Page 53 of 137 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 4105

Thread: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

discount Visor Member Raskolnikov's Avatar

Default Re: Mass Effect 17er [Game Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Esooa View Post
    honestly I don't like the GH votes at all. I see what people mean that if Dya is a wolf GH is, but the association here is

town!dya=town!GH (he would lynch Dya day 1)
    wolf!dya= town/wolf!GH (he could save her, he could just be wrong day 1)

so voting GH before Dya here is just bad, or am I missing something?

Regardless, I don't like the two competing wagons being stagnant and somehow only two votes

Vote:montmorency
    I agree with this too. I am annoyed with my vote rn. Doesn't like GH currently but we aren't hero yeeting him.
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I've hated Cuth's spaghetti plate post, but actually liking and melding with the post where he details probable v/w mindsets around the GH/Dya duo.

So I think I am not going there today (or ever lol). Still need to catch up a couple of pages.

Now what I really need to do is think about GH/Dya again. I've been liking Dya's posts more. I have ambivalent feelings about GH.
    Looking back at the game thread from the last 24 and up untill Monty wagon took off, I think GH/Dya are prolly vv. maybe.
    @Visor: what do you think of this?
    "Les plus désespérés sont les chants les plus beaux, et j'en sais d'immortels qui sont de purs sanglots." Alfred de Musset

excuse me, maybelline

Speaking of gamestate, the way Dolby is coasting is worrying.

Think I am going to have a serious look there when I am done doing what I am currently doing (ie not so much lol)

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HahaNice.gif 
Views:	38 
Size:	969.7 KB 
ID:	24402  

OK going to NAP before doing so more ISO (Dolby/pzelda), but after my day work.

In the meantime I am gonna hype (Ara has been missing today?) and vote: Manti

Sitting on a cream filled cake seems appropriate.

You can't stop me.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm sorry, I really don't want to keep harping on this point, but this is just an outright lie.
    ok i don't know and i don't care

i am just talking about you saying you were hard defending through eod1 and still defending sod

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by Visor View Post
    I've been summoned

Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
    I've got some work to do and pzelda's game too so I am going to take a small break from the thread.

But I am leaving an ordered list so @Arapocalypse can have a look and hype (maybelline < loving this word, not sure who came up with it earlier)

TR for now Hally/Ephemeral/Esooa/Visor/Ara

Leaning town Dolby

null: ColonelBop/pzelda/Manti

Leaning scumMonty

>>rand scum GH/Manasi/Dya

I have read about 60% of the thread and still didn't find a post from Cuthalion wtf (saw some likes but that's a bit lacking material to have a read).

Have fun friendos
    The readlist is hype and appreciated!!!!! Will

Thoughts

I'm going through the game starting from EoD 1, since I've forgotten stuff and there's only a few hundred posts anyway; will be around for the next few hours, at least!!!!!

It seems pretty quiet anyway, going to try and refrain from flooding in the meantime though... probably sticking to conclusions!!

Not sure what happened to that post there; will put down more thoughts/engage with stuff catching up, I meant to say!!

Reading through EoD, starting from ~4 hours before EoD (#961, I'm on 80ppp):

Thoughts going into this are that Csargo was the top suspicion if not top wagon for most of EoD; I'm not sure how real people thought the EoD was? Suspicion on him was fairly strong, though it's fair that someone else could still have gone over if some people (including me) had moved at the last few minutes!!

Liked various Dolby takes and things, felt like him trying to consider people from different angles (see: GH read) was done in a fairly towny fashion!!!! Also, real thoughts on Csargo ~15 minutes before EoD, feel like dya could have actually gone over there!

Ephemeral is actually feeling fairly decent in general questioning-time? Take this with a grain of salt because Ephemeral's pretty good at posting as mafia; actually, hold this read in general!!! Lowkey dislike dya's response, but that's more shrug; expecting stuff from today will be more useful anyway!!

Manasi's re-entrance to the thread seems okay? I was going to go back and add more stuff here, except there's not much about this EoD to say; quick takes were given with not much done with it, not feeling strongly either way because yeah that's how popping in at EoD goes... Would maybe lean this very slightly town for trying to express interested in an EoD like this? Would want to look over again and maybe move up if the wagons turn out to be v/v/v!!!!

GeneralHankerchief read is complicated; I generally do like the way it feels like he's got Real Thoughts in posts and trying to reach out to people like Ephemeral... however, when considering this read I've realized that I may be comparing this too closely to the recent mafia game of his that I saw!! Still though, looking at the general cadence of the GH/Ephemeral interaction (minus a certain phrase), it feels more along the lines of a v/v interaction in how the reads/thoughts are exchanged, feels overall genuine!!

Visor/Ephemeral were sort of just floating around for quite a few posts, trying to poke people to do things which felt very lightly good!!!! (Yes they can do it as mafia, but it feels good here fight me!) On second thought... Visor literally just disappeared for the last 13 minutes straight of EoD? Which is not actually a good look, but Ephemeral can be okay!!

Not doing Maple thoughts, that's complicated!!!!

