Thread: Where are you guys finding people to play with?

Default Where are you guys finding people to play with?

Admittedly, there is a lot going on in MP that I don't yet understand. However, I'm having a very hard time finding battles. There is rarely ever on on the battle list page, and the matchmaker freezes up and never works on auto-team. Is everyone just doing the 1v1 matchmaker?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Where are you guys finding people to play with?

Many people just playing 1v1 MM. Magy and me play 2v2 the last week, its very hard to get into games, here is the procedure:

1. You crash a lot
    2. you have to restart game a lot
    3. If the "2v2 MM" found people, but start research again - you have to restart game as well
    4. You end up with 4 people on one side, 3 people on one side or the wrong people on one side
    5. people see lvl 10 and quite on purpose = you have to restart game
    6. the join bug - you get kicked to the mainpage of the game and it grey out - both have to restart!

important is, that both have to restart, if just one restart its mostly still bugged for the other.
    I have around 30 restarts or crashes each evening.

Anyway, if you dont can join some hosted battles, you play 1v1 MM (which works good mostly) or accept my mentioned points above.

Good luck with enjoying the game!

Lol @ Kocmoc post. What a joke. I just came back to Multiplayer TW for first time since MTW:1, really enjoying the feel of the game but after CA said multiplayer was their main focus in STW:2 it's pretty ridiculous how bad the MP is. I came here to ask the same question as to where the hell are all the games and what's with all the crashes?

Why didn't CA just focus on getting a well built and balanced MP battle/ladder system to the game separate from the MP campaign for people who just enjoy the fighting side of it - instead of merging everything into one big mess. They tried to do too much, over complicated everything and ended up with a poor excuse for an MP system. ALL I want to do is login, see a games list, and play!! I'm sure a big percentage want that to.

.... sigh.
    Last edited by ||GUNSLINGER||; 03-22-2011 at 16:51.

Well having a match mode is a good idea if you ever want to get anywhere with MP. Just that it's a joke right now and only 1v1s seem to work nicely.

Add to the list
    1) don't know if it's been patched yet, but all 2v2's and up are small unit sizes - that's so totally epic eh?
    2) after you play a few MM you'll have to close STW2 down and exit it out using the task manager still running in the background exe. because it hang searching for players
    3) people claim to see a fund cheat, but I haven't seen it yet in my 100 1v1 MM games
    4) if someone CTD while loading a game you won't know and the 3min countdown will go to 0, so it's like did he crash or is he really still loading?
    5) you can duplicate vets
    6) can't really use broken vets in 2v2 and up - I was able to a few times, but seem to only work in 1v1s
    7) taking away honor upgrades and not replacing it with something to allow you to spend every drop of funds without tweaking your army forever or swapping so many units around just to make sure you spend all your koku is a joke. I suggested many times to just allow the buy of one partial unit, but that idea was rejected, so when someone barks at me for taking awhile to pick my army they can kiss my butt because I don't like to have 325 or less koku left unspent - that's the cost of like 6 basic skill upgrades. That's a reason why I like 1v1 MM.. I just prebuild my armies and take the time to make sure the unit icons are in the place I like them on my UI before I start a match for grouping. I like to to have my army tweaked and my unit icons in place before I go into spasms during a match.

On the note of when a 2v2 ends up putting it a 3v1 sometimes you can just click on the open spot next you and your teammate automatically jumps over to your side

Quote Originally Posted by Kocmoc View Post
    Many people just playing 1v1 MM. Magy and me play 2v2 the last week, its very hard to get into games, here is the procedure:

1. You crash a lot
    2. you have to restart game a lot
    3. If the "2v2 MM" found people, but start research again - you have to restart game as well
    4. You end up with 4 people on one side, 3 people on one side or the wrong people on one side
    5. people see lvl 10 and quite on purpose = you have to restart game
    6. the join bug - you get kicked to the mainpage of the game and it grey out - both have to restart!

important is, that both have to restart, if just one restart its mostly still bugged for the other.
    I have around 30 restarts or crashes each evening.

Anyway, if you dont can join some hosted battles, you play 1v1 MM (which works good mostly) or accept my mentioned points above.

Good luck with enjoying the game!
    Thanks Koc. I have encountered nearly all of those problems and it's good to know I'm not the only one... and last night 1v1 wasn't even working for me. Hopefully the promised fixes will pan out.

I've got to respect you and AMP and the others who have racked up so many games so far with all these issues. The three I have mananged to have so far have been really fun.

Senior Member Senior Member Dionysus9's Avatar

Heh, I respect AMP for other reasons-- primarily the long lines of no dachi that used to tear me a new one in original Shogun.
    Hunter_Bachus

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus9 View Post
    Heh, I respect AMP for other reasons-- primarily the long lines of no dachi that used to tear me a new one in original Shogun.
    LOL I think my best memory of AMP was in a 4v4 in MTW:1 where he went all cav and just sat there nearly the whole game, letting his 3 allies fight it out with the 4 enemy alone and subsequently routing, only for him to then charge and wipe out the entire tired and demoralised opponent in about 2 minutes with his insane cav rush. His allies weren't happy but it was sure fun to watch

Dont worry.The updates will be released soon,it was meant to be thiis week,will be.By a couple of weeks,these problems should be fixed.