Thread: Mongol Invasion Patch 1.02?

Default Mongol Invasion Patch 1.02?

I just reinstalled STW MI on my vista PC (works in compatability mode) but I cannot find a copy of the patch 1.02 anywhere. Gamershell is indicating that it is not available. I checked my old pc but I do not seem to have kept a copy of the original installation file.

does anyone have a working link that I can download?

I am not sure I should trust a no cd crack version so I have stayed away from those.

Default Re: Mongol Invasion Patch 1.02?

Patches for STW and STW/MI/WE can be found here on the Mizus' Server: http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/Patches/

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    Patches for STW and STW/MI/WE can be found here on the Mizus' Server: http://www.mizus.com/files/files/STW_WE/Patches/

Great thanks! I found another thread where that location was provided but the link wasn't working right.

Pleasing the Fates Senior Member A Nerd's Avatar

Are there any patches for STW/MI or are they just for STW without any expansion? The descriptions of the website you provided didn't differentiate.
    Silence is beautiful

The first ten zip files are various STW v1.11/v1.12 patches for different language versions. All of these are for original STW.

The next 7 are STW/MI/WE patches. ShogunM* patches are for Mongol Invasion, ShogunW* patches are for Warlord Edition.

Not there is actually no difference between the "ShogunW.exe" and "ShogunM.exe" binaries.

Last edited by caravel; 08-01-2010 at 21:30.

Thanks! Are they in English or will I have to find the right one?
    Silence is beautiful

I use the "Euro" patch, I'm not entirely sure which patch you would use in the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Asai Nagamasa View Post
    I use the "Euro" patch, I'm not entirely sure which patch you would use in the US?
    In US we would use the Euro patches too.

Great links, thanks alot! Downloading now...
    Silence is beautiful

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

I've got the "Gold Edition" (off Amazon, packaging indicates it's a UK version), which shows v1.00 from a fresh install. It's got the ShogunM.exe, so I take it I need the Mongol Invasion v1.02 patch?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

Not familiar with it, but the Gold Edition should already be patched to 1.02?

That's what I thought as well. It's a strange box, from SoldOut Software/Mastertronic, with Sega labeling. Has the Mongol Invasion campaign, but the version shows as 1.00 in the main menu.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

I have STW + MI patched up to 1.02 and the version number also shows up as v1.00 - it's a bug. To check you're up to date, start a custom battle and skip through to the map selection. Ensure you have the Togakushi and "Ironing Board" maps. If so then you're up to date.

Those maps do show up, so I guess I'm up to date. Thanks!

I played the game today, my first time playing with a patch. Been playing since 2001, but never with the patch. Does this patch up the AIs tactical ability, or have I just been away from the STW AI for too long?

The battle was in Tosa. I had 3 YA, 1 SA, 1 YC, and my 4 star Diaymo. The ronin had 2 ND, 1 YS, 1 SA, 1 YA. I had about 4-8 men more than the ronin and the ronin general was -1 or 0 honor. The AI hid in the woods so my SA were worthless against his ND, his archers hit my archers as I vainly tried to hit the ND in the woods. I attacked the ND from two sides with my 3 YS, held my DIaymo outside the woods but near enough to provide a morale boost. My YC was to the south of the woods waiting to get some routers (I thought there would be routers). My YS were getting spanked, and while I watched this unfold, the AI snuck out the YA and spanked my YC before I noticed what he was doing. My army soon routed and I gave up in quite a state! Now what I want to know is: Do I just stink? Is the AI better in the patch? Or have I been away from STW too long? I played forever when STW was new and I don't recall getting my bum handed to me so easily before! I just wanted to tell this sad story! Poor, poor Shimazu! I am playing on normal difficulty too if you can beleive that!!?
    Silence is beautiful

I believe some stat balancing occurred between v1.00 and v1.02, but don't quote me on that. Also the hidden units and reinforcements bugs were fixed IIRC.

