Thread: Too Heavy RULEs

Default Too Heavy RULEs

This is pretty far out there. No profanity, thru a youtube link? ("angry german kid plays.."

you know that angry german kid vid on youtube? i got a warning for that. either people here are not adults or this place is meant for kids. that vid, i dont even know what wrong with it

so tell me, whats with the rules? i find constantly the worst humor here (historical humor, british humor). what are you so scared of practically everyone here seems adult but this place is geared towards plaesing 5 y/olds

can u lighten up a curse word like "" isnt going to ruin the Org. yet I'd get warned & points for it.

This place is good for a boring discussion, news of the weird is great.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 03-06-2009 at 19:48.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

Default Re: Too Heavy RULEs

So are you actually TRYING to get banned here?

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think this probably belongs in the Backroom WT.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I think this probably belongs in the Backroom WT.
    So people wont read this?? adress my question why seamus cant take those two vids......

i seen worse in backroom vids.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 03-06-2009 at 19:53.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Whacker View Post
    So are you actually TRYING to get banned here?
    He believes that he is Goldstein.

Replace reference unperson Boyar Son with: Minibun Choco ration up 20 grams. Double plus good.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    EDIT: vids that were deleted ..
    Um, both those have a good bit of profanity - I'm guessing you didn't put any sort of warning on them?

CR
    Last edited by TosaInu; 03-06-2009 at 19:49.
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Forum Rules
    Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.
    So you are complaining about knowingly breaking the forum rules and getting warned for it?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

This is even more lame then when you posted sober in the Drunk thread.

Those videos have profanity in them and they are unfunny, much like your posts. If you care so much just leave there is a whole wide world out there where you will probably never see or hear about the org again.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Toh-GAH-koo-reh Member Togakure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Forum Rules

So you are complaining about knowingly breaking the forum rules and getting warned for it?
    He's even attempting to sidestep said disciplinary action by putting a link to an offensive video in his signature. Why is he still here?
    Be intent on loyalty
    While others aspire to perform meritorious services
    Concentrate on purity of intent
    While those around you are beset by egoism

misc kanryodo

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

IT has been stated that you must adhede to the intended age group rating, of PG-13, like some TW games. However, Tosa wants this place to be suitable for ANY Total War player, which means down to the age of seven. (according to him)

You link to a vid of swearing, counts as you swearing.

I linked to that vid myself, then remembered this was PG-13 and edited my link out. It is not suitable.

Change your sig, or it will be changed for you.

Clean up your act.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Post Re: Too Heavy RULEs

Boyar Son, sorry, but I'm going to have to ask, but do you deliberately go out of your way to be outrageous/controversial?

If so, I suggest you calm down - you cannot demand respect from people in this way. I suggest you think about the consequences of what you post before you post it - analyse the videos, decide whether they are suitable and whether they will fit the .Org's target audience or not. Give it five minutes thought and, if you think it is 100% suitable and is going to get commended, post it, if not don't. Bear in mind that the majority of the .Org is over the age of twenty and less mature humour will not usually appeal.

On a more official note, bad language of any kind is forbidden - some mods are more tolerant that others to milder words, but all kill the really bad stuff (what's in those videos essentially) - Backroom censorship is especially strong - one wrong word in one wrong place can cause anarchy.

Last edited by Omanes Alexandrapolites; 03-06-2009 at 09:19.
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    This is pretty far out there. No profanity, thru a youtube link? ("angry german kid plays.."

you know that angry german kid vid on youtube? i got a warning for that. either people here are not adults or this place is meant for kids. that vid, i dont even know what wrong with it

so tell me, whats with the rules? i find constantly the worst humor here (historical humor, british humor). what are you so scared of practically everyone here seems adult but this place is geared towards plaesing 5 y/olds
    I have fallen victim to forgetting what I consider too harsh of rules some times and gotten quite ticked off about it (things like saying damn or darn), but what you posted is pretty vulgar stuff (not to mention completely unfunny). I am an adult, and I do not want to see that crap. If you are going to link to something that you know somepeople will find offensive (or to something that you know people will not want their kids watching), put a warning like this on it:
    *WARNING: This is offensive, vulgar, and innappropriate material that does not even redeem itsself by being funny. *
    That way people would at least know what they are opening. I am sure that some people could find the humor in it funny, but that does not stop it from being offensive to others. By putting said link in your sig, you are deliberately breaking the board rules and trying to offend people.
    Don't let an internet forum make you act like a fool, it is not worth it. If you really think that you cannot live within the confines of the rules, then take a hike and stop posting here, or only post material that is within board rules.
    Last edited by TosaInu; 03-06-2009 at 19:49.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I don't want to dogpile on top of Boyar Son, someone I've never had a problem with.

I would suggest however that even in the face of a perceived injustice, politeness and calmness goes a long way. I personally have no problem with adult language but excessive amounts of it is offensive to people. Much like a comedian who tells nothing but jokes about Chinese people (not being Chinese himself) it's usually in poor taste and can be considered offensive, but to be fair, Chris Rock makes fun of white people. It's just that, say you found Chris Rock's humor offensive, and started a club in the afternoons where you wanted a break from that stuff. Then someone comes in with a recording of what is objectively racist material from Chris Rock, blaring it loudly. Seeing as it is your club, you have a right to ask them to stop, even though they have freedom of speech.

The ORG I believe is a lot like that. You can say "damn" and so forth in real life and in most places, but if you enter a place which is managed by someone other than yourself or owned by someone other than yourself, they have a right to explain what you are not allowed to do there, and if you violate those terms, you can be asked to leave. If heavy cursing is offensive to many (and it is, I find cursing for its own sake to be very unfunny) and the moderators of a forum deem it to be too offensive to be a positive influence on the majority of us, they have a right to ask you to stop, and if you fail, they have a right to delete it.

I reiterate that this forum is among the fairest and most tolerant places I've ever had the fortune of spending my time in, and that even grievances which may not be worded in the most delicate sense are heard. You'd have a hard time finding a more tolerant environment.

I won't ask you to let it go, as it appears to be very important to you, but I suggest that a short break to ease the tension, followed by a return with a clear head, would do wonders for your case, Boyar Son.

#Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

I have something else on the agenda for this morning and I'm not going to rush into this right now. But I prefer to have a normal conversation. Please check your signature again Boyar Son.
    Ja mata

TosaInu

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    I don't want to dogpile on top of Boyar Son, someone I've never had a problem with.

I would suggest however that even in the face of a perceived injustice, politeness and calmness goes a long way. I personally have no problem with adult language but excessive amounts of it is offensive to people. Much like a comedian who tells nothing but jokes about Chinese people (not being Chinese himself) it's usually in poor taste and can be considered offensive, but to be fair, Chris Rock makes fun of white people. It's just that, say you found Chris Rock's humor offensive, and started a club in the afternoons where you wanted a break from that stuff. Then someone comes in with a recording of what is objectively racist material from Chris Rock, blaring it loudly. Seeing as it is your club, you have a right to ask them to stop, even though they have freedom of speech.

The ORG I believe is a lot like that. You can say "damn" and so forth in real life and in most places, but if you enter a place which is managed by someone other than yourself or owned by someone other than yourself, they have a right to explain what you are not allowed to do there, and if you violate those terms, you can be asked to leave. If heavy cursing is offensive to many (and it is, I find cursing for its own sake to be very unfunny) and the moderators of a forum deem it to be too offensive to be a positive influence on the majority of us, they have a right to ask you to stop, and if you fail, they have a right to delete it.

I reiterate that this forum is among the fairest and most tolerant places I've ever had the fortune of spending my time in, and that even grievances which may not be worded in the most delicate sense are heard. You'd have a hard time finding a more tolerant environment.

I won't ask you to let it go, as it appears to be very important to you, but I suggest that a short break to ease the tension, followed by a return with a clear head, would do wonders for your case, Boyar Son.

I once got pinged by the Axeman for posting something that was within the letter of the rules, but was certainly not within its spirit. I didn't complain about it, but accepted I was wrong for pushing the boundaries, served out my time, and learned not to do it again. The org is a private forum, and I'm a guest here, so I have to behave, or else I should keep away. Simple really.

Nur-ad-Din Forum Administrator TosaInu's Avatar

Hello,

Sorry guys, I had to edit some quoted posts too, no problem from here.

Boyar Son. You go over the line with your reaction here. You get till this Monday to send a very good apology to Seamus Fermanagh. Your profile, signature and all that is locked by me. I'll unlock it when you cool down.

I look forward to your PM's.
    Ja mata

TosaInu