Noting people who said that they didn't like/were meh about wagons: Bop/Maple/me/I swear there were more people? Also, I forgot how high dya's wagon got; not really sure what to think about that!!!

Overall thoughts from EoD: liked Dolby/Ephemeral/maybe GH, Manasi fence but slightest town, Maple fence, dya/Visor fence but slight mafia!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hally View Post
    exercise: if gh/dya are v/v, ____ is a wolf

fill in the blank
    Anyone that would fill the blank can also go there if they were w/w too.

i’m worried the gh/dya/visor/(rask) group are all villas and the wolves are just letting them turn on each other while they sit there doing nothing

if i entertain that world, monty feels like a wolf who’s kind of watching the world burn and roasting smores on the flames. just kinda the vibe i get from his posts today
    There are probably max 2 wolves in that group so any way you split it half the wolf team at least is somewhere outside. They are either not around or doing much to defend (manasi,Dolby,maple(applies to d1 more so than d2),mont) or are piling on (a host of others in spicier worlds)

you say “if I entertain that world....” when really we are already in that world.

With the day over half over lettuce go back and see who is focusing just on dya/gh/rask and who isn’t. Feels like it would be cromulent.

Note: I’m doing this but not at 5am, maybe after brekky when I wake up in a few hours. Had a nightmare and decided to punish myself and look at this thread in the meantime. Not a criticism of this game or the players but if the game of mafia asa whole

i dunno, my read on gh is kinda inextricably linked to my read on dya at this point. and i’m doubting whether dya is a wolf after their posts today, which in turn is making me doubt whether gh is a wolf. if they’re w/v i don’t think w!gh passes up the chance to push v!dya over D1 because lunching a strong villager like dya before they can get into the game and post themselves clear would be pretty huge for the wolves so i don’t really see gh taking the line he did with dya D1 if he’s a wolf and dya is a villager. he would just lunch dya imo

on the other hand, if dya is a wolf i find it hard to believe gh isn’t also a wolf, but i want to at least explore the possibility they’re v/v and i’ve been wrong on them
    What about dya’s posting today has changed your opinion

Anyways, moving on to SoD...

Reading these Hally posts and recalling how Hally played day 1, I'm putting them in my pile of just not reconsidering unless necessary in lategame, at least another day or two!!! Feel like a lot of their posts are towny to a very consistent degree regardless of anything else going on in the thread/reads on them/whatever's going on, fairly comfortable with this!!

On another note, I'm not bothering to alignment-read Raskolnikov and am lowkey assuming he's town here; if I'm wrong, then I'm okay with things being easier and solving in the more difficult world at the moment!! (That being said, my actual read on him is towny, though it doesn't matter!)

dyachei's discussion of things/bringing things up feels... sort of weird? For instance, talking about the Raskolnikov read/the ISO; aside from not being sure why they put down Raskolnikov thoughts when they're already poisoned, just feels like there's a distinction between the ISO thoughts and actual interaction between the thread which means something, probably? I may come back to this later!!!

Second readthrough of GH's posts feels... actually good/consideration hype stuff, better than I expected? While knowing that he's aware of how staying in the thread a bit longer is something that people sometimes find town, I feel like the way he actually executed that at SoD was a truly genuine one, where he was actually felt the pressing need to clarify how EoD went down from how he was reading the game and stuff!!

On the other hand, I feel like Bop's actively pocketing me here, 1236 in particular; still leaving him in my towns though!!!

Going back to dya... not great at reading this posting, will say that Hally/dya aren't w/w at the very least? On another note, were the dya/GH w/w associations serious? I'm assuming not because Visor is the one who said it, but just in case, I don't think they are w/w either!! Thinking that the main thing regarding dya that I have issues with is that yes, they're doing things of their own volition and stuff here; however, it majorly pings me when the most major things that stand out conviction-wise when considering their ISO is defense of their slot versus other slots, which I'm not a fan of!!

Feeling like this Esooa/dya interation is mostly shrug, maybe slightly townier for Esooa but it feels really not that difficult to do on this train of thought!!!

More comfortable with Ephemeral, not much to say; also keeping in mind that I could be getting pocketed here but is fine for now, I guess!!

I'm breaking these up into 80-post chunks, as a note; will consolidate when I'm caught up!!!

Vote: dolby

nl whatcha thinking

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    turning over gh/dya in my mind

i think both of them have had distinctly villagery notes today, but i don't love love either of those but i think there's a good enough chance that either one is v that i'd rather go elsewhere today question mark pending certain people being in thread

monty looks absolutely terrible if they're both villagers, thus my vote there, i think specifically pzelda making the first post about dya being an outed wolf early on d1 and also dunking on gh is probably a fairly good look regardless of gh/dya alignments

don't think the wolves are taking quite as much advantage of town blehness as they could, but maybe that's because we're not on the right tracks and don't have to yet?

which would give me a bit of hope for our chances after we get A Flip

there's a big block of what do with manasi/manti/colonel/dolby

and unless there are at least two wolves in there idk what's going on with this game maybe if gh/dya not w/w

i feel like there was a fairly considerable swing of momentum onto specifically that world today, and i don't think the people like actively championing it are as much to blame as the people who treated it as a sort of implicit assumption

idk
    Lumping me in with manasi/manti/Dolby is bananas

You can be wary of me but not for the reasons that would put me with that grouping.