Oh, I see. So A Nerd is just the worst STW player of all time! I guess I can't blame it on the patch anymore! :)
    Silence is beautiful

Patch 1.02 was mostly about unit stat balance. It was beta-tested by members of the MP community back then.

Multiplayer

1) Multiplayer morale has been changed back to the settings as in the
    original Shogun: Total War release. No longer does your army have a morale boost
    to start with. The multiplayer is now more challenging and it’s easier to rout
    the enemy.
    2) It is now possible to play Mongol Vs Mongol and Early Japanese Vs Early
    Japanese games (4 players maximum per faction with up to 8 players in total per
    game).
    3) Upgrade costs for weapons and armor have increased slightly.
    4) Warrior Monks, Korean Guardsmen, Mongol Light Cavalry, Musketeers and
    Mongol Heavy Cavalry are more expensive in multiplayer to balance their
    abilities.
    5) Unit sizes have been reviewed to improve balancing.
    6) Minimum multiplayer game time is now 10 minutes.

General

1) Hidden units cannot be seen by attacking units (apart from the general's
    unit).
    2) Troop fatigue and march speed control has been improved.
    3) Reinforcement start points have been reviewed to enhance realism.
    4) A series of code fixes have been made to improve stability.
    5) A few minor text improvements have been implemented (Japanese only). These
    are found in Gold.zip.

The Order of Kenchikuka

Thanks for the info!

A Nerd is the worst STW player of all time!
    :(
    Silence is beautiful

Quote Originally Posted by A Nerd View Post
    The battle was in Tosa. I had 3 YA, 1 SA, 1 YC, and my 4 star Diaymo. The ronin had 2 ND, 1 YS, 1 SA, 1 YA. I had about 4-8 men more than the ronin and the ronin general was -1 or 0 honor. The AI hid in the woods so my SA were worthless against his ND, his archers hit my archers as I vainly tried to hit the ND in the woods. I attacked the ND from two sides with my 3 YS, held my DIaymo outside the woods but near enough to provide a morale boost. My YC was to the south of the woods waiting to get some routers (I thought there would be routers). My YS were getting spanked, and while I watched this unfold, the AI snuck out the YA and spanked my YC before I noticed what he was doing. My army soon routed and I gave up in quite a state! Now what I want to know is: Do I just stink? Is the AI better in the patch? Or have I been away from STW too long? I played forever when STW was new and I don't recall getting my bum handed to me so easily before! I just wanted to tell this sad story! Poor, poor Shimazu! I am playing on normal difficulty too if you can beleive that!!?
    Did you have Yari Ashigaru, or Yari Samurai? Your after-action report is inconsitent with your order of battle.

Sorry. I had Yari Samurai. I haven't had a swordsman event yet so no ND of my own. Haven't built a Buddhist temple yet either. I think I should have attacked with more infantry. Perhaps in the next battle?
    Silence is beautiful

Good lord you stink these things happen Mr Nerd, take it like a man, etc.

Good lord you stink these things happen Mr Nerd, take it like a man, etc.
    I unfortunately took it like an ashigaru!!!
    Silence is beautiful

The filthy treacherous scum were hiding in the woods Mr Nerd, don't be so hard on yourself. Make for the sake shop, drown your sorrows and try again. We've all been there at some point. Unfortunately because you have never patched the game, the whole "hiding in woods" dynamic was perhaps something that you've missed out on since 2001.

It was indeed. They used to set up in the open then run to the woods as I approached. Completely new to me! I plan to start again but this time bring more YS and see how it goes. I noticed to that the ronin in Tosa acutally build units as I wait to invade. That too was completely new to me! I know, crappy ol' STW player Mr Nerd is going to reload a previous save file and play the battle again! Oh, the shame! I want that darned legendary swordsman event though! I still haven't got it!
    Silence is beautiful

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Ok simple enough then:

Shogun Total War: The Mongol Invasion v1.02

Shogun Total War: Warlord Edition v1.02
    Glad to see those are still online. :)
    Last edited by Drisos; 11-26-2010 at 00:51.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -