Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,040 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

It is no where near ready, they only released a pre pre alpha version to keep what community their is left from competly disspearing, after rome 2 has been released and all .... its a real heart ache seeing how slow things are moving with EB 2, i will make a video on my best ever RTW campaign obviously its with EB, it will be a testimonial to such an amazing game. Then i will move to EB 2 and give that as much of my heart and soul as i have with EB 1, but it feels so bare rite now, its just not playable for me i feel like its a complete waste of time It just upsets me every time i look at it and makes me angry, i dont have much time to play games these days and in a few years, when EB 2 might actually be released, ill have kids and wont have time atall.
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

keep up the fire
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Hi Everyone!

Can I please have confirmation how many of you is playing now and is there feedback?

Thank you!

im using romans in playing and testing, noting fixes along the way

What would this be? I have RTW and BI installed, both patched to 1.5 and 1.6. EB 1.2 is already installed, what changes with this?

Try it out, download and run the exe :D

2.65 GB? WTF?! I'm downloading it, a little explanation though?

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    2.65 GB? WTF?! I'm downloading it, a little explanation though?
    Do you have the R:TW Alexander expansion, though? This mod allows you to run EB on the Alexander .exe file, which has a couple of improvements over using default RTW or BI. IIRC Maksimus also made a couple of other changes for better gameplay, but I haven't played the mod so I don't know exactly what these are.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Do you have the R:TW Alexander expansion, though? This mod allows you to run EB on the Alexander .exe file, which has a couple of improvements over using default RTW or BI. IIRC Maksimus also made a couple of other changes for better gameplay, but I haven't played the mod so I don't know exactly what these are.
    Thank you, Ludens, for always being present on this board.

I have a problem with Alexander installation, when I run the installer I get the error No prior installation of Rome: Total War was found because my original RTW folder in C:\Program Files\Activision has been renamed to Rome vanilla, as I'm using other copies of it to play with unfoldered MODs.

The installer can't find the original folder so I get that error. What can I do?

This MOD contains also EB 1.2 fixes?

Blog Entries

Arrow Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by Matteo View Post
    I have a problem with Alexander installation, when I run the installer I get the error No prior installation of Rome: Total War was found because my original RTW folder in C:\Program Files\Activision has been renamed to Rome vanilla, as I'm using other copies of it to play with unfoldered MODs.

The installer can't find the original folder so I get that error. What can I do?
    That's a general tech support question, so try searching the Tech Support forum (it's well hidden, but you can find it on the main forum index). I found this thread, but there are other relevant ones.

As for your other question, Maksimus will have to answer that.

hey hey everyone, happy weekend!

Yes Matteo all the fixes are implemented, however, note that EAEM is kind off a whole mod itself, so many of the fixes did not apply in the first place.

Please post a heroic victory!

Maks

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus View Post
    hey hey everyone, happy weekend!

Yes Matteo all the fixes are implemented, however, note that EAEM is kind off a whole mod itself, so many of the fixes did not apply in the first place.

Please post a heroic victory!

Maks
    Hey Maks I already have Alexander on Steam do i still need to download all this? there are no instrucitons either
    Last edited by Lizardo; 04-04-2016 at 17:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Maksimus View Post
    FINAL MOD 2016 +

https://mega.nz/#!JVZWQYrA!5GXxO1fdj...aieuF46u1Mocnk

I SUGGEST http://www.7-zip.org/ FOR UNZIP

Run EAEM.lnk to launch - ADJUST THE TARGET LINE BEFORE LAUNCH
    [/CENTER]

How to adjust the target line of your EB.exe - In Our Case EAEM.ink
    >Go to EB shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method

"<drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    "...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

I have been fan and developer of RTW since the start, this will be my final major update, anything after this would be tweaks.

Mods adjustment go far beyond any other.

PLEASE POST UR HEROIC VICTORIES AND EMPIRES I WILL BE MAKING CUSTOM CHANGES FOR THE BEST!
    Hi man!

Just wondering, no installer? It's just the whole game.
    How do I get this for my Steam version? :)

Hello, honestly I dont know ! - you would have to overwrite files in the game folder and all of it!

Good luck!

Member thankful for this post:

Conan 

Hey guys,

After a very long break from EB I'm going to give getting EB Alex a go to work on steam!

Before I do I know running EB via EB Alex improves a number of elements of the game, such as AI re-training units. Aside from that what other major changes does this mod add again over vanill EB?

Is there a link to a list off all the changes made in the final version of this great mod?

Last edited by Conan; 05-05-2016 at 22:23.

Hi,

Thank you for asking!

