithful servants! The Roman capital has fallen to Seljuk warriors! By blood and fire the city has been purged! Our men waded in blood before leaving the city to it's fate. Three words to the infidel: RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!! '

After screaming out the last three words in crazed ecstasy, he pumps his fist and sits back down.
    Last edited by barcamartin; 08-23-2009 at 20:06.

The Vizier looks discomfited and his face drains of blood at the gory news from Constantinople.

(Awww.... Finally the city that I postponed it's destruction has finally fallen.... This would be known as the Age of Merlox, as he tricked a full stack of Ayyubids from taking constantinople, and sinking The Ayyubid's best army, the best spies... the biggest fleet... and prince, while leaving... only the next turn, as he faked his Vassal ship...)
    Last edited by Merlox; 08-24-2009 at 05:09.

Caliph Sulayman enters the Court to a frenzy of drumming and a fanfare of trumpets.

He is magnificently attired in flowing emerald green robes, embroidered in gold thread with the design of the tree of life. Ghulam boys, also dressed in rich green fabric, scatter rose petals in his path and swing incense burners until the air in the Courtroom takes on an otherwordly fragrance.

Finally the entourage settles into place and the hubbub dies down. The Caliph's Grand Vizier Tariq bows low to his master and, his forehead pressed almost against the marble floor, glides backwards into the shadows.

The Caliph addresses the Court.

Leaders of the Faithful, Praise be to Allah the most gracious and benevolent!

The accursed plague has passed from these lands and the Armies of Islam have devastated all resistance in their path to reclaim the lands of Anatolia and the Levant from the infidel Romans and Franks.

The Great Mosque at Damascus, built by our Ummayad ancestors, is again in Islamic hands!

The faithful of Armenia and Georgia can live their lives under the protection of sharia law!

The mighty cities of Egypt are unmolested by Frankish Crusaders!

Now the gates of mighty Konstantinopolis herself have been breached, and her perfidious inhabitants put to the sword.

Our congratulations to our Seljuqid Brothers on their glorious conquest, which will live in the hearts of the ummah for all eternity. The storytellers will sing for generations of the might of Sultan Arshanslah and his glorious deeds.

A New Caliphate has arisen, as our illustrious Caliph An-Nasir once dreamed, and through our alliance with the Mighty Seljuks and the Wise and Powerful Ghaznavids we have achieved the restoration of our once-great nation, and the revival of Islamic civilisation across the world.

Now even the Mamluks of Egypt have flocked to our banner, may Allah be praised.

The call of the muezzin is heard from the Hellespont in the West, to Kabul in the East, and the faithful are free to live their righteous lives in peace and prosperity.

This day surely marks the dawn of a new Golden age of Islam, and we look forward to a long and lasting peace with our neighbours and Brothers in faith.

Allah-u Akbhar!
    Last edited by phonicsmonkey; 08-24-2009 at 13:34.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526