Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reconquesta Interactive History

Blog Entries

Default Reconquesta Interactive History

Sign up if your interested, I'm hosting this at the TWC too. May not be too technical like many others, but simple can be good :)

Will include a prologue and rules if there is interest.

Factions

Moors: DEMON ARCHANGEL
    Cordoba (capital)
    Almeria
    Tanja
    Algarve
    Murcia
    Sevilla
    Badajoz

Almohads:KARL Xll
    Faz (capital)

Hammadids: MEGAS METHUSELATH
    Tunis (capital)
    Qasentina
    Al Jazair
    I Qabaili

Portugal: JOLT
    Lisboa (capital)
    Porto

Castile: CAIUS
    Toledo (capital)
    Castilla

Leon: QUINTUS J.C
    Leon (capital)
    Galicia
    Asturias

Valencia: YOYOMA1910
    Valencia (capital)
    Mallorca

Aragon:PEASANT PHILL
    Aragon (capital)
    Barcelona

Navarre: ICHIGO
    Navarra (capital)
    Armagnac

France: WARLUSTER
    Toulouse (capital)
    Marseilles
    Bordeaux
    Auvergne

Burgundy: IGNORAMUS
    Lyon (capital)

Thoughts?

Updated information:
    -I intend to use tad bits from other IH's (though being careful given the recent plagiarism thing)
    -CoE's asking questions to be answered each turn system will be implemented if I can get Franconius' permission.
    -Certain Kagemusha features such as diplomacy, men & income
    -BUT VERY MOSTLY MY OWN STYLE, advanced military divisions between elite, regulars & militia, opportunity to build a range of buildings & detailed income separating taxes, agriculture, sea & land trade & industry into sub sections so you know what needs improving.
    -Vassals are obtainable and there will be events occasionally with the likelihood of emergent factions, though that will take a while to get.
    -Based on spain & I can honestly say my own inspiration, the idea at least if not all game mechanics is mine.

Rules & Game mechanics

Please read this if your playing the game

Law
    In your faction pm you will be given an overall law rating (not for individual provinces, less micromanagement) If it falls below 100 there is a chance a province will rebel, i.e if law is 88 there is a 12% chance of rebellion (similar to medieval 1 law system)
    All factions law begins above 100, but certain upgrades can make it worse, losing vital provinces and gaining unstable ones or a decline in army can also worsen law, while gaining stable provinces or increasing military can increase it.

Military
    You start with no army in which I will give all players the chance to decide how many men they want (considering there budget) and where they want them. However you can only build basic 'militia' at the start, building some of the military buildings will allow you to eventually recruit regulars & elites, the upkeep is the same for all unit types 1 man = 1 coin but in order to get regulars & elites you must first upgrade, also getting upgrades allows you to buy more men, the base maximum amount of men is 75,000 without upgrades, it isn't a cheap process though. You can only get them at your capital as you only need one anyway, so look after your capital if you build these upgrades as losing it will take you back to 'militia' units.

Finally, any region with a port can invade any other region with a port, port regions are the only ones which can invade Mallorca too, which is the only province you can invade without it having a port, you need a port to invade it, but Mallorca doesn't need a port to receive an invasion while all other regions do.

In a battle the following is what each equals
    Militia (normal unit) = 1
    Regulars = 2
    Elites = 4

Garrisons
    If an unoccupied area is attacked there is no fight, the invader wins, getting upgrades so there is a permanent garrison (there rather cheap too) can at least give the invader a challenge, even if they win, the garrison never depletes but must stay in it's region and cannot attack. The garrison still fights even if you already have men in the province being attacked, and simply adds to the numbers.
    Upgrades can delay how quick an opponent takes a province too. The base time is 1 turn, which doesn't give you much time to retaliate at all.

Diplomacy
    There are a few allies & wars at the start to get things rolling, but you can change that by ceasfiring or breaking alliances if you like, all diplomacy is allowed and encouraged including

-Money sharing
    -Vassals
    -Alliances & war declaration
    -Region trading
    -Trade
    -Help In wars
    and much much more, mostly anything you can do on the actual total war games, providing the person who negotiate with accept your terms of course!

Income
    A regions income is split into 4 sections:
    -Tax
    -Agriculture
    -Mining & Industry
    -Sea & Land trade
    There are buildings to work on each area individually and improve them, the general trend however is that the most valuable income is tax, then trade, then industry then farming, however depending on how you upgrade depends on whether that normal income trend is in place or not.

Confirmed buildings
    Note: Each building is built on the turn you request it, stopping the annoying wait while it's being constructed, though upgrades are expensive. You must build stage 1 buildings in that category before stage 2, and stage 2 before stage 3 i.e: Build a tax depot before you can build a tax office.

