View Poll Results: What is the Healthiest Food in the World?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Fish

5 19.23%
  • Carrots

3 11.54%
  • Parsley

0 0%
  • Beef

3 11.54%
  • Chicken

1 3.85%
  • Yogurt

1 3.85%
  • Tofus

0 0%
  • Oat Bread

0 0%
  • Raw Oats

0 0%
  • Strawberries

0 0%
  • Broccoli (ewww) :P

1 3.85%
  • Radish

0 0%
  • Lettuce

0 0%
  • Sauerkraut

1 3.85%
  • Baked Beans

0 0%
  • Blackberries

0 0%
  • Watermelon

1 3.85%
  • Green beans

0 0%
  • Snails (Resists hillarious ethnic joke)

1 3.85%
  • Califlower

0 0%
  • Citrus Fruit

0 0%
  • Apples

0 0%
  • Pears

0 0%
  • Plums

0 0%
  • Peaches

0 0%
  • Human Flesh!! Huhwahwahwa!!

9 34.62%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Healthiest Food in the World

Default Healthiest Food in the World

Well, out of these choices at least, what do you think is the overall healthiest food? (ie, not necassarily the one with the lowest calories, but the one that will overall contribute to your bodies well being)
    If you have any other suggestions, post them in this thread and I will make a new poll with the winner of this thread and the new choices.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Default Re: Healthiest Food in the World

Rice?? Patatoes(orwutever)??? pasta????

poll needs

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

I demand the addition of Pork Fat to this poll.

My kingdom for a .

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

Salmon. Tastes like crap but it's a strongmans dream.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

lol, I am with you SFTS, FISH! It tastes great (you accidently said otherwise, but I know what you meant ), and it is as healthy as heck.
    To everyone else, do not worry, I will make a new poll in a few days with the new additions, for now vote on what you think is healthiest out of these choices.

EDIT: OMG Lemur! *barf* lol, is that real?
    Last edited by Vuk; 03-03-2009 at 19:41.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Some fish is good like tuna and catfish. Salmon is probably the best for you but worst tasting.

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Vuk, you know it! Real as the U.S. of A., baby! And then there's Baconnaise! As a comic put it, "It's for when you want heart disease but are too lazy to mix the bacon and the mayonnaise."

Strike, you do know that you're supposed to cook the salmon, right? Unless you're eating sushi, that is.
    Last edited by Lemur; 03-04-2009 at 00:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Vuk, you know it! Real as the U.S. of A., baby! And then there's baconnaise! As a comic put it, "It's for when you want heart disease but are too lazy to mix the bacon and themayonnaise."

Strike, you do know that you're supposed to cook the salmon, right? Unless you're eating sushi, that is.
    OMG! lol, and I thought that Tofu was bad! :P

I know, I just never really acquired a taste I guess. I'll try it again here soon.

Strike, you do know that you're supposed to cook <- what the fork the salmon, right
    Que?? A salmon needs to be on a grill. Cooking??
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-03-2009 at 19:59.

Try Cod or Pollack. Also, just about every flat fish out there is great.

Try cooking your salmon with some garlic, onion, tomato, chilli, lime and corriander. Then tell me it tastes crap.

Trout on the other hand tastes like mud no matter what you do with it.
    There are times I wish they’d just ban everything- baccy and beer, burgers and bangers, and all the rest- once and for all. Instead, they creep forward one apparently tiny step at a time. It’s like being executed with a bacon slicer.

“Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.”

To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise.

"The purpose of a university education for Left / Liberals is to attain all the politically correct attitudes towards minorties, and the financial means to live as far away from them as possible."

Blog Entries

DAMMIT! It's a public poll, now you all know I'm a cannibal, the secret is out

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneApache View Post
    Trout on the other hand tastes like mud no matter what you do with it.
    Noob, trout is king's food.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I voted for my 2nd favortie, carrots, but where my 1st favortie healthy food, Cashews!?

Quote Originally Posted by ||GoTW||Warman8|cpl||-II-|| View Post
    I voted for my 2nd favortie, carrots, but where my 1st favortie healthy food, Cashews!?
    lol, this is healthiest, not favoritest!

And Ares, why do you think that it is a public poll? Now we know who all the cannibals are. And BTW, human flesh is not healthy. :P (no matter how good it tastes :P)

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    I know, I just never really acquired a taste I guess. I'll try it again here soon.
    Try this:

Full fillet of salmon

Preparation:

Pre-Heat oven to around 400 deg.
    Fill baking sheet or hotel pan (longer than fish fillet) with around 1/4"-3/8" oil (Olive oil is fine if it isn't extra virgin [which burns to easily]). The wall of the pan should be deep enough to hold the fish and oil, without spilling.

Now,

Take a full length fillet of salmon, skin still on, descale.
    Season flesh side completely (nice blend of salt, peppers, spices, and herbs... such as tarragon, thyme, and marjoram.
    Place fillet SKIN DOWN in baking sheet
    Top with 1/8 slices of lemon and 1/4 slices of Tomato.

Bake in oven for around 20-30 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
    Last edited by Yoyoma1910; 03-03-2009 at 20:12.

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Try this:

Full fillet of salmon

Preparation:

Pre-Heat oven to around 400 deg.
    Fill baking sheet or hotel pan (longer than fish fillet) with around 1/4"-3/8" oil (Olive oil is fine if it isn't extra virgin [which burns to easily]). The wall of the pan should be deep enough to hold the fish and oil, without spilling.

Now,

Take a full length fillet of salmon, skin still on, descale.
    Season flesh side completely (nice blend of salt, peppers, spices, and herbs... such as tarragon, thyme, and marjoram.
    Place fillet SKIN DOWN in baking sheet
    Top with 1/8 slices of lemon and 1/4 slices of Tomato.

Bake in oven for around 20-30 minutes, depending on desired crispness.
    Sounds pretty good, but just doesn't have that manly flare to it! I say bread it in cruched potato chips and fry it in olive oil. (server with cubed potatoes and slice hotdogs also fried in olive oil)

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Sounds pretty good, but just doesn't have that manly flare to it! I say bread it in cruched potato chips and fry it in olive oil. (server with cubed potatoes and slice hotdogs also fried in olive oil)
    It's oven fried salmon. I just wanted to make it sound healthier, since this is the Healthy food poll/thread, and not the man cooking thread.

Also, hot dogs are for sissies. You should replace that with Andouille or Boudin.

My kingdom for a .

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Que?? A salmon needs to be on a grill. Cooking??
    I was using "cook" in the generic sense of the verb. Grilling is far from the only way to prepare salmon, what's wrong with poaching, eh?

I was using "cook" in the generic sense of the verb. Grilling is far from the only way to prepare salmon, what's wrong with poaching, eh?
    It leaves it wet and fishy tasting.

My kingdom for a .

It's oven fried salmon. I just wanted to make it sound healthier, since this is the Healthy food poll/thread, and not the man cooking thread.

Also, hot dogs are for sissies. You should replace that with Andouille or Boudin.
    Will you come cook meals for me?

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

There's no single healthiest food.

I suppose I should eat more fish, but I dislike most sorts except tuna. Salmon is okay when properly prepared but not more than that (either that or I'm a lousy cook)

lol, those French intestines are sissy food. If you want a real sausage, go Polish. Best darned sausages in the whole world are Polish. When you boil them, they are so darned good that the very scent of them makes you sweat.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Will you come cook meals for me?
    Boudin is flour mixed with fat and pig-blood so that you know, tasty, I have to go to Belgium to get the real thing sadly, the black variety isn't for sale here
    Last edited by Fragony; 03-03-2009 at 20:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralizec View Post
    There's no single healthiest food.

I suppose I should eat more fish, but I dislike most sorts except tuna. Salmon is okay when properly prepared but not more than that (either that or I'm a lousy cook)
    lol, you are just not cooking it correctly. Anything can taste good if prepared properly. Heck, dog doodoo could taste good if prepared correctly (or even those girly French sausages ). If really want good salmon, you are gonna need white wine and lemon.

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Just looked up boudin - I thought that was a Dutch specialty. What was I thinking

lol, you are just not cooking it correctly. Anything can taste good if prepared properly. Heck, dog doodoo could taste good if prepared correctly (or even those girly French sausages ). If really want good salmon, you are gonna need white wine and lemon.
    Hehe, I'm suddenly reminded of a part in American Psycho (the book, wich I picked up last week) where the main character coats a urinal cake in chocolate and has it served to his girlfriend as a desert.
    Last edited by Kralizec; 03-03-2009 at 20:36.

I married a professional chef, so I get a huge variety, all of it shockingly tasty. That woman can do things to a slab of fish that you would not believe. Not two nights ago we had salmon tartar with capers and onions on a bed of baby spinach with green beans. I know, it's a rough life, but somebody's got to live it.

Vegemite, chili peppers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast