Thread: Rally Point 17- more Patch 7 info and Bactria confirmed as DLC- now released

Stranger in a strange land Moderator Hooahguy's Avatar

Default Rally Point 17- more Patch 7 info and Bactria confirmed as DLC- now released

Im quite excited for the Bactria DLC. My first Europa Barbarorum campaign was with them and I want to see how they play now.

Also, I think that patch 7 is now live.
    Last edited by Hooahguy; 11-21-2013 at 15:53.
    On the Path to the Streets of Gold: a Suebi AAR
    Visited:
    A man who casts no shadow has no soul.
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Member thankful for this post:

Lemur 

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Default Re: Rally Point 17- more Patch 7 info and Bactria confirmed as a free DLC!

lol, I hope they fixed the select missile crash before releasing this...

Default Re: Rally Point 17- more Patch 7 info and Bactria confirmed as a free DLC!

lol I like those guys especially the dude on the right. Im really hoping for ardiaei in one of the patches as a playable faction... Idk for some reason I like them
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

The Ardiaei have been a pain in my side for a while. I would like to try them out, they seem to be right between the Romans and the rest of the Greek states so that could make for a very interesting campaign.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Quote Originally Posted by Slaists View Post
    lol, I hope they fixed the select missile crash before releasing this...
    Yes! Ran the same custom-battle tests as before. Yesterday resulted in 100% chance of crash (grouped missile troops targeting enemy). Today, no issues.

Members thankful for this post (3):

A Livonian Rebel Member Slaists's Avatar

Great, judging by the patch notes, they've also fixed the bug that caused crashing when merging units on the campaign map (CTRL + M)

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post
    The Ardiaei have been a pain in my side for a while. I would like to try them out, they seem to be right between the Romans and the rest of the Greek states so that could make for a very interesting campaign.
    They've always been that pet faction that ive protected. In every campaign I seek to ally them. Idk for some reason they have just grown on me
    If living is nothing dieing is nothing then nothing is everything and everything is nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    They've always been that pet faction that ive protected. In every campaign I seek to ally them. Idk for some reason they have just grown on me
    Right before I invaded the Romans they asked for an alliance, but I turned them down because I didnt want to be dragged into more wars. When I declared war on the Romans, I learned that they had made an alliance with the Romans, and ever since they have annoying ever since.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

shoulda accepted the alliance then ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakazi View Post
    shoulda accepted the alliance then ;)
    Well, hindsight is always 20/20!

Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

indeed

Thats brilliant to hear. Always figured they would have to be one because of all of their unique roster units and because charging money for another hellenic faction would be a little questionable. Hope Armenia gets similar treatment. The fact that they added Azats (Armenian Knights) to the Seleucid army already suggests they may do that in the future.

The next paid packs are probs going to be either Spain or a Dacia/Thrace pack. Maybe Illyria at a stretch.

I could see a Balkan pack of 1 Illyrian, Dacian, and Thracian tribe.
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Lol they look less enthusiastic.

They listened to some posts criticizing them for having humor I guess.
    Lets play Divide et Impera, Ptolemy Campaign. Link to full playlist down below!

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...2oIDsmGrPrKpzM

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post
    Lol they look less enthusiastic.

They listened to some posts criticizing them for having humor I guess.
    Considering that every post they make anywhere (but here) is met with nothing but angry people saying that they are worse than satan, even when they post things like a description of a charity that they are supporting, its kinda understandable.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Strategist and Storyteller Member Myth's Avatar

I am really hoping for Thrace.
    The art of war, then, is governed by five constant
    factors, to be taken into account in one's deliberations,
    when seeking to determine the conditions obtaining in the field.

These are: (1) The Moral Law; (2) Heaven; (3) Earth;
    (4) The Commander; (5) Method and discipline.
    Sun Tzu, "The Art of War"
    Like totalwar.org on Facebook!

Indeed Hooahguy.

What I find funny is how CA says Baktria gets Galatian Legionaries (What the..) and some other Celtic unit. When Persia can't even recruit their own Persian Hoplites due to an error in the files and also the Seleucids+Pontus don't get Galatians.

Baktria would/ should have Indian, and perhaps Steppe auxiliaries instead of Galatians or Celts.

Pontus and Seleucids do deserve Galatians though.

I know having Indian mercenaries and auxiliaries would be fun after playing IB:SAI. Those Royal Longbows for the Gupta Empire were insane and you would build your army around maximizing their damage.

Quote Originally Posted by BroskiDerpman View Post

What I find funny is how CA says Baktria gets Galatian Legionaries (What the..) and some other Celtic unit. When Persia can't even recruit their own Persian Hoplites due to an error in the files and also the Seleucids+Pontus don't get Galatians.

Baktria would/ should have Indian, and perhaps Steppe auxiliaries instead of Galatians or Celts.

Pontus and Seleucids do deserve Galatians though.
    Where did they say this?
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

From official faction overview wiki.

As such, Baktria’s armed forces brought a rich and varied blend of warriors to the field, with hoplites, peltasts and fierce swordsmen rubbing shoulders with Galatian legionaries and Gallic hunters.

Ah I see it now. Interesting. Ill wait until the faction is released to pass judgement.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Anyone know an ETA?

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

Now this is some good news... Baktria was one of my favourite Europa Barbarorum factions.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Hooahguy View Post

Im quite excited for the Bactria DLC. My first Europa Barbarorum campaign was with them and I want to see how they play now.

Also, I think that patch 7 is now live.
    What's Bactria's unit roster like? I feel like all factions between Illyria and Armenia play pretty much the same because they have the same core units.

Default Rally Point 17- more Patch 7 info and Bactria confirmed as a free DLC!

No clue, but considering that Baktria was an Indo-Greek kingdom I would imagine that CA will throw in at least a couple Indian units, at least something unique to the faction. If not, thats just CA being really really really lazy.
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

Greeks with elephants :D

any idea on release?

We are hoping to release Baktria over the next few weeks. :)
    Disclaimer: Any views or opinions expressed here are those of the poster and do not necessarily represent the views or opinions of The Creative Assembly or SEGA.

Members thankful for this post (5):

Infinite Jest Member easytarget's Avatar

Cool! Thanks for stopping in with that info Trish.

Bactria has been released with todays 20mb patch!
    Visited:
    Hvil i fred HoreTore

I am loving my Baktria campaign on Legenday. Didn't have the stones to try for the This is Total War! acheivement.

...yet...

;)