Economics
    Tax
    Tax Collectors depot
    Cost: 10,000
    Effect: Increases the regions tax income by 10% from it's original tax income
    -3 law

Tax Offices
    Cost: 25,000
    Effect: Increases the regions tax income by 30% from it's original tax income
    -10 law

Agriculture
    Land clearance
    Cost: 8,000
    Effect: Increase regions farming income by 5% from its original farm income

Farmlands
    Cost: 4,000
    Effect: Increase regions farming income by 30% from its original farm income

Agricultural estates
    Cost: 4,000
    Effect: Increase regions farming income by 50% from its original farm income

Industry
    Textiles workshop
    Cost: 6,000
    Effect: Increase regions industry income by 20% from its original industrial income

Armour workshop
    Cost: 12,000
    Effect: Increase regions industry income by 40% from its original industrial income

Mines
    Cost: 30,000
    Effect: Increase regions industry income by 100% from its original industrial income
    -5 law

Trade
    Roads
    Cost: 10,000
    Effect: Increase regions trade income by 15% from its original trade income

Port
    Cost: 20,000
    Effect: Increase regions trade income by 30% from its original trade income
    Allows you to attack other regions with ports

Military
    Garrisons
    Town Watch
    Cost: 5,000
    Effect: The region will have 2,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
    Adds 1 turn to the time the siege takes (2 turns)

Wooden Walls
    Cost: 15,000
    Effect: The region will have 5,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
    Adds 2 turns to the time the siege makes (3 turns)

Fortified Stone Wall
    Cost: 40,000
    Effect: The region will have 10,000 militia 'garrisoned' whenever it is attacked on top of any force it may or may not already have
    Adds 3 turns to the time the siege takes (4 turns)

Army
    Barracks network
    Cost: 50,000
    Effect: Increases maximum army size from 75,000 to 100,000
    Allows recruitment of 8,000 regulars on top of normal militia

Advanced Barracks network
    Cost: 100,000
    Effect: Increases maximum army size from 100,000 to 125,000
    Allows recruitment of 15,000 regulars & 3,000 elites on top of normal militia

Huge Advanced Barracks network
    Cost: 150,000
    Effect: No maximum army size
    Allows recruitment of 25,000 regulars & 10,000 elites on top of normal militia

If there is a part you don't understand, or don't like, or just think this is too confusing please say, I will adjust to fit everyone's needs, to a certain degree at least :)
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-15-2009 at 23:06.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Reconquesta Interactive History

Every IH I am/was interested in doesn't seem to get started. So I may put a curse on this one to but ... IN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill View Post
    Every IH I am/was interested in doesn't seem to get started. So I may put a curse on this one to but ... IN.
    Thank you, have a balloon

Choose a faction if you will (unless your happy to have any)
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-11-2009 at 17:09.

Ice stink there for a ham. Member Mystery Science Torture 3000 Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion, Pencak Champion, Sperm Wars Champion, Monkey Diving Champion Yoyoma1910's Avatar
    Yarr me matey. I be livin on the high seas.

Valencia!!!!!

Yo soy... El Cid Campeador.

My kingdom for a .

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoma1910 View Post
    Valencia!!!!!

Yo soy... El Cid Campeador.

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

...Why does Lisboa reach Bragança? Doesn't make much sense to me. And I fail to understand what is "Lagas"? You probably mean Lagos, which was called Zawaia by the moors. In any case Lagos was extremely unimportant by that time. The most important and wealthy town in Alentejo was Silves, which is said to have been richer than Lisboa when our King captured it. It was called "The Baghdad of the West", since Baghdad was the center of the Caliphate in the East, and that by itself shows the importance and power of Silves in the Muslim world.
    BLARGH!

In any case, in as Portugal (Obviously)

EDIT: Not to be rude, but your map is some serious geography fail.

-León in the map isn't quite actually León. Rename it Galicia. Salamanca can be renamed León, as that is the core region of León.
    - Toledo is nowhere in the region of Toledo in the map. Toledo is in the Madrid region. Rename Toledo Salamanca (As Salamanca is in the Toledo region)
    - Madrid doesn't exist in this period (Madrid was just a very small village back then), Toledo was the center of the Madrid region. Therefore rename the Madrid region, Toledo.
    - Truj-what? Caceres would be a more fitting name. The province length is also quite odd since it reaches León when Caceres is Extremadura.
    - Badajoz is sufficiently correct.
    - Merida not only is unimportant in the period, but it is grossly misplaced. In the lack of something better, the name La Mancha (Which is the real name of the region), would suffice.
    - Tolosa...is in the Basque Country. I have no clue how it ended up down there. Almansa would be a better name.
    - Now...I have no idea what Jaliva actually is, but it is where Valencia should be.
    - Cordoba is fine except the gigantic length of the province it shouldn't be a coastal province or anything close.
    - Murcia is fine, but should be connected to Jaliva-Valencia
    - Grenada is fine but Almeria was gigantically more important than Granada in that period.
    - Sevilla region should be Cadiz. Sevilla is inside Cordoba region. Either connect this province with Lagas-Silves or create a new coastal province in Cordoba between these two named Sevilla.
    - Morella is another place I have no idea where it is. Catalayud would be better I suppose.
    - Valencia travelled a lot up north. The place should be renamed Castellón.
    - Coastal Zaragoza is where Barcelona is located. Zaragoza should be renamed Barcelona.
    - Saragosa should be renamed Zaragoza. I don't know what happened for the peninsula to have two Zaragozas.
    - Barcelona should be renamed Urgell, since it was a powerful county in the period.
    - Bragança is sort of fine.
    - Porto is...a coastal city, do you know that? It should gain access to the sea.
    - Lisbon is misplaced, as the city is located in the northern part of the Tagus Estuary.
    - Coimbra should lose most of it's coastal territory to Porto and Lisbon, and gain inland territory from Lisbon and the Sourthernmost part of the Porto region.
    - Silves, I have already spoken about.
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-11-2009 at 19:16.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    In any case, in as Portugal (Obviously)
    I'm fully aware it isn't completely accurate, it's just a reasonable representation.

Thank you for joining

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Castilla for me. Dont expect me to be THAT active.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caius View Post
    Castilla for me. Dont expect me to be THAT active.
    That is fine, welcome

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    That is fine, welcome
    Thank you.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

I would make some modifications to the map Ares777. It is grossly misrepresented. I might even make a new map altogether, if you want to. :)
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

I would make some modifications to the map Ares777. It is grossly misrepresented. I might even make a new map altogether, if you want to. :)

Ok, It just shows how little I know about it, I was only using knowledge from a dodgy mod I played a year ago, to be fair though.

Don't change it massively, though or people might get confused or change there faction, by then someone else may of picked and it all gets confusing.

also keep all factions in, I know sicily, valencia & possibly the almohads weren't declared factions but it is more or less so there are enough factions for an enjoyable and varied game.
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-11-2009 at 19:22.

Whatdcha think about these provinces?

BLARGH!

Blog Entries

OK then, thank you, thank you muchly

I'll re apply the faction regions to it's corresponding area, (i.e: re color & name)

Do it when I wake up tomorrow....

edit: good but I may struggle to apply the almohads & I really wanted a secondary Islamic faction.....
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-12-2009 at 01:15.

I'll put up the names for each region. To make sure it stays nice and historical.
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

I'll put up the names for each region. To make sure it stays nice and historical.
    Well I'm not sure the regions owners at this time will be completely accurate, but it will make it better by not being so!

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Erm... I think you mean "Reconquista" not... "Reconquesta"...
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

There you go.

If you wish to use the Islamic names for the places still under Islamic control:
    Algarve - Al-Gharb
    Sevilla - Isbiliya
    Badajoz - Batlabus
    Almeria - Al-Mariyat
    Murcia - Mursiya
    Cordoba - Qurtuba
    Mallorca - Mayurqa
    Last edited by Jolt; 04-12-2009 at 02:00.
    BLARGH!

La Reconquista is right written.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ||Lz3|| View Post
    Erm... I think you mean "Reconquista" not... "Reconquesta"...
    Ok I think we've established I'm a disgrace to the era, but it's my disgrace because I thought of it, so ha

Thanks Jolt, I'll include the greyed out area too

(the african one 'sahara (can't go far wrong with that name) )
    The italian one simply just genoa

edit: I don't have that font, just adding sahara & genoa would be appreciated hugely thanks! Though I guess its not that important, use your own judgment.
    Last edited by Thermal; 04-12-2009 at 20:19.

Blog Entries

I cannot bucket fill that map, so I' ll recreate it and copy your version

Re-create the map, and I'll put the names up. :)
    BLARGH!

Blog Entries

Is this just accurate enough?

Blog Entries

Re-create the map, and I'll put the names up. :)
    It doesn't ,matter, see below :)

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

I'll tackle the Almohads
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KarlXII View Post
    I'll tackle the Almohads
    Welcome

If I get over the normal amount then maybe I could consider emergent factions?

(Insert innuendo here) Member Balloon Bomber Champion DemonArchangel's Avatar

Give me the Moors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat View Post
    China is not a world power. China is the world, and it's surrounded by a ring of tiny and short-lived civilisations like the Americas, Europeans, Mongols, Moghuls, Indians, Franks, Romans, Japanese, Koreans.

Quite well done Ares. :) Now it's perfect.
    BLARGH!

Just one thing - Malloca is Mallorca. :P I missed the "r" on my map. Not that it will make much difference.
    BLARGH!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast