Thread: Voicemods in EB2

Question Voicemods in EB2

I wonder what new voicemods there will be in EB2? I hope for one for Hayasdan and one of the steppe factions.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Default Re: Voicemods in EB2

I like your name, lenin!

Anyway, can EB II reuse the old EB I voicemods? They are just sound files, which can be reapplied to EB II units. Right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aemilius Paulus View Post
    I like your name, lenin!
    I want to have facial hair like Trotsky

I would really, really like to see an Etruscan voice mod; but I guess I'll satisfy for Latin.

Smile Re: Voicemods in EB2

I like your name, lenin!

Anyway, can EB II reuse the old EB I voicemods? They are just sound files, which can be reapplied to EB II units. Right?
    Thanks. Yeah they will probaly reuse the existing voicemods, I asked on the faq if there will be more, and they said yes and as they make them they will release them for EB1 as well
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Smile Re: Voicemods in EB2

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    I want to have facial hair like Trotsky

I would really, really like to see an Etruscan voice mod; but I guess I'll satisfy for Latin.
    I want to have facial hair like Trotsky to! The problem in an etrucan voicemod in EB is that the etruscans are under the control of the romans at the start of the game, and then no faction could use it.

Anyway, can EB II reuse the old EB I voicemods?
    Partly.

They are just sound files
    Nope, text files which contronl among other things how the sound files *must* be named, what sound files *can* be played and when/if they will.

, which can be reapplied to EB II units.
    Partly.

Right?
    Not entirely because it is not certain the 'unit footprint' of EB 1 will be carried over to EB 2 in its entirety without modification: if an internal unit name changes that incurs work because the file has to be renamed, if the external name (what you see on its description) changes that incurs more work because the file must be re-made, if the unit gets dropped altogether so does the file, and if new units appear then new files will have to as well.

Excluding the work needed on text files.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.