The mode has an overhaul regarding all aspects of the game. Its built from a point of view that world didn't start when player starts, but that the world was there before.

Try it out, it's best out there!

Maks

Wow!

My wife got the mod working via Steam and I'm blown away from what I see to start!

Is it possible for you to list all the changes you have made?

I have so many questions!...

Uh, so many things are changed to make game more real, from fixing formations and impact of cavalry to boost in areas of buildings where you would get more real bonuses with pros and cons.. managing a major city is hard now :3

Starting money seems very generous, with Rome at least, on hard campaign! I've not got past turn 1 yet as just not had time but will do today...

Three questions to start with...

1. Which difficulty would you recommend playing at? Both campaign + battle?

2. Are the core combat mechanics the same as EB in the sense that sword/axe armed units are generally effective against spear units, cavalry switch to swords on Alt + click to make them more effective in melee etc.

3. Would it be possible to have the fog of war back if I wanted? If so would you be kind enough to tell me how? :-)

Looking forward to getting me teeth stuck into this great looking mod! So point I'll get my wife to post the intructions on how she got it working with a steam version of Alex just incase other peeps what to et it working via Steam.

Thanks Maks

Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: ALEXANDER EB

Quote Originally Posted by Conan View Post
    Looking forward to getting me teeth stuck into this great looking mod! So point I'll get my wife to post the intructions on how she got it working with a steam version of Alex just incase other peeps what to et it working via Steam.
    That would be appreciated.

Well a few turns in and enjoying the mod so far! Taking me a while to get used to the minimla battlefield UI! As my first seige battle felt like a million year to do I've cheated and hotkeyed "f" to get triple speed back!

I would like to get the fog of war back how do I go about that?

Love the fact factions have elite units + full armies from the start as well :-)

Hi - "The Wife" here

Relatively easy to do with regards to the steam install...

1. Unpack the zip
    2. Go to your local install folder for the RTW Alexander Steam game - if you're not sure where this is then open Steam, go to Library, right-click Rome: Total War - Alexander, go to Properties > Local Files tab > Browse Local Files
    3. Backup the contents of this folder, just in case
    4. Select all of the files from the unpacked zip, and copy into the RTW-Alexander steam install folder, overwriting those currently there
    5. Go back into Steam, Library, right-click Rome: Total War - Alexander, go to Properties > General tab > Set Launch options
    6. Copy the following into the box: -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander and click OK

Play the game as normal

He's played it for around 12 turns so far with no glitches or crashes, seems to be working fine

Members thankful for this post (2):

Imposter Headache...

How does the Client Ruler system work? I've played as Arch Sel + Romans so far and no matter where I put my hired generals they get the imposter trait and just become a complete headache with public order!

Hi All,
    @Conan: Thank you for support! I play Very Hard both battle and campaign, for fog of war press ~ (command line) and type: toggle_fow, use recruited generals for battle, not all men are made to administrate :) - if you want them to manage settlement they have to be created within an allied state. Combat mechanics did not change much, but the overall setup did.

Ask Questions I will get back to you all when I can :)

Maks

Hi Maks,

Thanks for your replies! Really enjoying the mod :-)

The Seleukid campaign is tough! Just about started to turn a profit (finally). Just lost my main army in an epic battle with 2 full stacks of Ptolemy elites near alexandria.

Love the way elephants are back to having full hit points and they really are a battle turning force now if used correctly!

Kinda got used to not having the fog of war anymore and not actually sure if I want it back to be honest :-)

Also got used to having the minimal UI during battle, certainly makes you think more as can struggle to identify units in a big melee.

I'm sure I'll have more questions at some point :-)

Hi, I've downloaded this mod and since i consider myself a veteran of total war, I'd like to know which are the most difficult factions to play with. Thanks for the effort put in this incredible mod of eb, i've enjoyed reading all the unit descriptions and looking the modified portraits.

Best regards.

Don Radulfo

Hi Radulfo,

Sorry for late reply,

I would say Armenia and Saka would be most challenging.

Maks!

At maybe 15 turns in the Rome Campaign the game crashed and will no longer continue. Going to make a new campaign and see what happens. Beautiful mod otherwise.
    Last edited by LordTrytan; 07-12-2016 at 15:01.

i think ill upload new files because this might be some compatibility issue from before

Hi I don't know if this has been answered before but how do you fix the issue with custom battles unit selection?

Basically the problem is that when I choose a faction in custom battle, they don't have there correct units such as the Romans. I've heard if you launch eb in multiplayer mode then that fixes the issue however I am confused on how to do this so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Page 68 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869 LastLast