Thread: Crash on loadup of battle.

Default Crash on loadup of battle.

Im not sure if I'm alone with this. I had a search through google and didn't find anything specific about the problem.
    When I load up the battle whether it be a quick battle, custom or through the campaign the loading finished and the screen flickers. The mouse is how can i say? staggered? like when i move the mouse it leaves an image everywhere it moves.
    Sometimes there is no error that appears but other times the earoor is like dderr_nodirectdrawhw or something :) i think this is to do with directx but im not sure. Can you help me please?
    My system is pretty new so i know its not a requirements issue and my graphics cars is like geoforce 9400 or something =D

Needs more flowers Moderator drone's Avatar

Default Re: Crash on loadup of battle.

Welcome to the Org, Nikkolai!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkolai View Post
    My system is pretty new so i know its not a requirements issue and my graphics cars is like geoforce 9400 or something =D
    The problem with MTW is not that it requires new hardware to run, but that it requires old hardware to run. There are a few known issues with CTDs, especially with nVidia graphics cards. What OS are you running?
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

"Why do you hate the extremely limited Spartan version of freedom?" - Lemur

xD don't shoot me for this.. it wasn't my choice =P I have .... Vista

Also thanks for bothering to read my excessive first post :)

No problems, I also have Vista (32 bit). I wanted XP but waited too long to get the PC. But MTW runs for me with a ATI 4850 card on Vista.

You can try the button fix, but that was mainly for campaign map crashes.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...=1#post2484458
    You can also try setting you anti-aliasing to 2x in the nVidia panel.
    The .Org's MTW Reference Guide Wiki - now taking comments, corrections, suggestions, and submissions

If I werent playing games Id be killing small animals at a higher rate than I am now - SFTS
    Si je n'étais pas jouer à des jeux que je serais mort de petits animaux à un taux plus élevé que je suis maintenant - Louis VI The Fat

=( unfortunately the button fix didn't work. I've tried messing about with all the settings and to be fair I got it working ONCE but then i closed it to answer the door and it didn't work again. =D
    If the problem was the cinematic intro to the battle (which i am assuming there is as in other total wars) is there a way to stop this by removing a file? Might be worth a shot =)

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

I have a 7900GS with Vista 64, and it works perfectly...
    What DirectX do you have?

And before everything, set the graphics so it will work perfectly on your sistem, and make sure the screen resolution is the one that works on your monitor.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

The opening cinematic can be bypassed, look at post #2
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...uple-solutions.

Ok im not sure how to fix the graphics so that they work perfectly ... erm all i saw in the video options is the resolution. And as for the resolution I did make sure that it works on my screen and the only difference it made is that with a higher res. the screen flicker seemed faster =P
    @drone I already removed the cinematic because it was blocking the campaign I mean the entrance thing to each battle.

p.s. my directx is 11

@drone I was just re-reading the first post and i didnt see that you had welcomed me xD
    Thanks! =)

Ok im not sure how to fix the graphics so that they work perfectly ... erm all i saw in the video options is the resolution. And as for the resolution I did make sure that it works on my screen and the only difference it made is that with a higher res. the screen flicker seemed faster =P
    @drone I already removed the cinematic because it was blocking the campaign I mean the entrance thing to each battle.

p.s. my directx is 11
    The anti-aliasing setting has to be done outside the game, from the nVidia control panel. I'm not too optimistic that it will help, but it's worth a try.
    @drone I was just re-reading the first post and i didnt see that you had welcomed me xD
    Thanks! =)

:( had a go changing those but no luck =/
    Might just go and nick the oldest computer I can find in school :) maybe it'll run on that =P

:( had a go changing those but no luck =/
    Might just go and nick the oldest computer I can find in school :) maybe it'll run on that =P
    Your best bet is to get an ATI video card. While some people still have issues (there is a problem with long loading times that we don't have a clue about), ATI cards generally work. I've run MTW on Radeon 9700Pro, X800, X1600, and 4850 cards.