If there is a wolf in dya/gh and montecorenot is a villa there is nothing that will drag me away from the fiery he’ll tunnel that I will have on cuth. For this post.

In b4 cuth is the poisoner

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    nl whatcha thinking
    nothing

i'm gonna need to take another look at some manti games soon-ish

but him being on-topic isn't an issue, he's done it as either alignment before

nothing
    no feels either way from dya's posting yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeral View Post
    no feels either way from dya's posting yesterday?
    i have technically read them but i have no thoughts

0-1
    Hally
    Ara
    Visor
    Pzelda

1-2
    Ephemeral
    Cuth
    Maple
    Esooa

0-2
    Montecorenot
    Manasi
    Dolby

1-2
    Gh
    Dya

Rask feels V

pzelda still up there in my own townreads, feels like his re-evaluation over the night felt real, even if I don't agree with half of it... why is Dolby mafia? Not really getting the suspicion here!!! Need to pull out a certain post of his after this post though, hang on!!

Raskolnikov, I made my first SoD1 post, refreshed the thread for a minute or two with no further posts, then forced myself to do other stuff for a while... fearing it would be just me refreshing a dead thread for half an hour or something silly!!!!

Visor's push on GH feels very ??? I gather that he was actually serious about the GH/dya w/w association, which... ?? A lot of this feels more like him coming to conclusions and I'm not really seeing the thought processes behind them, which is making me doubt that they exist!!

Yes, I do usually exclamation mark hype!!!!!! Also, I meant that before day 1 started I was going to make a case on GH to post at SoD, but decided not to... all before the day started!!!

I had noticed that Montmorency referred frequently to older games, but to be honest literally everyone does that so I just shrugged it off; is it something which is overly noticeable/that you think is mafia-indicative, though? Which... hmm; am lowkey needing to refresh my read on him because I've noticed his posts in the past while just haven't had major thoughts about them? Some have felt sort of waterflowy, but I've somewhat dismissed it because part of it is also due to the multi-quote formatting!! Anyways, will probably ISO him after!!!

Esooa's suspicion of pzelda is, while I don't agree with it, something which I think I do get the reasoning for at least; feels fairly reasonable I think? Also liked general scope of stuff, don't have much else to say about this one!!

GH's 1352 is solid, very hype; I agree with... a scary high amount of it?! Which in itself may be a little concerning, but I'm down with it for now!!!!!!

dya's 1355 is one which I'm particularly disliking; sort of annoying because I do distinctly recall dya doing that sort of one-liners as town previously though!!!

Hi Ephemeral/Bop!!!!!

You only got me for half a second there Bop, before I remembered what time it is; GH is (almost) never up this early!!!

Quick question: do people actually think a dya/GH w/w world could exist here? Because... no, don't really think that's a thing!!

Note on above

Sections aren’t ordered in any particular way

Quote Originally Posted by pzelda View Post
    I'm catching up. But the most interesting thing during the eod was Dolby voting Rask. Over night I came to a conclusion that Montomercy is town and Dolby scum, but that vote threw me off. I'm also interested to see more reasons from Rask than vague meta reasons for scumreading Dolby. I kinda think that so far it's in possible distancing territory, but I'm not willing to bet my pants on it.
    I quite liked Dya's entrance today and the way wagons were yesterday suggest that she's more likely town than scum. Again, Dya avoiding the game d1 is a typical wolfy behaviour regardless of her irl circumstances. I think that her posts being more focused on irl circumstances makes her more sus than just not being here.
    More later.
    Capage, what does the bolded mean? You said that you liked Dya in your first sentence, then transitioned smoothly directly into calling them suspicious in the next two sentences?

I mean, did I miss something here or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Arapocalypse View Post
    Hi Ephemeral/Bop!!!!!

You only got me for half a second there Bop, before I remembered what time it is; GH is (almost) never up this early!!!

Quick question: do people actually think a dya/GH w/w world could exist here? Because... no, don't really think that's a thing!!
    For sure it’s possible.

I think most likely there is definitely 1 but 2 is for sure possible.

Why do you think it’s not possible other than the reason that people feel weird that everyone is thinking it

what do yall think of esooa

fwiw i played with v!capage in sf3 and this doesn’t concern me coming from him. he’s kind of like a weathervane. as in, he changes his mind a lot even from post to post because he gets easily influenced by other people’s opinions and his mind seems to go in a lot of different directions. this sort of thing is what kept him in the poe D1 because people tend to find it wolfy, but i think it’s villagery for capage (and maybe even in general). it’s just kinda how he operates and i’m pretty confident he’s a villager here
    Pulling this post out to say that this is extremely accurate, and I had a solid chunk of time suspecting him for that, in that game!!!! But anyways, based on what I recall from meta-diving several games though, the influence thing is very real!!

I don't think it's necessary something that's villagery in general per se, but I do think this/the way he's approached it in this game is very towny for him here!!

Page 53 of 137 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast